Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Was The Best Player Around From Now To 5 Years Ago?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just curious i had this on my mind and would like to hear what u all think :Thumbs:
Are you talking about the best player in the mountains or just your area.
in the mountains
Too many great players in the past 5 years to pick just one IMO.
then give me top ten
Gilbert-Wolfe Co.
Jeremy Jones-Powell
Dwayne Hatton-Powell
Senior when PCC won the region in 04 forgot his name, also the senior who played for Beathitt in 03.

They were very good players
Good4Three Wrote:Gilbert-Wolfe Co.
Jeremy Jones-Powell
Dwayne Hatton-Powell
Senior when PCC won the region in 04 forgot his name, also the senior who played for Beathitt in 03.

They were very good players

Al Holland Jr from PCC is who you are talking about I assume.
IDk, I'm gonna have to do some hardcore thinking on this one. I'll go ahead and give a couple in my tops in my area then some I know from other areas, I don't know all the greats in the entire mountains

Chas Harmon - Paintsville
Steven Driver - Lawrence County
Rusty Tackett - South Floyd
Barry Sanders - Pike Central
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:IDk, I'm gonna have to do some hardcore thinking on this one. I'll go ahead and give a couple in my tops in my area then some I know from other areas, I don't know all the greats in the entire mountains

Chas Harmon - Paintsville
Steven Driver - Lawrence County
Rusty Tackett - South Floyd
Barry Sanders - Pike Central
Not to be offensive there PC , but I dont think that there has been a great player in these parts for quite a few years, let alone the last five. Those you have mentioned were pretty decent high school players as far as what we have around here, but they were no where close to being great. I would say probably the most talented player to come out of this area in a while was Ben Bowling from Perry Central a few years ago. I would say then you would have to go all the way back to Todd Tackett or JR VanHoose .
rooster Wrote:Not to be offensive there PC , but I dont think that there has been a great player in these parts for quite a few years, let alone the last five. Those you have mentioned were pretty decent high school players as far as what we have around here, but they were no where close to being great. I would say probably the most talented player to come out of this area in a while was Ben Bowling from Perry Central a few years ago. I would say then you would have to go all the way back to Todd Tackett or JR VanHoose .

I agree with you on that. Ben Bowling though was a head case, never reached his full potential in my opinion. He did sign with Tulane, but I haven't heard anything about him since.
The 15th region hasn't had a real good ball player in about 10 years!!!!
Seth Kiser, Kelsey Friend, Patrick Tackett-Shelby Valley
don't know if if goes back this far but what about-
Terry Wright and the Akers boys.
He's not from the mountains, but still in Eastern Kentucky, Mason County's Chris Lofton
Tomcat68 Wrote:He's not from the mountains, but still in Eastern Kentucky, Mason County's Chris Lofton
:Clap:
lebron james
doug howard
dustin may
jesse meeks
justin chaffin
matt maynard
bill chapman
cody slone
wes woods
john cena
PHSCARD Wrote:I agree with you on that. Ben Bowling though was a head case, never reached his full potential in my opinion. He did sign with Tulane, but I haven't heard anything about him since.

he still around perry county in and out of trouble. I guess you could say hanging with the wrong crowd. alot of talent just wasted away, coulda, woulda, should,!
Ben Bowling
White Mike Wrote:The 15th region hasn't had a real good ball player in about 10 years!!!!

He didn't ask that he asked outta the players we've had who has been the best?
I meant it was too close to call because there hasn't been anybody good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How long has it been since Shawn Newsome graduated?
clark stepp... because he has been in highschool for the past five years