Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: K-12 Players Same School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm a 13th region person so I start this thread for the 13th. Any other region jump in.
How many teams in the 13th have a starting 5 with players who have been in the school system since K-1?
Are there any teams with their entire team who have been in the school system K-1?
Whitley Co. is 1 I know that has starting 5 and all reserves from Whitley since K-1.
footballfever Wrote:I'm a 13th region person so I start this thread for the 13th. Any other region jump in.
How many teams in the 13th have a starting 5 with players who have been in the school system since K-1?
Are there any teams with their entire team who have been in the school system K-1?
Whitley Co. is 1 I know that has starting 5 and all reserves from Whitley since K-1.

I don't know if that is a good sign. That would imply that very few families were relocating into your community. Our society is very transient these days. Here in London, families move in and out regurlarly.
rojas Wrote:I don't know if that is a good sign. That would imply that very few families were relocating into your community. Our society is very transient these days. Here in London, families move in and out regurlarly.

Yep, that's why all these kids transfer from school to school all over SE and EKY because their families relocate.
footballfever Wrote:Yep, that's why all these kids transfer from school to school all over SE and EKY because their families relocate.

Are you talking Cordia transfers or the kid that his dad got a position at Aisin Automotive or Walmart Distribution Center, and moved here from Cleveland? I know here in London, northern Kentucky, Bowling Green, etc. families move in and out every day. My daughter is a 4th grade teacher. She has new kids about once a month. Town's with vibrant economies have families that move in and out regularly.
rojas Wrote:Are you talking Cordia transfers or the kid that his dad got a position at Aisin Automotive or Walmart Distribution Center, and moved here from Cleveland? I know here in London, northern Kentucky, Bowling Green, etc. families move in and out every day. My daughter is a 4th grade teacher. She has new kids about once a month. Town's with vibrant economies have families that move in and out regularly.

NO, what I'm talking about as the thread said. Are there any schools that have 5 starters who have been in the school system from k-1 and any schools who have entire team from k-1.
It appears the answer is 1 as of now.
If you would like to start a thread about Cordia transfers. People who move to work at Aisin or Walmart. People who move from Cleveland, BG, NKY, feel free to do so.
^ touchy, touchy.
rojas Wrote:^ touchy, touchy.

Sorry, I have been around HS athletics and education for 35 years. I DO understand occasionally people have to move but if you honestly follow athletics in SE and EKY this is very rarely the case.
I was really wanting to know if there are other schools other than Whitley!
footballfever Wrote:Sorry, I have been around HS athletics and education for 35 years. I DO understand occasionally people have to move but if you honestly follow athletics in SE and EKY this is very rarely the case.
I was really wanting to know if there are other schools other than Whitley!

Understood. However, in other areas of the state it is very common.
rojas Wrote:Understood. However, in other areas of the state it is very common.

OK. Lets name ANY school in state then!!!!!
????????? Ttt
Bell co are all home grown as far as I know? That as some have said will be hard these days. Economy in this area is as bad as it has been in a longtime. Lots of people on the move.
Johnson Central is pretty close. All players started in kindergarten in JC except Shane Hall and Bradley Hall. They came when Shane was in 4th grade and Bradley in 3rd
2006 Hazard team was the last team to win the 14th region with "same school system" players. Well I believe they had a JV player from a different grade school but their top 9 all from the same system K-12.
I would say this is very rare. I teach 5th grade in Laurel Co and we have new kids who come in and kids who leave all the time.
TriCountySports Wrote:I would say this is very rare. I teach 5th grade in Laurel Co and we have new kids who come in and kids who leave all the time.

At All Times:Continuously, without interruption........... A basketball team consists of about 2% of the entire HS male population.
I just don't understand WHY NO ONE wants to answers the thread question.....have to come up with some type of reasoning.............
south laurel top 8 or so have been here for as long as I remember probably not since kinder garden though
footballfever Wrote:At All Times:Continuously, without interruption........... A basketball team consists of about 2% of the entire HS male population.
I just don't understand WHY NO ONE wants to answers the thread question.....have to come up with some type of reasoning.............

Know one transferring into Whitley that wants to play sports.....just saying if you want a answer. :igiveup:
64SUR Wrote:Know one transferring into Whitley that wants to play sports.....just saying if you want a answer. :igiveup:

No..... not KNOW.... I want to KNOW what schools have kids that stay and are loyal to ONE school....AND I wish you would really give up :biglmao:
kids have left whitley to play ball elsewhere just none come to whitley from anywhere else to play basketball. Why would anybody go to whitley to play basketball? answer is they wouldnt and thats why you have all home grown kids
ky playmaker Wrote:kids have left whitley to play ball elsewhere just none come to whitley from anywhere else to play basketball. Why would anybody go to whitley to play basketball? answer is they wouldnt and thats why you have all home grown kids

:thanks: playmaker.....fever trying to prove something that makes no sense to me...so I'm gonna give him a :1: for home grown starting 5....THE WHITLEY 5. :Cheerlead
ky playmaker Wrote:kids have left whitley to play ball elsewhere just none come to whitley from anywhere else to play basketball. Why would anybody go to whitley to play basketball? answer is they wouldnt and thats why you have all home grown kids

You are a fan of what team? Congratulations. Parents transfer kids to other schools because they think they may win a few more basketball games or a district or region.... I WAS REALLY WANTING TO KNOW WHAT SCHOOLS HAVE 5 STARTERS WHO HAVE BEEN AT THEIR SCHOOL SNCE K-1. ALSO IF THERE ARE ANY SCHOOLS WITH ALL VARSITY PLAYERS THERE SINCE K-1.
I APPRECIATE THE KIDS AND PARENTS AT WHITLEY WHO ARE LOYAL TO THEIR SCHOOL.......

AND MORE SO LOYAL TO THEIR FRIENDS...................................
The funny thing and almost sad thing is 64 and playmaker cant answer my school does this so they have to try and belittle the school that does...clASS acts ..but for some reason they just belittle Whitley, not Bell...
Why could you not just stay out of the thread?
Really awesome thread that really sheds some light on something we've never discussed on here.
zaga_fan Wrote:Really awesome thread that really sheds some light on something we've never discussed on here.

I'm not sure if you serious but I kinda wanted to know. Confusedinglepar
footballfever Wrote:The thing funny and almost sad is 64 and playmaker cant answer my school does this so they have to try belittle the school that does...clASS acts ..

FEVER how many home grown coaches got interview for the football job and don't say 5....now I give up. :igiveup:
64SUR Wrote:FEVER how many home grown coaches got interview for the football job and don't say 5....now I give up. :igiveup:

AGAIN...has NOTHING to do with the thread....you will never give up because you are a worthless troll...
CAN YOU YOU YOU... name a school other than Whitley or Bell that fits this thread......if you cant I wish you would STFU...
I wasnt being a jerk same can be said for bell. very few jobs in either place and basketball tradition aint good enough at either place for kids to come there. Its just the truth wasnt trying to talk bad about whitley. have some good friends in that system.
Like I said south laurel has all laurel co kids as far as I can remember back. all was here in middle school anyway
footballfever Wrote:AGAIN...has NOTHING to do with the thread....you will never give up because you are a worthless troll...
CAN YOU YOU YOU... name a school other than Whitley or Bell that fits this thread......if you cant I wish you would STFU...

Was they born in Whitley county....an if you can't answer that.....I wish you would STFU....worthless troll....You want an answer an a school LESLIE COUNTY :worthy:
Three of Corbin's starters are k-12 at Corbin. Several more on the bench.
Pages: 1 2