Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 11th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tournament will be played at the Frankfort Convention Center. Should be an amazing tournament with a few huge first round match-ups!

Wednesday

Madison Central vs. Franklin County 6:30
Lexington Catholic vs. Scott County 8:15

Thursday

Henry Clay vs. Lafayette 6:30
Woodford County vs. Madison Southern 8:15

The two games that jump out to me are Lexington Catholic/Scott County and Henry Clay/Lafayette.
LexCath's prize for winning the district is a 1st round game with Scott County

The Henry Clay/Lafayette game should be a good one. Davis vs. Green
Tough draw far Catholic
I would expect a ton of college coaches to be in attendance for Henry Clay/Lafayette. Should be a great match-up between Green and Davis. Hopefully Jordan Green will get a few more looks than what he is currently getting. The kid can flat out play!
Lafayette has beaten Henry Clay 3 times already by 10, 20 and 15 respectively. Scott County beat Lexington Catholic by 21 in their only meeting.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Lafayette has beaten Henry Clay 3 times already by 10, 20 and 15 respectively. Scott County beat Lexington Catholic by 21 in their only meeting.

And it wasn't nearly that close. It could have easily been a 40 point spread. I don't think that is good for SC. Teenagers tend to get overconfident after beating a team really badly. Same holds true for Lafayette.
Woodford County and Madison Southern split on the season. Woodford won by 10 in the first meeting and Madison Southern won by 24 in the second.

This will be the first meeting this year between Franklin County and Madison Central.
rojas Wrote:And it wasn't nearly that close. It could have easily been a 40 point spread. I don't think that is good for SC. Teenagers tend to get overconfident after beating a team really badly. Same holds true for Lafayette.

Absolutely. I was at that game, SC had a chance to get a running clock at one point in the 3rd quarter. Rojas, am I right in thinking that was Talbot's first game back from injury? Coach Salsman will have his team ready to play as I am sure Coach Hicks will as well coming off a loss.

Lafayette needs to get some more production out of a few of their other guys. Last night, too often it seemed they waited for Jackson Davis to make a play (which he did most of the night).
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Lafayette has beaten Henry Clay 3 times already by 10, 20 and 15 respectively. Scott County beat Lexington Catholic by 21 in their only meeting.

I Believe 2 of those 3 games, Jordan Green was out with a shoulder or elbow injury. This is the 11th Region, the best region there is and dont count any sure winners.
I just received a message that the 11 region tournament will be pushed back one day due to weather.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:Woodford County and Madison Southern split on the season. Woodford won by 10 in the first meeting and Madison Southern won by 24 in the second.

This will be the first meeting this year between Franklin County and Madison Central.

Southern is looking for their first win in the 11th region in school history. Southern has had decent teams that would win other regions in the past but they get stuck in the 11th region...GOOD LUCK TONIGHT EAGLES!!!
Scott County over Lexington Catholic by 12