Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay Co. vs. Jackson Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These heated rivals play twice in the next few days, Friday in Manchester, Tuesday in McKee. Can anyone who actually knows tell me what the tiebreaker will be to decide the top seed in the district if they split the two games? I didn't realize until I saw a story in the Manchester paper this week that Jackson hasn't beaten Clay in something like the last 15 meetings. Don't think it will happen Friday, either. The game at Jackson is probably more of a tossup.
I've said since the beginning of the season that I think these two teams will split games at home, so I'm going to stick with that.

I think Clay Co wins this Friday.
Point spread up to 15 points
Olred Wrote:Point spread up to 15 points

I'd say more in the 4-8 range. Clay Co has the advantage at home, but this is going to be an intense game between two of the most talented teams in the region.

I consider these two teams to be two of the top three teams in the 13th, along with Knox Central.
I'm leaning more toward Olred on this one. Clay seems to be hitting stride, and Jackson will have trouble guarding the post. It will be a really good time for Allen to start paying a few dividends for Clay, he hasn't been what they had hoped so far. Is the Neeley kid that plays inside going to be back for Jackson? Supposed to be about this time I thought.
Yes, the Neely kid will be back, or that's what Coach Collier had told us. He played against OBI.
Van Hagar Wrote:I'm leaning more toward Olred on this one. Clay seems to be hitting stride, and Jackson will have trouble guarding the post. It will be a really good time for Allen to start paying a few dividends for Clay, he hasn't been what they had hoped so far. Is the Neeley kid that plays inside going to be back for Jackson? Supposed to be about this time I thought.

Neely played against OBI on Monday, and will be ready to go against Clay County.

I talked to him and he said he thinks he'll get good minutes in the Clay County game. He's been practicing for about a week now.
Hoping to attend both meetings. Really love this Jackson Co team.
Clay county 74
Jackson county 60

Heck i may be wrong but i doubt it Confusedmoke:
The tiebreaker rule is margin of victory I believe.....so if they split then whoever had the largest margin of victory will get the #1 seed.....if they both win the same amount then I'm not quite sure.
According to documents found on the KHSAA website, officials from each school agreed that : A) Head to head match-ups. B) Scoring differential. C) Point system applied to common opponents. D) Coin toss or the Cantrell ratings. That will be the process to break any ties.
Clay by4
Clay 74
Jackson 62
McDaniel will have 25 and "Hillbilly Hops" Blake Smith will hold fox to 11!
:truestory:
Kanye you have made me lose it over that one. Blake and Wes sure are leapers, both over 36". I predict Wesley Wolfe with a throw down tonight. Always a good atmosphere, but I'm glad to be a Tiger fan! Think those boys have flipped the switch and its now them and everybody else in the region competing for 2nd. Go Clay!
Sticking to my original prediction, Clay at Clay, but depending on the margin tonight and how well they play, I can see Clay winning at Jackson next week. That's why you play 'em. Nothing like the final couple of weeks and the post season.