Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central Vs. Pikeville (Regional Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will pick the Lady Eagles. Just need to shut down the Potter girl.
THOMCAT Wrote:I will pick the Lady Eagles. Just need to shut down the Potter girl.
She's a scorer, yes. But if you watched against Belfry, she really got the bulk of her points in the 2nd half there. Rest of the team got Pikeville the lead in the 1st and then contributed steadily rest of the game. When Belfry played straight up, Nunemaker and Potter hit some 3's and that opened the floodgates. Can't just focus on one player, I was impressed with how they all battled and played good D, got to the free throw line, etc. I will go with Pikeville by 4. Will be a good game.
Interested to see how Pikeville matches up against the Lady Eagles and vice versa. I think the Lady Eagles can use Delong, Spurlock or Daniel on Potter. I also think Salyer can be effective off the bench. I look for Central to rotate and keep a fresh player on her all night in an attempt to wear her down. Interesting fact is that Pikeville has won 20 games which is great but of those wins, only Jenkins and two against East Ridge are against teams with a winning record. That's why they play the game.