Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 45 - Whitley Co. 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Corbin wins the 50th.
What a game
If I had to win the way you guys did tonight....I wouldn't let anyone know I was from Corbin High School...what are you teaching these young people? It's sad...but hey you got a trophy in exchange for your integrity......that's a reason to cheer isn't it???? That's all I am going to say about this....
Well I guess the rankings were not a fluke after all.......someone call 911 Whizzard is on suicide watch.
Corbin girls will win the 13th and that's the bottom line. :blondedri
Whitley totally failed to block out on a FT attempt with 20-30 seconds left with Corbin clinging to either a 1 or 2 pt lead, Corbin got the rebound and Whitley was forced to foul. Corbin hit both FT's which ended up being the difference in the game.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:If I had to win the way you guys did tonight....I wouldn't let anyone know I was from Corbin High School...what are you teaching these young people? It's sad...but hey you got a trophy in exchange for your integrity......that's a reason to cheer isn't it???? That's all I am going to say about this....

You whine more than my 2 year old daughter. What are you teaching these young people. You win some and you lose some. Learn to do it with integrity. Sometimes a loss can be the best learning tool...
I really believe these two meet in the finals. Congrats Corbin.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:You whine more than my 2 year old daughter. What are you teaching these young people. You win some and you lose some. Learn to do it with integrity. Sometimes a loss can be the best learning tool...

Wizzard must have been absent the day they taught you to win with class, and to lose with class.

Making excuses doesn't help at all.
I have had Corbin ahead of Whitley all year in my rankings and was ridiculed by Wizzard and several more. I think its time for them to come get some crow. Here Wizzard Wizzard Wizzard......
You cant call Wizzard completely crazy on this one.

How does Corbin not get a 10 second violation in the back court when 12 seconds had run off the game clock before they got the timeout? lol. Im glad the region isn't in that gym.

With that said, had Smith hit her second FT, Whitley wouldn't have been in that situation. The reason Corbin is so good is because they don't miss free throws.
Ive said it all year that id rather have a region title than a district title and I still believe that.

This game was somewhat meaningless, its the draw that means everything. Whitley might have lost the game but if they can get in a bracket with Harlan, Clay, and Bville while Corbin gets stuck with Bell, then I consider it a blessing.

The region should be fun!
I hope you aren't teaching your kids ton trade their integrity for blaming the refs. Whitley always whines and makes excuses.:lame:
Whitley can't beat Clay.....they better pray for Bell
I seen some of the highlights of this one on sports overtime. Should make that 13th region tournament even more exciting. Where is the regional held at?
How did the ref call a deflected ball on the Estes airbal? It was clear the ball was not touched. There were calls missed both ways. We some how forget calls that go our way. This was a great game to watch. I hope to see these two teams in the regional finals. Break out the cheese to go with Wizzard's whine.
24 Warrior4life Wrote:I seen some of the highlights of this one on sports overtime. Should make that 13th region tournament even more exciting. Where is the regional held at?

The Region is held at The Arena in Corbin
cchsfan4life Wrote:Whitley can't beat Clay.....they better pray for Bell

Didn't Whitley beat them in last year's regional?
What a game! Both teams played horrible. Both missed opportunities and easy shots. The refs sucked on both sides. Whitley's coached acted like an idiot the entire game and kept their fans stirred up. It was fun to watch. I hope they meet in region finals.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant call Wizzard completely crazy on this one.

How does Corbin not get a 10 second violation in the back court when 12 seconds had run off the game clock before they got the timeout? lol. Im glad the region isn't in that gym.

With that said, had Smith hit her second FT, Whitley wouldn't have been in that situation. The reason Corbin is so good is because they don't miss free throws.
Ive said it all year that id rather have a region title than a district title and I still believe that.

This game was somewhat meaningless, its the draw that means everything. Whitley might have lost the game but if they can get in a bracket with Harlan, Clay, and Bville while Corbin gets stuck with Bell, then I consider it a blessing.

The region should be fun!

Come on Gut, you are starting to sound like the Whizzard. There was 45.3 seconds on the clock and Corbin was bringing the ball in. When Corbin called time out there was 35.0 seconds left. Factor in the ball in bounding, ref blowing his whistle, and clock stopping...how can you expect 3 tenths of a second being home cooking. That call could have gone either way just like the other five second call that went against Corbin when they were trying to inbound it. One ref gave Corbin the timeout and the other ref over road him and gave it to Whitley.

If Corbin would have hit freethrows down the stretch they would have won by six or seven. I also disagree that this game is meaningless. Tell that to the girls who played and everyone else involved.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:If I had to win the way you guys did tonight....I wouldn't let anyone know I was from Corbin High School...what are you teaching these young people? It's sad...but hey you got a trophy in exchange for your integrity......that's a reason to cheer isn't it???? That's all I am going to say about this....

You sound like a spoiled little 8 yr old girl.
Get over it Hoss. You got beat. Maybe Daddy
Will buy you a toy if your good the rest
Of the day.
When will Whitley play again? I want to come to see the last game of wizzard....
Corbin may win the region
Warthog Wrote:Corbin may win the region

I've been telling them for two weeks Corbin was the team to beat.
insideinfo Wrote:I've been telling them for two weeks Corbin was the team to beat.

Good call
SEKYFAN Wrote:Wizzard must have been absent the day they taught you to win with class, and to lose with class.

Making excuses doesn't help at all.

Whizzard is correct on this and the refs need math classes.

:lmao:
oldhound70s Wrote:Come on Gut, you are starting to sound like the Whizzard. There was 45.3 seconds on the clock and Corbin was bringing the ball in. When Corbin called time out there was 35.0 seconds left. Factor in the ball in bounding, ref blowing his whistle, and clock stopping...how can you expect 3 tenths of a second being home cooking. That call could have gone either way just like the other five second call that went against Corbin when they were trying to inbound it. One ref gave Corbin the timeout and the other ref over road him and gave it to Whitley.

If Corbin would have hit freethrows down the stretch they would have won by six or seven. I also disagree that this game is meaningless. Tell that to the girls who played and everyone else involved.

It was a joke friend. I was listening to the radio, and that's what they said, so that's all I had to go by.

Don't worry, Corbin High School is still the biggest blessing God himself ever created on this great big Earth.:worthy:

lol

You better hope Clay don't draw Whitley
I would say it should be the other way around. Clay has not been a favorite all year. Any respect they've gotten all year has been based purely on tradition. Whitley, on the other hand, has been one of the favorites all year. Absolutely no pressure on Clay, they're not expected to win this match up. All the pressure would be on Whitley. Based on years past, they've not handled it very well. This year could be different, but you got to be careful what you wish for, sometimes you get it.
You got your wish.
I called it.

Clay/Whitley in round 1.
Pages: 1 2