Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard and Perry Central Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do both programs depend on transfers to keep their programs on top? Both of those schools live and breathe basketball. Their kids start playing basketball when they come out of the womb.

All I hear from Perry Homers is that this guy is coming in, that guy is coming in. What about the guys that they have in their 8 or 9 grade schools? They not good enough to play?

Now as for Hazard, I here people going around saying we are going to give this family this amount of money to move here and give them a job. We are only getting the high star players (which I have never saw), but what is this saying about their own kids up there?

Both programs have won numerous regional titles without depending on transfers.

Now I wont even get into Cordia because they should be a prep school and thats just simple as that.
I think they are just trying to keep up with Scott County. :igiveup: I'm sure both of their kids in their own systems are good, but it's always good to have someone better if you want to compete with the schools up north. Everyone does it, so if you want to compete you have to play the game, that is just how it is.:Thumbs:
This is an interesting thread. Really original topic that hasn't been brought up before.
I love it when you post Running Clock.
What about that team called Shelby Valley? Paintsville? Clay County? They have won with some local kids havent they?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I love it when you post Running Clock.

LOLOL thanks
times have changed to be competitive with the state you must recruite and now Cordia bringing in all the kids from all aover you must recruite to stay in the regional race.
Knott County hasnt had to recruit and they are still winning. Have the past few years.
Hate to break the bad news to you BUT HHS has been doing this for years. When I was in school in the 90's, Uncle Chester always had some family moving to Hazard to play some sport at HHS. They're not the innocent victims Dawg fans are trying to make then out to be.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Knott County hasnt had to recruit and they are still winning. Have the past few years.

I've been told all 5 starters were recruited along with their 6th man and now another they just got eligible.

They also had some help in 2010 from transfers.

Shelby Valley and Elliot County had home grown players and they had success at the state level.

Cordia has really changed the term of recruiting but it's been going on far longer than Cordia the last 2-3 years. Usually it's one kid sometimes two and three not 7-10. Recruiting goes on everywhere.
MidnightRider Wrote:I've been told all 5 starters were recruited along with their 6th man and now another they just got eligible.

They also had some help in 2010 from transfers.

Shelby Valley and Elliot County had home grown players and they had success at the state level.

Cordia has really changed the term of recruiting but it's been going on far longer than Cordia the last 2-3 years. Usually it's one kid sometimes two and three not 7-10. Recruiting goes on everywhere.

You may wanna fact check before listening to whomever..
Every kid on KCC's team is a Knott County boy. Justice moved there his Freshman year because his dad was hired there and mother was to I think. Sammons is from there but he's been at Bath for a while. What lured him back? I will say this, if I was a real good player and wanted to play on a really good team next year and get some PT, I'd go to Knott Central. Their bench is very weak. Sammons will be gone as well. I dont know who HB will bring in here off the Philly Express but I guarantee that they will be tough so I doubt I'd go to PCC to play. Just sayin.
Mix1 Wrote:You may wanna fact check before listening to whomever..

Which parts are not true?
MidnightRider Wrote:Which parts are not true?

If you don't know then why comment that you do? I'll give you one,, Evan Hall went to grade school in Knott. And he's is not the only one. But keep feeding misinformation.
Mix1 Wrote:If you don't know then why comment that you do? I'll give you one,, Evan Hall went to grade school in Knott. And he's is not the only one. But keep feeding misinformation.

I do know that Christon, both Cornett's, miller and the newly eligible player came from JBS. Justice from East Ridge and Sammons from Bath.

2010: Cox, Davis, Roberts all from JBS.

What am I missing?

Prior when I was told this I didn't know what was true and what wasn't but now after finding it out those are all true.
^You are correct MidnightRider!!! Most ppl on here don't consider it transfers if they aren't in Highschool. That's the reason most of these ppl on here think KCC doesn't have any "recruits." I guess it's however you look at it! Not 1 school in the 14th besides maybe Lee or Riverside can say they have all "homegrown" kids. I'm not making excuses for any of the schools that recruit! I've said this b4 on here and I will say it again! If the teams didn't recruit PCC & HHS would pretty much dominate this region the way they always have. You would have a diff winner from time to time but tats about it!
Another question? Do you know why the majority of them left JBS? Wasn't because "Knott" recruited them. Again,, before posting what you think are facts,, learn what the facts actually are.

