Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia Baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard they've done some recruiting. Anyone confirm?
Yes they got alot of transfers.
Do they play baseball too? Assuming the basketball players that came?
Dominicans? That is the rumor. If so, they do nothing but baseball from there.
They say Fritz Lucian is playing. Clocked in the upper 80's.
Better hope it dont come down to coaching like in basketball..Cordia dont stand a chance than even with the recruits
When will Cordia have a football team? LOL
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:They say Fritz Lucian is playing. Clocked in the upper 80's.

What number is Lucian in basketball? I don't know their names very well.
Not concerned with them on baseball. LCC will be until further noticed.
Most independent schools have the opportunity of recruitment for those schools who have a single high school in their area it makes wins against these teams even sweeter. Home grown ball players should be proud and play hard because heart and teamwork wins ballgames.:redboxer:
First of all, heart, teamwork and TALENT win ballgames. Second, Cordia High School is not an independent school. It is a public school in the Knott County School system. Yes, they have some players who are not "homegrown" as you called them. Three seniors have started since 7th grade and Austin Combs, a Freshman has started since 7th grade. Unfortunately, Cordia has about 100 high school students with less than half being boys. It's hard to field a team sometimes, let alone a winning team. By the way, even large schools have found it necessary to drop down to grade school levels for players. Baseball does not have the appeal that basketball does in eastern Kentucky. I can also assure you these boy have never played varsity sports so there will not be any uproar about the eligibility.
Forgot to mention, A.J. Tagaloa has been at Cordia two years, just hasn't played baseball.
To answer another question: No Fritz Lucien is not playing baseball. Hop that cleared thing up for you all.
But you do have OUMAR KEIIIIIIIIIIIITA!! . Hope Harold Mullins gets A chance to come to one of your games now that he has plenty time on his hands. LOL
Yeah, Oumar is just a kid who would like to play everything. I've been told he came to a few practices after basketball season, but I know for sure he hasn't been at any games. Don't think he knows one thing about baseball, but I'm pretty certain Coach Melton would let him be on the team if Oumar wanted to.
I personally know Oumar is a great kid.
As to Harold Mullins and Drum, they only came to Cordia baseball field if they were forced to by their radio employers and from the rumors I'm hearing they are no longer employed in that position. You'all do know that Marsha Thompson teaches music at Cordia; staff and kids love her. Heard some people in the Knott Co. direction gave her a hard time. Pretty stupid of them; probably had to do with politics or they wanted to give her job to someone else. Their loss is Cordia's gain.
I'm not much of a baseball fan. I will be pulling for Cordia all year except when they play Leslie county :worthy: