Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee County 52 Owsley County 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Not the best officiating game for this one...
You got that right. The no call on Handshoe which led to the technical on Davidson was the turning point of the game. If they had made the call Handshoe shoots 2, which she would probably make and game is tied. But it is what it is.
You guys are right. Refs went haywire near end of game . The call that lead to technical plus technical was turning point of game. Refs missed a couple obvious calls right in front of them on both teams. I don't feel like refs were calling for Lee but hurt Owsley more than Lee near end. What can you do ?
Congrats
Congratulations to Chelsi Handshoe scoring her 1000th point in this game. Would have had it sooner if so many games had not been cancelled due to weather. It has been a pleasure watching her play for Owsley the last three years.
Can someone post some stats? How many fouls were called for each team? How many free throws were shot? I hear when the T was called Lee only made one of the Free throws and then turned it over on the in bounds play? So was it really a turning pt? Or is this just another case of.BLAME THE REFS?
Possibly the weakest district in the state, can you expect to have the best officials Put on a game like this? I mean wasn't mark white reffing this game? What do you expect, he can barely get up and down the floor in a grade school game.
Oh because they are not a top district in the state, they don't deserve good refs. Game was called bad both ways. Last time I checked Powell County (in 56th district) was a contender for girls 14th region.
PapaPoof Wrote:Oh because they are not a top district in the state, they don't deserve good refs. Game was called bad both ways. Last time I checked Powell County (in 56th district) was a contender for girls 14th region.
Powell was not playing and you couldn't make a team from the other 3 teams to even compete with Powell.
And attitudes like yours are the reason I am glad my kids no longer compete in high school sports. I guess I live in a dream world but I think every student who puts on a uniform to compete for their school deserves to be treated the same. I respectfully disagree with your statement. No actually I disagree with your statement and there is no respect.
Yes! I think it was a turning point . Lee had the big lead late and then Owsley made runs and whiddled away lead. Without "The Call" and T Owsley probably would have scored. It was a momentum killer. Lee couldn't capitalize on FFs and ball. Owsley couldn't regroup and capitalize on Lees lack of aggression and insecurity at the end.
Any stats in this one? Just wondering how many missed free throws by both teams? Love hearing complaining about refs and then they missed double digit shots at the free throw line, or had 25+ turnovers, cracks me up.
Neither the T by Owsley's coach nor the missed call by the officals way any sort of turning point for this game. Lee was great from the free throw line. I believe they were 20 of 25. The refs did miss calls, but it was like that for the Lady Cats as well. To be honest, if they would have called more of the obvious fouls, Lee probably would have won by more than they did.
Also, Lee did not have a big lead late. Owsley cut the score to 6 directly following half time and it stayed close to that, if not closer, for the rest of the game. And they hit both free throws from the technical. You obviously did not watch the game from both sides...
Lee was up by 12 at half time. Owsley cut into the lead in the second half. By the time the technical came lee was up by one. (Maybe two). Owsley did have a chance but the call changed the momentum of the game. Lee shot 25 free throws. Owsley only shot 12. Calls were missed both ways no doubt but I still stand by the technical was the turning point. Watched the replay of the "no call". Actually could have been an intentional on Lee. But it is a mute point. Season over for Owsley and Estill. Lee and Powell moves on.