Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: comeback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone heard anything about chuke williams making a coaching comeback?
I am hearing those rumbles from the northern edges of the mountains
Where does the rumor say he is going ????????????????
Flip Flop High. lol

I don't know, but he used to wear flip flops and shorts to the games no matter what the weather was.
Devilologist Wrote:Where does the rumor say he is going ????????????????

I heard he was going back to Lawerence County.
There has been plenty of talk about him coming back to Lawerence Co...maybe he could bring them back to the glory days in the late 90s
he was spotted at the law. co. breathitt game in his flops and law.co. sweat sirt
He may do it. Lawrence Co. is very young from what I've heard. It'll be a while before they can be as good as the teams from the late 90's. I will say that if Chuke was at Lawrence in the 2001 season (Michael West and Dontae Wright's senior season) that they would've had a good chance of winning the region and possibly making a state finals appearance.
was he the coach at prestonsburg after phillip haywood and before bill letton?
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Flip Flop High. lol

I don't know, but he used to wear flip flops and shorts to the games no matter what the weather was.

Haha, thats what I've always heard!:thatsfunn
Chuke has been reported to been seen at almost all of Lawrence's games this year. And yes he was wearing shorts, flips flops, and a Lawrence county sweat shirt.
Don't be surprised if Lawrence Co. hires Chuke. They might not want to, but i belive if he hangs around their games enough that he can drop a hint that he wants a job.
Who knows like I've always said I don't think he's a great head coach but I would love for him to be back calling the offense. Some of the best years for LC had both him and Goldsmith on the sidelines.
law co would be smart to hire back the coach that led them to prominence when he was there before
Just as long as they leave Billy as the head coach.
I have heard from people close to him that he wants to be coaching somewhere next year I think that LC would be a good fit for him
Goldsmith is fine just where he is/there is no reason to even play with the notion of him leaving just yet. People need to stop rehashing the "glory days" of the 90's and support the program we have now. We all wish we were younger and that things were like they used to be but face it, they are not and its time to move on to the present and stop living in the past. These guys playing and coaching now are not the team from the 90's but they deserve our respect and support as much as those guys did.

Anyone agree??
I don't think anyone is saying Goldsmith is or should leave only that Chuke is wanting to come return. I wouldn't have a problem with that happening.
i have not heard where he might return just that he would like to get back into coaching somewhere.
SunDoctor Wrote:Don't be surprised if Lawrence Co. hires Chuke. They might not want to, but i belive if he hangs around their games enough that he can drop a hint that he wants a job.

LOL so you are saying that if he comes to enough games that regardless if the Lawrence Co. administration want to, that he will get the job? haha okk...