Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mercer County 57 Southwestern 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
southwestern led the entire game by
A few points. Mercer takes lead with
Under 2min to play. Holds on to win.
Good matchup.
Is it true that SW had 30t turnovers? Did Fitzgerald get hurt and if she did was it a serious injury? SW cannot win region without her, imo she is their best player.
31 turnovers and Fitzgearld is by far the best player.
Fitzgerald looked like she sprained her
Ankle. She left the game mid to late 3rd
Qtr. I dont believe she came back in.
I wouldn't say she is by far the best. If I'm
Picking one they can't do without it would
Be Corder. But that's just me. SW is a very balanced
Team in my opinion. That's a good thing.
I've seen them Play few times this year and I'm a Fitzgerald fan, but there team is really balanced so if anyone is not having a great night someone else seems to pick up the slack.
Congrats Mercer
Yes...Congrats to Mercer, they deserve the credit. Yes...Fitzgerald had a ankle injury and had to sit out the victory over George Rogers Clark tonight. I am close to her dad and he thinks and hopes she will be back next week for the district championship. We all sure hope so because she is a big part of this great season these girls have had thus far. Yes...There is way too many turnovers against Mercer and my daughter (#24 point guard, Molden) will take the responsibility for that. Being the point guard of a well-coached team like we have, she knows she is expected to get her team in the right spots and take care of the ball a lot better than she did in the second half. Unfortunately she relaxed in the second half when we got up 9 and got a good learning lesson for it. That being said, we did not play well and still led the whole game (half of it without Fitzgerald) on the road in a hostile environment until 1:47 to go in the game against a top regional contender. Our coach has some great film to use from this week and I have no doubt this one will make our Lady Warriors better down the road. Last but not least...I love the comments I hear and then see on here about our balanced team. It is hard to scout balance. I say this because some on here get caught up in who the best player is? Who gets the most awards? Who gets the most points? So on and so forth? You get caught up in having a best player and then you run every single thing for her/him and then you quit using the other players for sets and then you wonder why you're so easily scouted and put out 1st round of the region. I hope my daughter is apart of the award we always talked about when she moved up to play varsity ball and be the first Southwestern girl's "12th Region Champions". All the other awards will come if your truly trying to achieve that team award. With that being said, there is 4 or 5 teams that could win the 12th region this year and I think Mercer and Southwestern is 2 of them. It should be a great tournament in a couple of weeks.
Can't win if you can't handle the pressure of a good team
I think any one of 5 teams could win the
12th. Boyle. Danville. Lincoln. Southwestern.
Mercer. Maybe even Casey. First time in
In a while that there isn't a clear cut favorite.
Should make for an exciting tournament.
24 Warrior4life Wrote:Yes...Congrats to Mercer, they deserve the credit. Yes...Fitzgerald had a ankle injury and had to sit out the victory over George Rogers Clark tonight. I am close to her dad and he thinks and hopes she will be back next week for the district championship. We all sure hope so because she is a big part of this great season these girls have had thus far. Yes...There is way too many turnovers against Mercer and my daughter (#24 point guard, Molden) will take the responsibility for that. Being the point guard of a well-coached team like we have, she knows she is expected to get her team in the right spots and take care of the ball a lot better than she did in the second half. Unfortunately she relaxed in the second half when we got up 9 and got a good learning lesson for it. That being said, we did not play well and still led the whole game (half of it without Fitzgerald) on the road in a hostile environment until 1:47 to go in the game against a top regional contender. Our coach has some great film to use from this week and I have no doubt this one will make our Lady Warriors better down the road. Last but not least...I love the comments I hear and then see on here about our balanced team. It is hard to scout balance. I say this because some on here get caught up in who the best player is? Who gets the most awards? Who gets the most points? So on and so forth? You get caught up in having a best player and then you run every single thing for her/him and then you quit using the other players for sets and then you wonder why you're so easily scouted and put out 1st round of the region. I hope my daughter is apart of the award we always talked about when she moved up to play varsity ball and be the first Southwestern girl's "12th Region Champions". All the other awards will come if your truly trying to achieve that team award. With that being said, there is 4 or 5 teams that could win the 12th region this year and I think Mercer and Southwestern is 2 of them. It should be a great tournament in a couple of weeks.

