Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since 1967 the Jackson County Generals have been searching for a boys 13th regional title, is this the year they get the monkey off their back?
I would love to say yes because I really like the Fox kid but I don't think it's gonna happen! I think they have the best offensive team but defensively they struggle. Lets hope they shoot it very well doing the tourney and they will have a shot at it!
They are still my pick to win the 13th even after the Perry beat down.
I hope your right MidnightRider! It would be nice to see them get the monkey off their back!
A lot of people can win when there are no chips on the table. But when there all on the table a lot will fold under the pressure. Until they prove they can do it there will always be doubt in their own minds. So until they beat Knox or clay when it counts they will always be that doubt. To be the man you gotta beat the man!
BrokenArrow Wrote:A lot of people can win when there are no chips on the table. But when there all on the table a lot will fold under the pressure. Until they prove they can do it there will always be doubt in their own minds. So until they beat Knox or clay when it counts they will always be that doubt. To be the man you gotta beat the man!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:redboxer:
BrokenArrow Wrote:A lot of people can win when there are no chips on the table. But when there all on the table a lot will fold under the pressure. Until they prove they can do it there will always be doubt in their own minds. So until they beat Knox or clay when it counts they will always be that doubt. To be the man you gotta beat the man!
So, the game for number one seat was meaningless? I got to hand it to the Clay faithfull. You guys could get beat by every team in the region and someone would still get on here and talk about being 20 points better than everybody else. You got to love that kind of optimism.
General Jackson Wrote:So, the game for number one seat was meaningless? I got to hand it to the Clay faithfull. You guys could get beat by every team in the region and someone would still get on here and talk about being 20 points better than everybody else. You got to love that kind of optimism.

This is what BA is getting at, I think, CC has confidence because its no big thing to be in the big moments. To this point JC doesn't even know what is or is not a big moment. With that being said JC will still be a tuff out.
:yikes: I just like this little blue guy
Clay County.
General Jackson Wrote:So, the game for number one seat was meaningless? I got to hand it to the Clay faithfull. You guys could get beat by every team in the region and someone would still get on here and talk about being 20 points better than everybody else. You got to love that kind of optimism.

Absolutely it was meaningless. in case u didn't notice smith didn't guard fox the whole game, we played defenses we hadn't played all year. Oh yeah we also have a bigger margin of victory over North than OBI. So it means nothing. I'm not saying we can beat Jackson anytime we want. But until Jackson can win in the post season(region) they will always be little brother.:rockon:
Marcum didn't want to show all his cards. He knows he might have to beat Jackson two more times. That was JC Super Bowl. Clay is better than Jackson. If they played 100 times on a neutral floor I'd say Clay 85 wins. But only one that matters is if these two meet in Region. I heard General threw a party at Subway after the game.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Marcum didn't want to show all his cards. He knows he might have to beat Jackson two more times. That was JC Super Bowl. Clay is better than Jackson. If they played 100 times on a neutral floor I'd say Clay 85 wins. But only one that matters is if these two meet in Region. I heard General threw a party at Subway after the game.
I really find it hard to believe that losing the number one seat was meaningless to Clay. I GIVE UP. You boys are right and have been since summer time. If Clay and Jackson played 1000 times, Clay would win 999 of em. Chip would average 50 a game and Allen would average 30 boards and 10 dunks a game. Knox would get the same treatment and anybody else in the state...high school or college. No way the Harrison twins could stop Chip and Smith. By the way BUBBA, the party was so big we had to move it to that spectacular wal-mart that you're so proud of in Clay Co.
First off, Jake Allen hasn't had 10 dunks in his life during warmups. He isn't a high flyer. McDaniel and Smith could not compete with Harrisons, nor could any other backcourt in the state. Our Wal Mart is nothing special but at least we have one. I said 85 out of 100 not 999 out of 1000. McDaniel hasn't scored 50 since his days at Hacker Elementary, but he doesn't need to. Clay will be just fine. I hope to see him and Fox lead there team to the Region finals. It would be fitting.
Only reason Clay won at Clay was cause Jackson slowed the ball down instead of stepping on the gas. Way I look at it is Jackson has beat Clay in 7 out of 8 quarters this year. I'm also going to say the saying that seems popular with everybody except I'm gonna flip it.
Sorry hit the send key but I can say Parrett didn't wanna show all his cards in the 4th quarter at Clay or JC woulda won hahaha.... Don't throw that crap around both teams showed up to play both times Clay was better at Clay JC was better at JC. And also Marcum changed defenses so much at JC cuz the generals was setting the net on fire and he was trying to find something to stop the bleeding. I hope these two get to meet 2 more times this year it would be some great basketball!
I'm going to say if anybody other than Knox, Clay, or Jackson is playing for the finals it will be a disappointment. Of course I want Clay there. That being said, I'd much rather play JC than Knox. The difference in a guarded JC player vs. one unguarded is light years. I wasn't in McKee but was there for the Manchester meeting and the last 10-11 minutes was telling. The Generals will eat you alive if you won't defend (looking at 1-2 CC players), the Arena isn't so kind to those teams that live and die by the 3 either. That's why I predict a CC/KC final.
Kayne-W Wrote:Since 1967 the Jackson County Generals have been searching for a boys 13th regional title, is this the year they get the monkey off their back?

