Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 60 Sheldon Clark 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Bit of a wild finish
Heck of a win for LC. Good luck Friday against JC!
Worst Ref's Ever bunch of idiots!!!!! Not to mention the mouthy JC fans sitting in LC section trying to tell LC fans to sit down and be quite. Which is a big NO NO they got all mouth and no A** to back it up. But worst Ref's I have ever seen they were not capable of calling a Middle School game. Where do they find Garbage such as called the game tonight????
Great team win by the Bulldogs. All that experience coaching did not pay off tonight. Great job to Coach Cook and his coaching staff.
Lawrence County
Chaffins 18
T. Dalton 14
R. Dalton 11
Richardson 10
Kiser 7

Sheldon Clark
Parsley 27
James 15
Osborne 7
Sartin 3
Blackburn 2
SC would have a better team if the rest of the team got to shoot the ball. Seemed only 2 players for SC given the green light to shoot. I can't remember if any of the other team got to shoot a shot.
This LC team could make a run at it. Congrats!
Both teams forced way too many shots but SC killed themselves all night with so many long threes. I don't think LC could have stopped James inside but they chose to live or die by the 3 and tonight they died.
The refs where just bad ,from the start to the end. Good luck Lawrence County.
The officials weren't great but I feel like it all evened out in the end. One of them didn't need to be doing that game & another one isn't quite as good as I thought he was. Thought Tyrone done pretty well, given the deck he was dealt.
Great team win LC. Now go bring home a district title.:1:
KyRock Wrote:SC would have a better team if the rest of the team got to shoot the ball. Seemed only 2 players for SC given the green light to shoot. I can't remember if any of the other team got to shoot a shot.
I will agree with you. What is the deal with that? And parsley shooting such long range 3s with a big man like Dylan on the inside also can the other players not shoot or is their jobs only to set picks and pass the ball?
I was wrong on this game.

Congrats LC on the win
THOMCAT Wrote:Lawrence County
Chaffins 18
T. Dalton 14
R. Dalton 11
Richardson 10
Kiser 7

Sheldon Clark
Parsley 27
James 15
Osborne 7
Sartin 3
Blackburn 2
Look what more evened out scoring LC has compared to Sc . Sc only has two players that can score strong where all 5 starters for LC are strong scorers. That's called team ball and helps win games.
Player can not play, refs can not ref, coaches, can not coach, fan can not fan. Just do away with it all
Guys, you don't quite understand the situation at SC. I know the way it appears to outsiders, but trust me, it is the way it is for a reason. Don't take that the wrong way and think it's because of outside factors or anything. Their offense is set up to give them the best chance to win. I'll leave it at that.
Ball Hog!!!!!!!!!!!!
D IT UP Wrote:Guys, you don't quite understand the situation at SC. I know the way it appears to outsiders, but trust me, it is the way it is for a reason. Don't take that the wrong way and think it's because of outside factors or anything. Their offense is set up to give them the best chance to win. I'll leave it at that.

Thank you for someone FINALLY seeing / writing the truth. Cannot agree with you more. I, for one, have NEVER seen any coach in this area, have to do more with less in ky high school basketball. 2 great record setting seasons back 2 back with this very young team...?!?!?!!!! Wow people just WOW. Even though they lost~~~~Way to go Coach! & Way to go Cards! If I am not mistaken, this is a school record.
Now we're gonna have to listen to the Sheldon Clark fans complain about the referee's all off-season........ great, just great.
Congrats LC! Good luck Friday against JC.
I've got to watch a couple of SC games this year. Makes me sad that they won't be in the regional tournament. Very exciting to watch and one of the top coaches in the area. I'd like to see some changes because 2 (SC and Magoffin) of the top 8 teams will be at home when they deserve to be playing in the regional tournament.
D IT UP Wrote:Guys, you don't quite understand the situation at SC. I know the way it appears to outsiders, but trust me, it is the way it is for a reason. Don't take that the wrong way and think it's because of outside factors or anything. Their offense is set up to give them the best chance to win. I'll leave it at that.

I'm not being mean when I say this but....

Outside of Parsley and James, Sheldon Clark's starters, not to mention other players, would have a hard time playing on any team outside of Phelps and Piarist in this region, and this region is bad in the grand scheme of things.

I look at coaching more than a won/loss record, unlike most people. The best coach in this region is a long, hard debate between Bill Mike Runyon and Frankie Smith Jr., end of discussion.

The next 2 or 3 in my book would shock you, but I won't post them because I would get laughed at by the lack of basketball knowledge by the majority of the 15th Region fan base because one of them has a losing record by a mile, but he plays the cards he was dealt better than anyone in this region could outside the 2 listed above.

To sum it up, I would not question the coaching at SC, because it doesn't get any better in this region.
I watched the game. It was a very hard fought game by both teams. Both teams played very hard. Both coaches coached hard. SC missed a huge layup around the 45 second mark and the score was 53-50, after missing the layup they had to foul. That is what cost that team. They had ever opportunity to win the game. You can dog the officials if you want I think it was a good called game, calls were consistent on both ends. What a wild finish though. The last 15 seconds were crazy!
Nice Win Dawgs! Looks like the coaching staff at LC had their boys ready to play.
region Wrote:I'm not being mean when I say this but....

Outside of Parsley and James, Sheldon Clark's starters, not to mention other players, would have a hard time playing on any team outside of Phelps and Piarist in this region, and this region is bad in the grand scheme of things.

I look at coaching more than a won/loss record, unlike most people. The best coach in this region is a long, hard debate between Bill Mike Runyon and Frankie Smith Jr., end of discussion.

The next 2 or 3 in my book would shock you, but I won't post them because I would get laughed at by the lack of basketball knowledge by the majority of the 15th Region fan base because one of them has a losing record by a mile, but he plays the cards he was dealt better than anyone in this region could outside the 2 listed above.

To sum it up, I would not question the coaching at SC, because it doesn't get any better in this region.

Amen! I just LOVE your comment. :-)
PHS Coach Wrote:I've got to watch a couple of SC games this year. Makes me sad that they won't be in the regional tournament. Very exciting to watch and one of the top coaches in the area. I'd like to see some changes because 2 (SC and Magoffin) of the top 8 teams will be at home when they deserve to be playing in the regional tournament.

I agree. If I am not mistaken this is The last season for Lawrence County in the district as they are moving to the 60th District next season. Congratulations to the Bulldogs on the win and for clinching a spot in the region tournament. I am happy for Coach Cook.
Warthog Wrote:I was wrong on this game.

Congrats LC on the win

I misted it by one,I'll try better next time. :Clap: SC to mutch controversy.
Getting off the topic of the game a bit, but region, you are correct with that statement. SC starts 2 kids that are exceptional scorers. They also start 2 other kids who are just good athletes and contribute in other ways. Osborne(frosh) #14 will contribute in the scoring column next year. There are two things that I can assure you of. James and Parsley combined, have to take 80-85% of their shots to beat anyone good & Frank Smith knows more basketball than everyone in this thread combined. Don't ever question a team coached by him.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Now we're gonna have to listen to the Sheldon Clark fans complain about the referee's all off-season........ great, just great.

Who from Sheldon Clark has said one negative about the refs? I stated facts earlier. In no way, shape, or form did the refs play a factor in this game.
Pages: 1 2