You wont beat a good team with weak guards......
IMO, Fitzgerald is the most talented player in the 12 region to, but I to love the balance of this team. Pressure came hard on the second half of that game and when Fitzgerald went down with injury, SW didn't have flashing guard/forward to cut the middle for relieve. I heard SW coach begging his players to flash and help when the double and triple teams came but the team didn't listen and drifted down the court leaving the guards out to dry. The Reed kid came in and gave a great effort and good minutes. IMO, if there wasn't a injury, and you could have played Fitzgerald, Corder, Molden, Reed, and Latham the majority of the second half and won by double digits. This lineup would prevent all the defensive lapses that occurred every time against Mercer's all guard line up. I thought that was what got Mercer back into the game when SW's bigger players tried to guard out on the perimeter and Mercer broke it down easily. I seen on here where Molden took the responsibility for the loss but her an Corder were left out to dry against the press late. I am sure coach will adjust to that easily. SW wouldn't have won 10 games in any of the last 3 seasons if them two wasn't in the back court, so to say that SW has weak guard play is the dumbest statement I have ever seen on here. If SW gets healthy and Reed and Latham continue their stellar improv on play, I expect them to be right there in the hunt for a 12 region title.
fanantic Wrote:IMO, Fitzgerald is the most talented player in the 12 region to, but I to love the balance of this team. Pressure came hard on the second half of that game and when Fitzgerald went down with injury, SW didn't have flashing guard/forward to cut the middle for relieve. I heard SW coach begging his players to flash and help when the double and triple teams came but the team didn't listen and drifted down the court leaving the guards out to dry. The Reed kid came in and gave a great effort and good minutes. IMO, if there wasn't a injury, and you could have played Fitzgerald, Corder, Molden, Reed, and Latham the majority of the second half and won by double digits. This lineup would prevent all the defensive lapses that occurred every time against Mercer's all guard line up. I thought that was what got Mercer back into the game when SW's bigger players tried to guard out on the perimeter and Mercer broke it down easily. I seen on here where Molden took the responsibility for the loss but her an Corder were left out to dry against the press late. I am sure coach will adjust to that easily. SW wouldn't have won 10 games in any of the last 3 seasons if them two wasn't in the back court, so to say that SW has weak guard play is the dumbest statement I have ever seen on here. If SW gets healthy and Reed and Latham continue their stellar improv on play, I expect them to be right there in the hunt for a 12 region title.

That was a general statement only was in agreement with the poster who said the guard play was weak. He took responsibility for what he says is his daughter making alot of turnovers. I just said that if you have weak guards its hard to win. I would love to have seen the box score of who committed what......or the game film.
fanantic Wrote:IMO, Fitzgerald is the most talented player in the 12 region to, but I to love the balance of this team. Pressure came hard on the second half of that game and when Fitzgerald went down with injury, SW didn't have flashing guard/forward to cut the middle for relieve. I heard SW coach begging his players to flash and help when the double and triple teams came but the team didn't listen and drifted down the court leaving the guards out to dry. The Reed kid came in and gave a great effort and good minutes. IMO, if there wasn't a injury, and you could have played Fitzgerald, Corder, Molden, Reed, and Latham the majority of the second half and won by double digits. This lineup would prevent all the defensive lapses that occurred every time against Mercer's all guard line up. I thought that was what got Mercer back into the game when SW's bigger players tried to guard out on the perimeter and Mercer broke it down easily. I seen on here where Molden took the responsibility for the loss but her an Corder were left out to dry against the press late. I am sure coach will adjust to that easily. SW wouldn't have won 10 games in any of the last 3 seasons if them two wasn't in the back court, so to say that SW has weak guard play is the dumbest statement I have ever seen on here. If SW gets healthy and Reed and Latham continue their stellar improv on play, I expect them to be right there in the hunt for a 12 region title.
That's a lot of if this could have happened in one post.

31 turnovers.....Mercer is salivating......unless something changes we wont get to the final. Call it what you want, the guards cant guard a post and make bad decisions. That combo alone makes it a long shot for a regional championship. I hope I am wrong.......
Lilly Wrote:31 turnovers.....Mercer is salivating......unless something changes we wont get to the final. Call it what you want, the guards cant guard a post and make bad decisions. That combo alone makes it a long shot for a regional championship. I hope I am wrong.......

