Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cincinnati 28 Pittsburgh 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final! Cincinnati goes to 3-0 on the season and Pittsburgh goes to 1-2!
Good job Cincy!!!
WHO DEY!!!!
I'm pretty upset about this game. Stupid turnovers by the steelers led to their demise
Im elated that the game is over.
Congrats to the Bengals and all their fans.
Better luck next time Pittsburg.
Who Dey !! Well, not Pittsburgh...
Meade Wrote:I'm pretty upset about this game. Stupid turnovers by the steelers led to their demise

I think this went both ways or did you forget the hit and turnover on Henry that lead to a Pittsburgh TD!
Both teams didn't play to their potential, but man Pittsburgh just flat out done awful in the 2nd half. Congrats to the Bengals on this win. It was a big one.
BelfryJustice Wrote:I think this went both ways or did you forget the hit and turnover on Henry that lead to a Pittsburgh TD!

The turnovers by the steelers were just at a really bad time in the game.. The muffed punt really changed the pace of the game
Its not how many TO's but the points off TO's and Cincy had 21 points off TO's!!!
I hate this..Pittsburgh GAVE IT TO CINCY..BUT A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN! Congrats Bengals and there fans!
Meade Wrote:I'm pretty upset about this game. Stupid turnovers by the steelers led to their demise
Dont be upset.The Bengals are a better team right now,,,,but will they be in another 12 weeks?Go Steelers!!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Dont be upset.The Bengals are a better team right now,,,,but will they be in another 12 weeks?Go Steelers!!!!

I think they will be!
I do too Belfry Justice,,,
For the most part, Pittsburg's couldn't do anything. They doubled Chad and made sure he didn't beat them, they loaded the line to shut-down Rudi, and they sent the rest of the defense at Carson.

So, Carson got afraid (more so with the mental aspect of playing against the team that hurt him), and they couldn't do anything, right Alfus???

193 yards, 4 TDs (and 2 INTs, but still a great game). Handled their business. Go ahead, bad-mouth them, keep putting them down, keep doubting them, I wanna hear it.
BRitz did you read my apology to you on a earlier post?Cant you even be nice when you win?hehe I think the Bengals are better right now.What part of that dont you accept?They might even be better in the end of the season.Maybe after the Bengals win 5 super bowls you will understand why us steeler fans always think our steelers will work it out by seasons end and be the best.Understand?You might reach that level as a fan but it will take alot more wins than that one today..But for today I take my hat off to you and the bengals.they are good!!
BFritz Wrote:For the most part, Pittsburg's couldn't do anything. They doubled Chad and made sure he didn't beat them, they loaded the line to shut-down Rudi, and they sent the rest of the defense at Carson.

So, Carson got afraid (more so with the mental aspect of playing against the team that hurt him), and they couldn't do anything, right Alfus???

193 yards, 4 TDs (and 2 INTs, but still a great game). Handled their business. Go ahead, bad-mouth them, keep putting them down, keep doubting them, I wanna hear it.

Fritz man, you got some issues about being angry. Look at my post from earlier.

alfus21 Wrote:Congrats to the Bengals on this win. It was a big one.

By the way man, 2 INT's and a fumble lost isnt a great game and especially considering he didn't even break 200 yards, but he got the job done with the 4 big TD's. This team is more than Palmer, and you need to realize he'll never have the season he did last year.

Pittsburgh will take care of them next time, when Ben is in a better groove. He (and the rest of Pittsburgh) played awful today, and to say this game wasn't an awful one to watch is understatement. Can't wait til game 2. Hopefully both teams will play better next time.
BFritz calls his favorite play "Lets hit them and run guys on two,,,hehehe
IF Pittsburgh doesn't have JEFFY (The Ringer) returning punts, then it isn't a game...Cincy better send him a gold medal because they were done!! And so was I after looking at my checkbook, lol!
Old school Dawg Wrote:BFritz calls his favorite play "Lets hit them and run guys on two,,,hehehe

My favorite play is "give respect where respect is due, and don't hate on a team just because you don't like them."
alfus21 Wrote:Fritz man, you got some issues about being angry. Look at my post from earlier.

By the way man, 2 INT's and a fumble lost isnt a great game and especially considering he didn't even break 200 yards, but he got the job done with the 4 big TD's. This team is more than Palmer, and you need to realize he'll never have the season he did last year.

Pittsburgh will take care of them next time, when Ben is in a better groove. He (and the rest of Pittsburgh) played awful today, and to say this game wasn't an awful one to watch is understatement. Can't wait til game 2. Hopefully both teams will play better next time.

His stats weren't great, but his stats weren't horrible either, but they didn't need to be great. 69.2% completion, last I checked, if he averaged that, he'd be the third best QB in completion percentage, the league leader was only 72%. 2 INTs- not great, but hot horrible either. As for his yards, you don't always need to pick up a lot of yards through the air to get the job done, especially considering the Steelers are one of the best defenses in the league, so you just get yards and touchdowns any way you can.

