Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer Co. 79 Southwestern 68
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the Titans and good luck against Danville in the Finals.

SW great season.
Southwest played a good game.
I was impressed with Corder the last
Time they played Mercer. I was even more
Impressed today. I dont know anything
About the kid but she can play. Good demeanor
On the court as well. Kudos to SW on a nice season.
I bet Lilly is loving it
Not loving it at all. I would like to see the box score though......anyone who thinks this guy can coach is a $(#*%). Its a shame for the kids......trying to press a team full of guards.
Anyone know who made the all tourney team?
I was always told that their previous coach, Tim Rice, was a good one. He was either in the semis or in the finals each year, or so I was told.
I think SW was in the semis again this year.
SW with Rice was put out in the first round of the region 5 of 6 years and the year they made it to the semis they beat a team that had only 8 or 9 wins (basically the team everyone wanted to draw). Rice wasn't a bad coach though, just got a tough draw a few of them years and got upset a couple times. And yes Willie, SW got put out by Mercer in the semis this year, the only team in the 12th region they lost to this year. Hate to agree with Lily but trying to press Mercer was a major mistake. Mercer also outhustled SW to most of the 50/50 looseballs/rebounds. Very disappointing end but proud of the Lady Warriors season.
This guy has been fired from every job he has ever had for the same reasons. Cocky and cant coach. Rice twice the coach.
I dont have a horse in this race but didn't Butcher coach a team to the final four at state? That doesn't always mean a good Coach, but I thought I was told that.
Olred Wrote:I dont have a horse in this race but didn't Butcher coach a team to the final four at state? That doesn't always mean a good Coach, but I thought I was told that.
This is true. My niece was on that Pike Central team that made the final four at state. Just a little tidbit about that season, Pike Central played Southwestern in a tournament at Owensboro. Tim Rice was the coach at SW at the time and Southwestern led the whole game by double figures and won by 10-15 points, don't know if this means anything but I was at that game and it just came back to me. Doubt if Pike Central could have won the 12th region that year. A lot of times, it matters which region you play in and what draw you get at state tourney. For instance, this year Anderson Co. or E-town won't make the final four because more than likely they will play in the quarter finals.
Olred Wrote:I dont have a horse in this race but didn't Butcher coach a team to the final four at state? That doesn't always mean a good Coach, but I thought I was told that.

Butcher walks into Gold Mines
Butcher cant coach. Just watch a game. I challenge any of you to get a film and watch. You will see. And you are correct he walked into good teams everywhere he as been and underachieved. That's why he has never been anywhere long. Fired. And this will be his end here.
Congrats to the Lady Warriors on a great season! I am as disappointed as everyone else that our girl's season ended in the semi-finals against Mercer. Our goal was to go to Bowling Green and we fell short. I am sure nobody is more disappointed than Coach Butcher. To slam him in his first season when he had to change a lot of stuff is crazy. He had to get players to sacrifice how they were use to playing to balance this team. He changed them from a zone to man/man team. I think sometimes we confuse confident with cocky. I know from talking with my daughter about it that he works extremely hard to install a lot of confidence in his players. He was the first one to take responsibility in the media for the loss to Mercer. I have a lot of respect for a coach that is accountable and takes responsibility for his/her team. I don't know Coach Butcher's history with his other teams but to say "this will be the end here" is hard for me to believe. This team ended the season 24-7 (statistically the best season in Lady Warrior history as Coach Rice had a 24-8 team back in 2010/11) and Coach Butcher didn't run from anyone with an easy schedule either as he added Mercy and George Rogers Clark (10 region champions) to the schedule at the end when Boyle County avoided making up a snow game with us. I can tell you he is very involved with building a program, not just a good team. I coach in our community's Pulaski girl's youth league and also in AAU and I can tell you he is very visable there at games pushing to build our younger girls and to create an ongoing program like you see at other successful schools. Its hard to say in one year he has underachieved with all the activity he has put into this already. Thanks to Coach Butcher, Waters, Gomez, and Toohill on a great season! Hope we continue to move forward and get over that regional hump next year...
People are making fun already of how the games were coached, are you defending the pressing the other teams when they have five guards and we have the players we have? The guards cannot guard and caused the other players to have to try to help and that caused foul trouble all year.......the super team has just not gelled like the great middle school state tourney coaches thought. This is a team of what could have been.......bottom line is parents took this team down a long time ago.
How many of you are coaches and how many of you are "coaches"? And little league doesn't count. In other words.....what is your point of reference?
Fromthebleachers Wrote:How many of you are coaches and how many of you are "coaches"? And little league doesn't count. In other words.....what is your point of reference?

