Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
March 5th-11th at Henry County High School

Wednesday, March 5th

6:30 PM - Grant County (15-13) vs. Collins (24-4)
8:00 PM - Owen County (18-9) vs. South Oldham (19-4)

Thursday, March 6th

6:30 PM - Shelby County (16-14) vs. Simon Kenton (13-13)
8:00 PM - Oldham County (22-6) vs. Henry County (20-10)

Monday, March 10th

6:30 PM - Grant County/Collins vs. Owen County/South Oldham
8:00 PM - Shelby County/Simon Kenton vs. Oldham County/Henry County

Tuesday, March 11th

7:00 PM - Championship
With all of the upsets in the district finals, this is the first time that I can remember that all 8 teams having a chance to win it.

I am predicting upsets with Owen vs South in the finals with South cutting the Nets and going to Rupp
I made a mistake, I guess I should not post after UK looked so bad.
I do predict the winner of South and Owen will take home the big prize. Several coaches are talking up Shelby, though
I still like Collins and Oldham County in the finals
Old Henry Man Wrote:I made a mistake, I guess I should not post after UK looked so bad.
I do predict the winner of South and Owen will take home the big prize. Several coaches are talking up Shelby, though

Shelby does have the potential to be very dangerous. They have the talent and athleticism to win some games in this tournament and they are playing with a lot of confidence.

I think almost every team has to like their chances. We are in for a great week of basketball in New Castle as always. The 8th Region is one of the best tournaments around.
Go Collins!
toussaints Wrote:I still like Collins and Oldham County in the finals

That's what I thought when I saw the bracket. I would love to see the Titans pick up their first regional championship in basketball.
South to Rupp
Collins....mark it down 64SUR...I think :popcorn:
Warthog Wrote:South to Rupp

That could very well happen if they are hitting their shots. They have the best offense in the region but tend to live and die by the 3.

64SUR Wrote:Collins....mark it down 64SUR...I think :popcorn:

That makes me feel a lot better about Collins' chances of winning the region since 64SUR says they will! :Cheerlead
blue1424 Wrote:That's what I thought when I saw the bracket. I would love to see the Titans pick up their first regional championship in basketball.

that would be huge, winning football state championship and making sweet 16 in the same year at a school that isn't even a decade old
toussaints Wrote:that would be huge, winning football state championship and making sweet 16 in the same year at a school that isn't even a decade old

Not even half a decade, this is only their 4th year. Baseball won the regional championship this past season and won a game at state as well. Collins also has a very good boys soccer program that has been consistently ranked in the top 10 in the state.
Should be a great tourney this year. Rooting for my Pioneers. Sounds like Shelby is really playing good ball.
Since the girls tournament had to be pushed back a day, all of the boys first round games will also be pushed back a day. The Wednesday games will now be played Thursday, and the Thursday games will be played on Friday. The Semifinals and Finals will still be on Monday and Tuesday.
I think this thing will come down to 4 teams...Collins, South, Shelby and Oldham...They have been the best 4 the last couple of months...Going in, my thought it was Souths to lose but now, I don't have a clue...Just depends on who is hot for which team and what player can get on a run.
Collins is my pick. Saw them play a couple times this year and the Stone kid is a stud.