How many teams have won region since 1967? My guess would be 6! I guess 47 have but how many different teams?
footballfever Wrote:How many teams have won region since 1967? My guess would be 6! I guess 47 have but how many different teams?

Honestly not that many but probably more like 8. Clay obviously with the majority. Maybe Corbin with second most? Bell, North, South Laurel in recent years. Rockcastle about a decade ago. Harlan once upon a time.
Here is the list of 13th Region winners since 1967 (11 teams, I think) -

67 - Harlan
68 - Clay
69 - Harlan
70 - Knox
71 - Middlesboro
72 - Brodhead
73 - Clay
74 - Clay
75 - Clay
76 - Clay
77 - Bell
78 - Clay
79 - Clay
80 - Bell
81 - Clay
82 - Mboro
83 - Mboro
84 - Clay
85 - Clay
86 - Clay
87 - Clay
88 - Clay
89 - Clay
90 - Clay
91 - Corbin
92 - Clay
93 - Harlan
94 - Clay
95 - Harlan
96 - Harlan
97 - Corbin
98 - Clay
99 - Clay
00 - Corbin
01 - Clay
02 - Rockastle
03 - Cumberland
04 - Rockcastle
05 - Corbin
06 - South Laurel
07 - South Laurel
08 - South Laurel
09 - Corbin
10 - Corbin
11 - Bell
12 - North Laurel
13 - Clay
Cumberland in 2003, forgot about that. Looks like 6 different champions until 1973.
Look at that dominance by Clay!
I don't understand the title of the thread.
Jackson County has never won a region title.

Annville won one in 1935.

But JC has never...

Unless you mean that was the year JC opened and are still looking...

And in that case, add Whitley since 63.
I started a new thread with every single former region champ on it. Check it out.
I agree with this. The generals coach has been around too long and from everything i can gather about him he is a class act not to mention he knows his x's and o's
Yea I was referring to the year they opened. What are you talking about starting a thread with every team that has won it?
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:First off, Jake Allen hasn't had 10 dunks in his life during warmups. He isn't a high flyer. McDaniel and Smith could not compete with Harrisons, nor could any other backcourt in the state. Our Wal Mart is nothing special but at least we have one. I said 85 out of 100 not 999 out of 1000. McDaniel hasn't scored 50 since his days at Hacker Elementary, but he doesn't need to. Clay will be just fine. I hope to see him and Fox lead there team to the Region finals. It would be fitting.

Disagree, I think McDaniel and Smith handle the Harrisons fairly easy.
Neither could score on Smith and neither could stop McDaniel or Smith!!!:rockon:
Count, you have a point there! Haha. McDaniel can score on anyone, and Smith is the among best defender in the state when he really wants to lock someone down.
Kayne-W Wrote:Yea I was referring to the year they opened. What are you talking about starting a thread with every team that has won it?

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=172030
I'll take Knox Central over JC and CC.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Count, you have a point there! Haha. McDaniel can score on anyone, and Smith is the among best defender in the state when he really wants to lock someone down.
Sorry to burst your bubble BUBBA but Chip CANNOT score on anybody in the state! I've told you time and time again that he is a very nice player but you make him out to be some kind of second coming of Michael Jordan. You have to get a grip. Smith is a good defensive player too but I don't know about one of the best in the state. There is a lot of good players outside of Clay Co believe it or not BUBBA. They say love is blind. BUBBA must really love this team!
That game was pretty much meaningless for everyone but Jackson.....I mean Jackson has only played for 1 district title since 2002.....So in 12 years they have only been to the region 1 time. So for Clay their season starts tonight vs North Laurel and for Jackson their season pretty much was the win vs Clay
Pages: 1 2