Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top players in the state by position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Made this thread over in the college basketball section and now I'd like to see what everyone thinks about our high school kids here in Kentucky!

Here's my crack at it.

G: Beetle Bolden (Holmes)
G: Quinton Snider (Ballard)
F: Kelan Martin (Ballard)
F: LaMontray Harris (PRP)
C: Jackson Davis (Lafayette)

My second team

G: Braxton Beverly (Perry)
G: Tra Edwards (Hopkinsville)
F: Dominique Harding (E-Town)
F: Quinton Chames (Holmes)
C: Raekwon Long (Scott Co)
I'm a homer so here it goes

1st team
G Snider (Ballard)
G Beverly (Perry)
G Justice (Knott)
F Johnson (Perry)
C Martin(Ballard)

2nd team
G Bolden(Holmes)
G Gilbert(Scott County)
G Goodin(Taylor County)
F Davis (Lafayette)
C Long (Scott County)

I really like Spalding from Trinity as well. I think he will end up being better than all on this list before its all over!
Not a bad list!

And I also agree i was hesitant on choosing between Spalding and Long and ya really can't go wrong with either!
The difference in Spalding from July until now is just unbelievable. Kid can get paid if he is willing to put the work in! He is super young to!
I've seen him twice so far this year ( at Corbin and Ballard games) and he really impressed me. He's starting to get some serious looks as well, Boston College offered him not long ago and Kentucky has been looking at him closely. Wish him the best fun player to watch.
No way Beverly should be on that list over Cunningham kid is gonna sign major d1. People just don't want to give him the credit he deserves especially in the 14th region. This kid is super smart can run a team and can finish at the rim. Beverly is good but just not as good as Cunningham not yet.
Buford T Justice Wrote:No way Beverly should be on that list over Cunningham kid is gonna sign major d1. People just don't want to give him the credit he deserves especially in the 14th region. This kid is super smart can run a team and can finish at the rim. Beverly is good but just not as good as Cunningham not yet.

:biglmao:
Cunningham is GOAT................
Buford T Justice Wrote:No way Beverly should be on that list over Cunningham kid is gonna sign major d1. People just don't want to give him the credit he deserves especially in the 14th region. This kid is super smart can run a team and can finish at the rim. Beverly is good but just not as good as Cunningham not yet.

Cunningham is quicker and can attack the rim better. Beverly is a better shooter, defender, handles it better, and the smarter player and believe me that goes a long way. I think Cunningham is a nice player but I'd take Beverly over him all day. Cunningham hasn't really made the players around him better at least not yet while Beverly has.

Last time I checked Cunningham had offers from Boston University, Gardner-Webb, Samford, and Morehead State. Has he gained any more? Not trying to take a shot here I'm honestly wanting to know.
Mix1 Wrote:Cunningham is GOAT................

WOW!!! That is an awful strong statement about a high school kid. I sure hope you aren't an adult.
Easy Wind Wrote:WOW!!! That is an awful strong statement about a high school kid. I sure hope you aren't an adult.

Wow.... Seriously????
Mix1 Wrote:Cunningham is GOAT................

That's not even cool...... No way he looks anything like a goat!!
Easy Wind Wrote:WOW!!! That is an awful strong statement about a high school kid. I sure hope you aren't an adult.

GOAT is sports slang for "greatest of all time"
He obviously doesn't come here much..
1st Team
G: James Bolden, Holmes
G: Quentin Snider, Ballard
F: Kelan Martin, Ballard
F: Raymond Spalding, Trinity
C: Jackson Davis, Lafayette

2nd Team
G: Nick Ruthsatz, CovCath
G: Brandon Hatton, Dixie Heights
F: Lamontray Harris, Pleasure Ridge Park
F: Justin Johnson, Perry County Central
C: Shane Hall, Johnson Central

I don't know enough about what's going on west of I-65
^nice list
I somehow keep forgetting about B. Hatton. Kid is a baller!!
Hatton came close to my list but decided to put Edwards over him.
If you have Beetle Bolden ahead of Braxton Beverly and Camron Justice, you might want to talk to their AAU coach he plays behind both!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If you have Beetle Bolden ahead of Braxton Beverly and Camron Justice, you might want to talk to their AAU coach he plays behind both!

I had Beetle barely over Beverly.

Justice and Hatton behind Edwards on my second team.
this is above my paid grade picking 1st and 2nd team top players in kentucky...:mop:
You could build one heck of a team just out of the 14th region. It would be hard to pick a top 5, just out of this region, let alone state.
I would have 2 go top 5 in the 14th with
1. Lulu Chisolm cordia
2. James "moob" noble Buckhorn
3. Matt Turner pcc
4. Ryan noble Buckhorn
5. Jon Eric begley pcc
griffman Wrote:You could build one heck of a team just out of the 14th region. It would be hard to pick a top 5, just out of this region, let alone state.

I'll give it a shot with 3 guards and 2 forwards.

G: Beverly
G: Justice
G: Hollan
F: Hall
F: Hudson
MidnightRider Wrote:Made this thread over in the college basketball section and now I'd like to see what everyone thinks about our high school kids here in Kentucky!

Here's my crack at it.

G: Beetle Bolden (Holmes)
G: Quinton Snider (Ballard)
F: Kelan Martin (Ballard)
F: LaMontray Harris (PRP)
C: Jackson Davis (Lafayette)

My second team

G: Braxton Beverly (Perry)
G: Tra Edwards (Hopkinsville)
F: Dominique Harding (E-Town)
F: Quinton Chames (Holmes)
C: Raekwon Long (Scott Co)
How did you put long ahead of johnson. Didn't you watch johnson handle him the other day. I think johnson had 36 and 18 on long
Bunch of homers
zaga_fan Wrote::biglmao:

only ones laughing is pcc fans.

I agree with him, Justice cant hang with him
hitter Wrote:How did you put long ahead of johnson. Didn't you watch johnson handle him the other day. I think johnson had 36 and 18 on long

Johnson has been a bit inconsistent when I've seen him this year which I've seen him about 8 times. Still a very good player of course I just like Long especially since Long is a true center. Johnson is a 3-4.