Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County 63 Sheldon Clark 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Magoffin County
Jazzy Howard 10 points, 11 rebounds, 11 assist & 10 steals
Jamie Castle 25 points
Leslee Howard 19 points
Madison Reed 9 points
Courtney Gullett 0 points & 8 rebounds

Sheldon Clark
Kelsey Dean 13 points
Kelsey Garcia 11 points & 10 rebounds
Emily Waller 7 points & 9 rebounds
Hope Lafferty 7 points

On a side note, Magoffin County did not sub. Played their starters 32 minutes each and pressed till the end with a 25 point lead. Nice touch of class coach.
If that is true, I bet the coach from SC was pissed and had a right to be.
Maybe could have put in a bruiser and made Macoffin sub.
I must have watched diff game but I did not think Magoffin pressed much at all. Game was never in doubt, Magoffin has not sub all year and Sc did not sub either. magoffin could have won this one by 50 if they actually did press entire game
kai Wrote:I must have watched diff game but I did not think Magoffin pressed much at all. Game was never in doubt, Magoffin has not sub all year and Sc did not sub either. magoffin could have won this one by 50 if they actually did press entire game

You probably have them Magoffin blinders on.
kai Wrote:I must have watched diff game but I did not think Magoffin pressed much at all. Game was never in doubt, Magoffin has not sub all year and Sc did not sub either. magoffin could have won this one by 50 if they actually did press entire game

Were you watching an old IHigh Game at home?

MC was pressing till the VERY end, with starters. They weren't stealing and holding the ball either. They were stealing and shooting layups and FTs in the very last seconds of the game. I was standing right next to the court. And YES....SC's Coach was PISSED and very deservingly so!

I don't care how bad your bench is. Isn't anyone in the Region coming back from 20 down with less than a minute left in the game. Good way to get one of your starters hurt with nonsense like that. And trust me. I love watching the Lady Hornets play. BUT, this should not have happened.....:igiveup:
MC didnt press a lot during the game until the last two 3 mins or so left in the fourth. Monday night they let two obvious elbows go and call a thrown elbow on a flop tonight its crazy how the refs call so much differently one game to the next.
Plain and simple this was all about Howard and Castle padding stats.Magoffin coach knew the stats late in the 4th quarter.SC coach put in some young kids.You do things like Magoffin coach did and it will eventually come back to haunt your program.It was good to see SC coach have a little fire about him and call him out on it.And no one in the gym blamed him for doing just that.

They may not have pressed the entire game, but they pressed most of it and especially at the end of the game and tried to score off every turnover.
All I can say is shame on Castle! He didn't have to keep his starters in and press. This showed very little class! Rice was only taking up for his girls and I don't blame him. Good job Coach Rice!!