Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd 06-07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does everbody expect the Raiders to do this year???
They'll go as far as Ethan Johnson will take them.
Moe Wrote:They'll go as far as Ethan Johnson will take them.

No, they'll go as far as the 'team' takes them and from an outside standpoint, it looks as if Coach Hall has them working very hard to prepare for the upcoming season.
Dont know if I agree on the team taking them as far as they'll go,but i wish the Raiders the best of luck.
well if the Raiders can play together they will give any team a good game.. Take it from someone who knows the Raiders are workin hard to be ready for the up comming season.
I see a losing season for the Raider Nation.
Why do you say that MRC06
South Floyd will have to overcome alot of losses due to graduation to be a decent team this year. They will have one player back that has varsity minutes and he will get alot of help defense put on him. Their other players would have to step up big time. Time will tell as to how they react.
I agree Wyatt
I agree also...Ethan is the only player that got a lot of min. last year so ppl haven't heard much about the other players...it will be a good chance for the younger boys to turn some heads while Ethan is drawing double teams.
with the 58th as weak as it is all 4 teams have a chance Coach Hall will have them playing by district time ....
south floyd has just as good of a chance of winning the 58th as any other team in the district, every team lost a bunch of seniors besides all central. but allen central also finished last in the district last season so the 58th is up for grabs, who ever shows the most hart and plays good D will come out the winner
I agree...good post
South Floyd has alot ofm players that can step up and hit alot of when Ethan is getting doubled i have played with them all so dont under estimate them, the only thing the raiders will have to do different is play D which there not used to doing.
Marlboro Man69 Wrote:South Floyd has alot ofm players that can step up and hit alot of when Ethan is getting doubled i have played with them all so dont under estimate them, the only thing the raiders will have to do different is play D which there not used to doing.

They are also going to have to learn how to pass the ball and run offense. Not just the person getting the ball at half court shooting it. If they learn defense and run good offense, they will surprise alot of people this year. They need a point guard who is more interested in passing and getting an assist instead of jacking up a three 5 foot behind the line.
wonder who your talkin about..jackin up 3's..lol
i believe he's talkin about wes akers
Nope, not talking about any player on the team. It seems they like to jack up 3's from 3 to 6 foot behind the 3 point line. That is a team in general, not just one player....
I think with some added discipline to this team they could be very dangerous. Johnson is a nice talent!!!
bevinsville_bomber Wrote:No, they'll go as far as the 'team' takes them and from an outside standpoint, it looks as if Coach Hall has them working very hard to prepare for the upcoming season.
Ethan Johnson is practically the team. They lost everything worth having that was on that "team"
The last I heard...South Floyd was written across theirs Jerseys...not Ethan Johnson.
Whats going to kill SF this year is experience, they got all the talent they need in the 2 Johnson's, Akers, and Slone. Ethan is the only player comeing back with varsity experience. I think they wont be on the top of there game at the 1st of the year, but once the younger players get some experience and get there get there butterflies out SF will make some noise. Wait and see.
I agree...it will take some time for the young players to get adjusted....didn't SF win a Middle School tournament about 2 years ago?...if so wouldn't them boys be sophomores this season...besides the Adams kid going to P-ville do they have the rest of them? That was a fun group to watch!!!