Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region up for grabs, who you got?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a 5 way lock at the top of the 14th region. This region is as open as it ever has been. There are a couple teams that could knock a big dog off, but only a few that could put 3 games together to win the Regional title.

This is how I see it:
1. Letcher, defending champs until someone beats them out, playing well
2. Leslie, Perry, Powell, in no particular order
5. Breathitt, if they don't try to run can be right in the mix with these 4.

A couple sleeper teams that can knock someone off, but don't think they can win all 3 games to get to Bowling Green
6. Jenkins, Creech can pack them enough to knock someone off
7. Knott, if they are hitting the 3's they may just knock a team out

3 of those teams are from the 53rd, so one is not going to make it unfortunately.
These are the only teams that I look to make any noise and have a chance to go out of the 14th. Letcher and Perry I think have the advantage, but that don't always play out. Good luck to all the teams. Looking forward to a great Regional Tourney.:rockon:
Letcher, Leslie, Powell, Perry, Breathitt.....I'll take Powell County.
Letcher hasn't played either Perry or Powell. They better be on there A game. I still take my Lady Cougars in the finals against either Powell Co or Perry Co Central. It just depends on the draw.
PCC or LCC. In close games, I take the best coaches. Rankin is the best player. Draw will play a big part. Leslie having home court advantage.
I think perry central has the best player,but teams wins championships an she has some good team mates, Theywill be the ones determining if they cut the nets down, all the other teams worried about the big girl ,it the other players that will determine the outcome. But, they r 5 or six teams that can win it all this year ,nothing would surprise me an I expect this to be some of the best games in the state! IF you like basketball Don't miss these games. Several will be decided by 3 points or less.
I said early in the season and i still think it comes down beetween letcher and perry and if letcher plays like they know how they win but if everone else plays well it could be up to about 4 or 5 teams
I'm going with Kayla Rankin and Coach Napier to win it. Several teams that could win it though, will be a very interesting tournament. Letcher, Powell, Breathitt, Perry, and Leslie can all beat each other on any given night this season.
Hazard will knock off Perry this year. Coach Harold Brashear is going to shock the world.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Hazard will knock off Perry this year. Coach Harold Brashear is going to shock the world.

No, they won't. But you're right, it'd be quite a shock.
Leslie Letcher and Powell are the 3 main Candidates. Perry has lost their fire, but the little spark they have may pull them through. I don't know too much about Letcher but they are defending champs and every champ will fight to defend their title. Leslie has the best duo of the region (Asher & Moore) They have a big chance to go play at diddle. The other, Powell. They have a desire in their eyes that you can see burn. Especially with 4 Seniors. When they decide to play as a team they are truly amazing and they have 2 of the best posts in the region. This will be the best Region Battle ever.
Don't count out Breathitt in the mix. I think at the beginning of the season no one gave Letcher a shot at being back in the hunt after losing four starters from last year. Guess what, they're back. This may be a better regional tournament than the boys. Oh yeah, most of the teams are loaded with homegrown players. Letcher only loses one Senior and will return four starters as they will be in the hunt next year.
Letcher
Leslie County...Go Eagles from 64SUR. :Cheerlead
There are 5 teams that could win it, Breathitt, Powell,Leslie, Fletcher an perry central several people r counting perry central out but remember that have one of the best coaches in the state an Rankin has a good chance to win miss basketball,an also its hard to ignore a player that is top 5 in scoring an rebouding, despite the fact that she is constantly being double teamed an triple teamed,
Knott Central beat Leslie County last night, you better not forget about the Lady Patriots. Coach Honeycutt and his girls can knock someone off and ruin their year.
Hazard took Harlan County to the wire last night without Maddison Niece. Big turnaround.
Knott plays extremely well at home which reflects a young team. At the first of year Knott took perry central to the wire,but last week lost by 35 to them ,perry central beat hazard last Sat at hazard by overnight 30. With these girls teams u just Don't now how well there going to play from one game to the next.those were great win for Knott an great effort in hazard! Like I said before these hands-on the 14 should be fun to watch.
When it comes to coaching, Randy Napier always comes first. Having him alone on the side line accounts for so much, but I don't see them wining region Letcher is the best team, but at the same time the best team doesn't always win.
Guys what happens in the regular season doesn't mean jack! The fact is you have to play your game like it is your last. Every team in the region who make it to the tournament has to play the best they have played all year. If not then they will go home.
Leslie County will be hard to beat at home. Letcher and Perry have
excellent chances but Leslie should be the favorite.
Where do you think Breathitt stands now? They had a good chance at the beginning of the season, don't hear much about them now.
I dont know how leslie would be the favorite letcher beat them by about 12 at leslie during regular season
But Leslie has beaten all of the other teams just about it. thats why they are considered favorites. Powell has beaten Perry and Breathitt but not Leslie and their still a favorite. Perry is a favorite and they have beaten Powell and Breathitt(by very little) and lost to both and Leslie. but on any given day a tuba can fall. 14th region is gonna be a tough call.
I'll take Powell Co or Breathitt Co. Most I know are saying Perry Central but I don't think so. Randy Napier aka the modern Wendell Wilson will not be able to get a team down 40 so Rankin can get her 30 in this tourney. They will swarm her and Moore from Leslie both. I believe it will be the Pirates or Bobcats at Diddle!!!
Seems like everyone forgot about the Lady Cougars who is being wakeful quiet. Not even mention in the mountain top 10, and only lose in the 14th region was vindicated. Let them put Leslie Co over us since we beat them in reg season.
Perry Central
After victory over Leslie by 19 ,perry should!! But that's why they play the games!!