Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan co. 65 Powell co. 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final, I'm really glad I didn't go.
Heard this one got ugly very fast. Congrats Morgan!
Powell county head coach Bruce Jones coached on a state championship team at Paris. He also coached on a playoff team at Bourbon co. under coach Granieson who was formaly at Trinity prior to that. As bad as it looks the man is a good football coach who has been around and coached at championship football programs. I worked with coach Jones and he gives everything he has to the football program as far as time and effort is concerned. Sebey, Lopez are your only seniors giving effort out there as for the rest of the seniors, Bench-um. You will be just as well off playing underclassmen and getting them ready for next season. You wont be any worse off and that crew isnt going to help you this season any ways. Don't let those guys coaching your o-line within 50 yards of them for the rest of the season. Let um fill the water coolers or get out blocking dummies, something they can figure out. I know you got to have individual periods but youcant afford too. Take control 100% of everything on that field, Your coaches simply cant help you because they dont know how. Go all team on o and d so you can see everything that's going on and if they dont like it send them home. Big waiste of money on a couple of those guys anyways.
Trog would be a good help for an expirienced line coach, Who could teach him but he still has a lot of learning as well. If your seniors and coaches cant get it done no better than this send the home. Youd be just as well off by yourself playing freshman.
Tell-um to stuff the apologies because it's the same apologies every week.
Keep your head up coach Jones. You got no help and no dedication from your seniors for the most part. Survive the rest of the season cause next year will be a whole lot better. Start this year right now getting those young guys expirience for next year.
Glad to see Morgan get one in the win column
Congrats Morgan county, what i expected
WOW,, I expected nothing like this............. How did Cody Lopez do for Powell??
Congrats to Morgan county
Cody caught the first td for Powell which made it a 12-6 game. Powell was in it. Morgan scored on their first 2 possesions from the get go. It was 12-6 when the center snapped the ball over the punters head and set up another Morgan score.
Ive said for the last 2 weeks a healthy Morgan is a dangerous Morgan. Coach has worked all week on tackling the fb every play,every play. Take away the first read by tackling the fb every play whether he has he ball or not. Make them make a choice, But don't let them run straight up the middle by taking away the first read. You have a nose, 2 tackles and a midle linebacker who let a fb run straight up the middle all night. If you pinch your tackles the qb will fake the fb, Cause he's reading your tackle to the motion side and he will pull it and look to keep or pitch. Coach had a solid game plan once again but nobody all night tackled the fb like coach had told them.
Congrats Morgan Co.
congrats Morgan
Good job Morgan
Coah Jones dont get your head down out there even though people form this town keep on feeding you a bunch of crap you know how to coach football better than anyone I know of and like Getum-Choppin said you have coached on many state-championship teams and have won enough to show off your rings but dont get your head down out there coach you have many more seaons to coach here. As for Cody he had another concussion and was out before the first half was over he played his heart out there and I was damn proud of him! Matt Sebey did a real good job out there as well and good luck to the pirates for the rest of your season we have 4 more games to go and we can win them all but seniors...guys its up to you all take control of the team lets finish 5-5 this season and i believe in you guys and i know you can do it ive played with many of you guys out there and you have there talent nows your time to show it next game. Shake this morgan game off it was a bust anyways that will probabaly be their only win due to injuries but that wont stop us from going 5-5 so guys practice hard this week and listen to Coach Jones and what he has to teach you all, the man knows football very well and he knows how he can make us go 5-5 and we have worked to damn hard to get him here finally to stay and he is really building this program. Guys you have to believe in yourself and believe that you can win these next 4 games seniors its in all your hands now espically cody and sebey lead this guys. Coach dont get down you have most of the town has got your back and will support you 100%!!! I believe in you coach good luck!
Cody got the only touchdown friday night it was a pass from billy rice. He had a another concussion friday night but is doing much better and is ready to play friday against fleming co.
Congrats to the Cougars! Not really surprised by the win as much as the margin!
I have seem to notice that some of these kids dont care? As ive seen them in the past years. Big difference.
UK06 Wrote:I have seem to notice that some of these kids dont care? As ive seen them in the past years. Big difference.
About two years ago I believe that Powell County had a Playoff caliber team. They had great speed in the backfield and good strength and size on both O and D line's. There were a few games they lost by a touchdown or less. If you take those games away. Powell wouldve been 6-4 or 7-3..not sure which. Lost to South Floyd 36-34 in season opener. Lost to Pendleton by 6 I believe. During the East Carter game they trailed till the 4th quarter and closed the gap to a touchdown so im pretty sure those kids were determined to do something big that season..it just didnt happen.
I coached there that year. If we just had a couple of breaks we would have been 7-3.
South Floyd game we had 2 starters academically inelligible and over 300 yards in penalties.( NO JOKE LOL) South Floyd had a good team they finished 9-2 that year.
We had Morgan tied going into the 4th 2 years ago but we fumbled a kickoff on the 10 yard line costing us the game. We came back and had a shot with 2 minutes to go inthe game to beat East Carter but it didn't happen. Pendleton beat us on a kickoff return for a touchdwn with less than 3 minutes to go in the game. We were right on the doorstep and should have won those games. The best was Estill, We were down 12 points with 2 minutes left in the game and we came back and won it.
That team had heart and never quit ever. That team was finished 4-6 but we very easily could have and should have been 8-2. The only teams that just flat out beat us were Russell and Flemming. We had a chance of winning the other 8 games and were never blown out. Very competetive team .
That team never hung it's head if we got down. We kept on fighting no matter what.
This years team , One little thing goes wrong and they quit for the rest of the game.
Gotta have more pride then that. No matter what the score is or no matter how bad it gets, You never ever quit.
Congrats to Morgan Co
Congrats Morgan!