I am certainly not a coach. I love helping with our youth programs when it is still fun and all the politics are out of it. I was just pointing out that Coach Butcher was at the youth games trying to help build a program. The first time I actually met him was at a meeting to build our Southern schools youth and AAU. He was very visible after that at games and I was just trying to point that out since he is getting all this heat after his first season at Southwestern.
Lilly Wrote:People are making fun already of how the games were coached, are you defending the pressing the other teams when they have five guards and we have the players we have? The guards cannot guard and caused the other players to have to try to help and that caused foul trouble all year.......the super team has just not gelled like the great middle school state tourney coaches thought. This is a team of what could have been.......bottom line is parents took this team down a long time ago.

I was not trying to defend pressing Mercer's five guard lineup, I just said he took responsibility for the loss and wanted to win as bad as everyone else. I simply was reminding everyone this was his first season and percentage statically (24-7) was actually the best in school history. I am disappointed as well because our goal was two more games but to say this is the end for coach Butcher is to much.
As for the rest of your comments...You're just trying to start trouble. The blame game is getting way old. I loved my time helping with the middle school because the girls just had fun without all the politics and pointing fingers. That's why they had so much success then. As for parent problems, I didn't see Coach Butcher let any of the past parent problems occur this year with the team. I didn't see or hear of one single incident. If something did happen I did not know about, and if did he done a great job taking care of it because there was no visible issues.
I don't doubt he wanted to win. As for the rest of my comments, those are not just my thoughts. Those are many more and as the season went on more and more saw this. Many are expressing this after the season is up. He will get one more year and if he continues to rub people the wrong way and coach like he did this year then he will be done. Write it down that I said that.....3/12/2014
"Many are expressing this" LOL...You really think these parents you try to fill full of your BS isn't laughing at you after you walk off telling this crap. You are the laughing stock of SW. Win or lose next year, Butcher and the whole administration will be celebrating you and your manipulation finally being gone from SW!
Again, parents and bad coaching decisions by this coach cost SW a regional championship. This was the year for them
They got beat by a better team plain and simple.
SW has a good little team and had a really nice year.
If blaming the coach helps you feel better about it
Then good for you.
Cheezy Wrote:They got beat by a better team plain and simple.
SW has a good little team and had a really nice year.
If blaming the coach helps you feel better about it
Then good for you.

Facts are facts
Why press a team with 5 guards and you play at least 2 bigs.
Especially when you can't keep up with them.
Not a smart move
fanantic Wrote:"Many are expressing this" LOL...You really think these parents you try to fill full of your BS isn't laughing at you after you walk off telling this crap. You are the laughing stock of SW. Win or lose next year, Butcher and the whole administration will be celebrating you and your manipulation finally being gone from SW!

What you don't realize you idiot is I wont be going anywhere next year, cause you have got this all wrong. I sit with you people not away from you. My kids are younger than yours. There are people in your own circle that didn't like what was done by the two witch hunters and you think only one person didn't like it? Boy what a crazy world you live in.
Lilly Wrote:What you don't realize you idiot is I wont be going anywhere next year, cause you have got this all wrong. I sit with you people not away from you. My kids are younger than yours. There are people in your own circle that didn't like what was done by the two witch hunters and you think only one person didn't like it? Boy what a crazy world you live in.

Your ignorance over runs your arrogance. Next year before you make yourself sound stupid under another name, get your lies straight on if you got kids or not, if your a man or woman, when your at a game and when your not, if the coach is going to resign or get fired, etc...BTW, there is plenty of technology out there to figure out who I am, like I easily figured out you 1000%. Why don't you use it. I think you would chill out real quick once you knew. Do everyone a favor and go away.
Warthog Wrote:Facts are facts
Why press a team with 5 guards and you play at least 2 bigs.
Especially when you can't keep up with them.
Not a smart move

I agree with you on probably not the best use
Of the girls energy to press Mercer Warthog.
SW had 20+ turnovers. That's what hurt them.
I only saw one confident ball handler wearing a
SW jersey. I'll let Lily guess who that was.
fanantic Wrote:Your ignorance over runs your arrogance. Next year before you make yourself sound stupid under another name, get your lies straight on if you got kids or not, if your a man or woman, when your at a game and when your not, if the coach is going to resign or get fired, etc...BTW, there is plenty of technology out there to figure out who I am, like I easily figured out you 1000%. Why don't you use it. I think you would chill out real quick once you knew. Do everyone a favor and go away.

You are making a fool of yourself. Your technology isn't working very well. You are the liar because you are trying to say I am someone that I am not. I would chill just like I have on here, none.

Like I said before, this group of parents are the craziest ever. And now they have a coach to go with them. Do some research on him. Ask the parents of the previous schools what they think.....you will see. Bottom line is we lost. Guards threw the ball all over the court. If SW is ever going to win with this group the coach better bet getting some guards and the AD better be getting a coach that is smart enough to not to press Mercer with 5 guards.

And in case you big boys are not reading this thread correctly there are others who think the same thing.
Funny thing is I have never said one time who you are...LOL...Even though I know, the guilt has poured from you and you only...So funny watching you keep exposing yourself even more.
You heard me. I would chill just like I am now. Not at all.
K. Now I believe you LOL...See you on here next year after our first loss Mr. Negativity