Knott has transfers,, I wont argue that..
Why do you people think that justices dad and mom were both given high paying jobs. Don't that seem a little suspicious. Raymond justice was head coach and BB King was an assistant. When bb King got his family member superintendent then bb was hired as knotts head coach and he got Raymond and his wife both jobs so they would bring their son to play at knott.
And the last 3 regional tournaments knott has won have all been due to transfers
Same can be said about Hazard,, Perry and Cordia..
Mix1 Wrote:Another question? Do you know why the majority of them left JBS? Wasn't because "Knott" recruited them. Again,, before posting what you think are facts,, learn what the facts actually are.

Knott has transfers,, I wont argue that..

I'm sure those kids and their parents didn't just wonder on down to Knott Central. They were contacted I'm sure and yes "recruited"

It happens everywhere and we all know that. Just puzzles me why I've seen so many Knott fans bash Perry, Cordia, Hazard and so on for bringing kids in when they do the same thing.
Mix1 Wrote:Same can be said about Hazard,, Perry and Cordia..

Name 1 transfer on PCC 2011 regional championship team???
I'm talking about the past 2 years. I personally couldn't tell you anyone's name, roster wise, from Cordia,, only 1 player from Hazard and 2 players from Perry's team. Because I could care less about them. But in the last couple of years they all have transfers,, or recruits as yall put it.
MidnightRider Wrote:I'm sure those kids and their parents didn't just wonder on down to Knott Central. They were contacted I'm sure and yes "recruited"

It happens everywhere and we all know that. Just puzzles me why I've seen so many Knott fans bash Perry, Cordia, Hazard and so on for bringing kids in when they do the same thing.

Majority of the people I know here only gripe about Cordia and them recruiting 48 states with basically a new roster every year. If you're going national with recruiting,, go where you belong. Prep School..
If KCC had their "homegrown" kids playing right now there wouldn't be 100 ppl in the stands, they wouldn't have won 5/6 games this season, no regional championships since the early 90's & no one on here would be talking about them! Every team that is in the mix this year have recruits or transfers! It is what it is!
I'd hope your arguing with someone else,, or your just looking foolish.
Mix1 Wrote:Majority of the people I know here only gripe about Cordia and them recruiting 48 states with basically a new roster every year. If you're going national with recruiting,, go where you belong. Prep School..

Not disagreeing with that. My thing is seeing people bash these other schools when their school wouldn't even be a top 12 team in the region without the transfers on their team.

Transfers are now part of the game. I don't like it but that's how you have to do it now. Don't bash other schools for doing it while yours does too.
Mix1 Wrote:I'm talking about the past 2 years. I personally couldn't tell you anyone's name, roster wise, from Cordia,, only 1 player from Hazard and 2 players from Perry's team. Because I could care less about them. But in the last couple of years they all have transfers,, or recruits as yall put it.

So if your gonna state something state facts!!!! PCC had 0 recruits or transfers when they won it in 2011. Doesn't matter who you care about, the facts stay the same! PCC is the last team to win the regional championship w/ their own "homegrown" kids.
ballstar Wrote:So if your gonna state something state facts!!!! PCC had 0 recruits or transfers when they won it in 2011. Doesn't matter who you care about, the facts stay the same! PCC is the last team to win the regional championship w/ their own "homegrown" kids.

Good god,, did you ride the short bus to school? I'm talking about now, today,, right at this moment. Is safe to say whom is your school lol.
ballstar Wrote:So if your gonna state something state facts!!!! PCC had 0 recruits or transfers when they won it in 2011. Doesn't matter who you care about, the facts stay the same! PCC is the last team to win the regional championship w/ their own "homegrown" kids.

Im gonna say you are kin to someone very close on pcc, your colors show more and more each post..

HHS an KCC is the real home feeders in this region.
Overrated Wrote:Im gonna say you are kin to someone very close on pcc, your colors show more and more each post..

HHS an KCC is the real home feeders in this region.

From your post I can see your a KCC homer. You must be related to someone on KCC's team!
Pages: 1 2