We all know your jealousy reason for NOT wanting Southwestern to win and constant negative comments when there is a setback but it is hilarious when you of all people are the talking about defense and guarding someone:biglmao: I know I'm wasting my time because if you haven't got on board by now, you're not going to. Tell Guru good luck in the 15th when you talk to him again...
You had better get your wires straight......or you are gonna be very unhappy.
1000% sure on my wires...It was actually predicted if there was a Mercer setback that you two would come with the negativity. No surprise. Just ashame..
Believe what you want. I dont care. Just look at the posts on here and everyone can see what a mess this is. Parents on message boards running their mouth( last time, I dont have a kid on the team). Just think about what all has been said here in public?? Anyone in their right mind would not be on here as a parent. I mean this is what I am talking about how upside down this place is, and the bottom line is the both the guards you all keep taking up for will be lucky to play NAIA. Good kids, just idiots for parents. Thats why the last coach left.
IMO Fitzgerald
Is a nice player and arguablythe best
On her team. (my pick would be Corder)
But c'mon man. Best player
In the region?
I think hands down Fitzgearld has the most potential of all them. Corder is a good high school player. Not hardly strong enough or quick enough for the next level, which Fitzgearld is. Moulden is the Athlete of the Year in Pulaski for her softball play, not basketball.
Lilly Wrote:Believe what you want. I dont care. Just look at the posts on here and everyone can see what a mess this is. Parents on message boards running their mouth( last time, I dont have a kid on the team). Just think about what all has been said here in public?? Anyone in their right mind would not be on here as a parent. I mean this is what I am talking about how upside down this place is, and the bottom line is the both the guards you all keep taking up for will be lucky to play NAIA. Good kids, just idiots for parents. Thats why the last coach left.

Laughable...I would be retracting to if I made a fool out of myself like you have. So your the casual fan now that drove over an hour to Mercer and knew exactly how many turnovers SW had? :please: You lie so much I think you even believe it! You buried yourself on the girls b-ball thread when you were so embarrassed to be down at the end of the first quarter to McCreary; when we were actually up and drilled them the whole way! You really shouldn't take a night off if you want to lie all over these threads. Anybody that wants to read through Guru's past post can see the last coach was wanting to be gone way before there was a blowup last year. Your problem is it took you out to. Get over it and move on. The current coaching staff is great and the team is better.
Southwestern will be lucky to win region and they should be hands down favorite.
fanantic Wrote:Laughable...I would be retracting to if I made a fool out of myself like you have. So your the casual fan now that drove over an hour to Mercer and knew exactly how many turnovers SW had? :please: You lie so much I think you even believe it! You buried yourself on the girls b-ball thread when you were so embarrassed to be down at the end of the first quarter to McCreary; when we were actually up and drilled them the whole way! You really shouldn't take a night off if you want to lie all over these threads. Anybody that wants to read through Guru's past post can see the last coach was wanting to be gone way before there was a blowup last year. Your problem is it took you out to. Get over it and move on. The current coaching staff is great and the team is better.

You are making a fool of yourself with your accusations. You are blaming a good person for my posts. You see you and your friend started all this and what you little minions dont realize is I am a little closer than that. There are alot of people who dont like you two, that know what you have done, and will really hurt your feelings if given the chance. Even the admins make fun of you all. You think that you know it all, boy the joke is on you two. :biglmao:
Lilly Wrote:You are making a fool of yourself with your accusations. You are blaming a good person for my posts. You see you and your friend started all this and what you little minions dont realize is I am a little closer than that. There are alot of people who dont like you two, that know what you have done, and will really hurt your feelings if given the chance. Even the admins make fun of you all. You think that you know it all, boy the joke is on you two. :biglmao:

:lame:I'm a little bit bigger minion than you are giving me credit for! LOL If your so worried about getting a good person blamed for your posts, then why would you still be posting? I think we all know why. You really don't know who you have convinced of your BS anymore do you? Wow, you are all over the place; One day your sueing, one day your threatening, one day you know exact team turnovers, one day you don't know the score of the game, maybe one day your going to realize how big of a idiot you are. You had one sentence in your last post here about the admins that 1000% again assures me how far you will go to lie and dumb you can be.Confusednicker: Think about it
Just let it go fanatic. It doesn't bother me if someone is trying to win a popularity contest over me. The only thing that is disturbing and concerning at the same time would be putting negative comments about any student-athlete on here. I can take the heat over one person disliking me and slandering me but my daughter or any other player shouldn't have stuff negatively said about them. All these girls play hard and do their best. That's all anyone can ask, so if there is nothing good to say about a player, then nothing at all should be said. There is other threads on here where the moderator just says ignore the lily comments because this person is just trying to start trouble. We all need to do the same and just pull for the Lady Warriors to have a great and enjoyable postseason. Good luck Lady Warriors!!