Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 69 South Laurel 40
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Could have been worse.

Whitley will face the Corbin/Wburg winner for the district title.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.
Could have been worse.

Whitley will face the Corbin/Wburg winner for the district title.
Congrats to Whitley, great team and awesome effort and hope they roll in region. However, your comment of "could have been worse" is inaccurate and misleading to those who didn't watch the game. Not sure how it could have been any worse. First off, South was without two staters with injuries (Davis and leading scorer on the year, Vandeventer). They played nearly 50% of the night with 2 or 3 middle schoolers on the court and also played 3 freshman. Upper classmen were pulled with about 7 min left in the game and they played 1 or 2 freshman with middle schoolers the rest of the way. Whitley left their 4 senior starters in until about min 4.5 left pulling Smith and Johnson with a deserved standing ovation from the crowd, but left Craig in a few more minutes. Whitley also ran full court press up until early 4th quarter when Snyder pulled her senior and junior. Sooooooo, not sure how it could have gotten any worse...
^
The fact that Whitley was up about 20 in the first qtr means it could have been had they not applied the breaks. They let South get a few shots in.
Whitley could have pressed the whole game and laid 80 on South if they wanted to. It doesn't matter now of course. Just saying.

See you next year :biggrin:
skyhawk14 Wrote:Congrats to Whitley, great team and awesome effort and hope they roll in region. However, your comment of "could have been worse" is inaccurate and misleading to those who didn't watch the game. Not sure how it could have been any worse..

You see that a lot from fans of pretty good teams that get a little arrogant. They want to make sure everyone knows they took out their starters at some point.
HDE Wrote:You see that a lot from fans of pretty good teams that get a little arrogant. They want to make sure everyone knows they took out their starters at some point.
I didn't see any arrogance by anyone, I saw a team of high school girls playing their butts off! This is one and done time and when you get the other team down, you don't let up.....Good Win for the Lady Colonels!!!:popcorn::Cheerlead:Clap:
Congrats Lady Colonels
Congrats to Whitley.
gut it was 16-7 at end of first quarter and it wasnt anything dominate that whitley did. whitley didnt keep south from getting good shots. south just missed
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I didn't see any arrogance by anyone, I saw a team of high school girls playing their butts off! This is one and done time and when you get the other team down, you don't let up.....Good Win for the Lady Colonels!!!:popcorn::Cheerlead:Clap:

I said fans.
HDE Wrote:I said fans.

Sorry.....I missed the "fan" part the first time. I will say this, South is going to be tough the next few years. They are getting tougher and improving. I wish them luck in the future.
WOW this was a awesome game can't wait till girls sweet 16.
HDE Wrote:You see that a lot from fans of pretty good teams that get a little arrogant. They want to make sure everyone knows they took out their starters at some point.

I just wanted to see you come out of hiding since the lady bears are no longer playing.
Probably be Bell or Whitley
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I just wanted to see you come out of hiding since the lady bears are no longer playing.

You know better.
I was in Hawaii last summer and didn't even hide then.