Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 67 East Ridge 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice win Panthers....Good luck
Is it true that Pikeville had a player shoot over 30 free throws in this game? Yes I said one player.
Is this true one girl shoot 30 free throws.
I don't know if that is true or not. I DO know that Pikeville (going into this game, not including this) was averaging going to the line 21 times a game. Seems like they do a pretty good job of getting to the line every game. They had 513 free throw attempts as a team in 25 games. So it MIGHT have just been the pressure of the game. I wasn't there, so don't start going off on me, ok?
Must not have got to shoot all those free throws (like at home games). That's what East ridge said when Johnson Central lost to them.
potter from pikeville shot 32 free throws
ibldblue Wrote:potter from pikeville shot 32 free throws
Did she attack the paint all night? If so, I can see a lot of fouls being called. How many were shot by other players for Pikeville? She usually handles the ball most of the time, so if she was the primary ball handler and attacked a lot, I'd say she would get a lot of calls. Not excusing it, not defending anyone, trying to figure it out because I was not there.
19 of potters free throws where shot in fourth quarter, with 13 of those being shot with under two minutes to go when ER was fouling trying to keep it close. ER went man in the second half and could not keep potter from attacking the basket. She's a 5'11 point guard that most teams have a difficult time matching up with. Pikeville according to the official home book had 7 fouls in the first half and ER had 8. In the second half Pikeville had 9 fouls and ER had 14, with once again the bulk of those fouls came under the two minute mark, when ER was fouling and sending her to the free throw line on purpose.
And she shot 30+ free throws because we kept fouling her.
An Observer Wrote:19 of potters free throws where shot in fourth quarter, with 13 of those being shot with under two minutes to go when ER was fouling trying to keep it close. ER went man in the second half and could not keep potter from attacking the basket. She's a 5'11 point guard that most teams have a difficult time matching up with. Pikeville according to the official home book had 7 fouls in the first half and ER had 8. In the second half Pikeville had 9 fouls and ER had 14, with once again the bulk of those fouls came under the two minute mark, when ER was fouling and sending her to the free throw line on purpose.
Thank you for a clear explanation. Hopefully that will satisfy some posters!
Congrats ER on a good season
Is the game over thought Panthers were still at the foul line?????
pugsley79 Wrote:Is the game over thought Panthers were still at the foul line?????
Would still be if ER was still fouling, apparently. Potter shot 13 FT's in last 2 minutes, so that's a foul every 10 seconds. If ER stepped up their game and fouled quicker, it would still be going on. :-)