Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Graders playing varsity (your thoughts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I understand in all of the above. Except...... I don't believe middle school players should play high school sports period. Why? If my 14 year old is a great auto driver and better than anyone in the state. Show my 14 year old be allowed to get a drivers license? Even though he/she is better than anyone in the state.... If you answer NO, then why should they be allowed to play up. Is it a double standard.. There are rules. You can't have one without the other. No matter how good they are. You can't be President until you are 35 yrs old. Even though a 32 year old would make a great President. Why? It is the law and rule. I think I made my point. End of discussion
truepanther Wrote:I understand in all of the above. Except...... I don't believe middle school players should play high school sports period. Why? If my 14 year old is a great auto driver and better than anyone in the state. Show my 14 year old be allowed to get a drivers license? Even though he/she is better than anyone in the state.... If you answer NO, then why should they be allowed to play up. Is it a double standard.. There are rules. You can't have one without the other. No matter how good they are. You can't be President until you are 35 yrs old. Even though a 32 year old would make a great President. Why? It is the law and rule. I think I made my point. End of discussion

Your comparing apples and oranges. The person behind the wheel could destroy a life if they make a mistake, the person sitting in the oval office can destroy the lives of millions if he makes them. What are the consequences to the player or the people he will be playing against if he plays up in a high school basketball game? And in some cases there may be some, but I think that is the decision of the parents and the coaches and there doesn't have to be a governing body make a rule for it.
truepanther Wrote:I understand in all of the above. Except...... I don't believe middle school players should play high school sports period. Why? If my 14 year old is a great auto driver and better than anyone in the state. Show my 14 year old be allowed to get a drivers license? Even though he/she is better than anyone in the state.... If you answer NO, then why should they be allowed to play up. Is it a double standard.. There are rules. You can't have one without the other. No matter how good they are. You can't be President until you are 35 yrs old. Even though a 32 year old would make a great President. Why? It is the law and rule. I think I made my point. End of discussion

Jeff Gordon drove sprint cars when he was 13. Pretty sure it worked out for him and doubt he sees your point.
Stop being selfish. If the kid is good enough,, play him. Eastern Ky athletes are starting to get better looks from colleges which opens up for better exposure and education. Take away AAU and only letting kids play high school if in high school,, sets this region back to the 80s. If you're against it,, its because either you were sat down for an 8th grader or an 8th grader played in front of your kid or family's kid. If neither,, you're just an idiot.

One problem with that.
Drivers licenses and age limits for presidents are the law and the rule.
There is no law or rule about being in the 9th grade to play high school sports, except in football and soccer.
I think the reason we see more of this now than 10-15 years ago is simply all the holdbacks. No one thought about a 15 year old freshman playing varsity but now those 15 year olds are 8th graders.
Cameron justice could have started in 7th grade at er. he has continued to develop and improve over the years. some do some don't. depends on physical and mental maturity, and on parents involvement or lack thereof.
Pages: 1 2 3