None of you are admitting to being wrong, you're all just saying "I was wrong this time, the Bengals played well, but the Steelers had this or that go wrong for them, but the Bengals still aren't very good."

Old school Dawg Wrote:BRitz did you read my apology to you on a earlier post?Cant you even be nice when you win?hehe I think the Bengals are better right now.What part of that dont you accept?They might even be better in the end of the season.Maybe after the Bengals win 5 super bowls you will understand why us steeler fans always think our steelers will work it out by seasons end and be the best.Understand?You might reach that level as a fan but it will take alot more wins than that one today..But for today I take my hat off to you and the bengals.they are good!!

A bit of respect, not full respect, but a bit is a start, thanks
BFritz Wrote:His stats weren't great, but his stats weren't horrible either, but they didn't need to be great. 69.2% completion, last I checked, if he averaged that, he'd be the third best QB in completion percentage, the league leader was only 72%. 2 INTs- not great, but hot horrible either. As for his yards, you don't always need to pick up a lot of yards through the air to get the job done, especially considering the Steelers are one of the best defenses in the league, so you just get yards and touchdowns any way you can.

None of you are admitting to being wrong, you're all just saying "I was wrong this time, the Bengals played well, but the Steelers had this or that go wrong for them, but the Bengals still aren't very good."

I'm not going to admit to being wrong on Palmer. He hasn't looked that great this season and to say he has is somewhat funny.

He has 6 Td's, 4 INTs, and 5 fumles on the season (2 lost, but that's bad) Still a long way to go Fritz.
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to admit to being wrong on Palmer. He hasn't looked that great this season and to say he has is somewhat funny.

He has 6 Td's, 4 INTs, and 5 fumles on the season (2 lost, but that's bad) Still a long way to go Fritz.

You said he'd be scared and wouldn't be able to do anything. You were wrong about that. You're just going to keep upping it and saying "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can....... (do something else)" until you're saying "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can be a Super Bowl MVP" and then eventually it will be "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can be inducted into the Hall of Fame before he even retires."
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to admit to being wrong on Palmer. He hasn't looked that great this season and to say he has is somewhat funny.

The change at center hasn't helped with Palmer"s numbers. Pittsburgh exploited the middle the entire game yesterday! You could tell a rookie center was in the game. Pittsburgh is a great team and play some of the best D in the NFL. Both teams struggled in this game! Ben and Palmer have both had much better games!
BFritz Wrote:You said he'd be scared and wouldn't be able to do anything. You were wrong about that. You're just going to keep upping it and saying "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can....... (do something else)" until you're saying "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can be a Super Bowl MVP" and then eventually it will be "I'm not going to admit to being wrong until he shows me that he can be inducted into the Hall of Fame before he even retires."

That's utterly ridiculous in more ways than I can even count, and I honestly don't even know what to say to that.
BelfryJustice Wrote:Ben and Palmer have both had much better games!

Yeah, it was awful to watch. I can't wait til they play again.
As bad as I hate to admit it..What's done is done..But I bet your ass Pittsburgh will slap them around in Cincy!!
alfus21 Wrote:That's utterly ridiculous in more ways than I can even count, and I honestly don't even know what to say to that.
There were only two main points....... That you were wrong saying Palmer would be scared, and that you're going to keep upping what Palmer can't do when he proves you wrong. So, can you really not count that high, or do you just have no answer??
BFritz Wrote:There were only two main points....... That you were wrong saying Palmer would be scared, and that you're going to keep upping what Palmer can't do when he proves you wrong. So, can you really not count that high, or do you just have no answer??

Smile He's not done anything to prove me wrong except against the Browns. 4 INT's and 5 fumles on the season. The Bengals would do fine without him the way it looks. Plus it's only week 3. Not even a fifth of a way through the season. How could I be wrong so far?
alfus21 Wrote:Smile He's not done anything to prove me wrong except against the Browns. 4 INT's and 5 fumles on the season. The Bengals would do fine without him the way it looks. Plus it's only week 3. Not even a fifth of a way through the season. How could I be wrong so far?

First you said he'd be afraid to step up and throw the ball, which he hasn't been. You also said he'd fold after he takes a hit, which he's taken a few, and hasn't folded. I also believe that you said the Bengals wouldn't be anything good, 3 and 0, how much better do you want?
BFritz Wrote:First you said he'd be afraid to step up and throw the ball, which he hasn't been. You also said he'd fold after he takes a hit, which he's taken a few, and hasn't folded. I also believe that you said the Bengals wouldn't be anything good, 3 and 0, how much better do you want?

I'd say he looks like he is panicking a bit more this season under pressure and throwing those interceptions, and why has he already fumbled 5 times which is what he did all of last year?

Wow, 3-0..A whole 3 games into the season. So are the Saints. Like I said in my last post. Not even 20% through the season and you're asking how much better do I want? What a joke.
Pages: 1 2