Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Player Rankings (Feb)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's how I have them after the second week of February. This is based on last week's performances and overall talent -

1. Zac Baxter, South Laurel
2. Jordan Fox, Jackson Co
3. Matthew Barger, Knox Central
4. Peyton Broughton, North Laurel
5. Tyler McDaniel, Clay County

These five could interchange almost each week. I would take all five on my team.

Of course, I also ranked the remaining of the region on the site.
Are you BAXTERS dad or brother? your joking right..all the double doubles chad marssee has had you cant give him player of the week..
Fox is a nice player really like his game.
outsidelookin Wrote:Are you BAXTERS dad or brother? your joking right..all the double doubles chad marssee has had you cant give him player of the week..

Over all talent I agree with TriCountySports.....But I do agree with outsidelookin......marssee should be player of the week....if you have a player of the week..hes my player of the month right now...Go big guy. :worthy:
Tyler Chip McDaniel had an unstoppable game against the Jags-
Nice leader on the court
McDaniel took a couple weeks off. He's back from vacation. No lower than top 2.
Austin Poindexter has been dominating everyone Middlesboro has played. I don't think anyone in the region could guard him right now. Man is putting up 25+ every night.
If I was coaching a team in the 13th Region, I know the guy I'd least like to see on the other side, and that's McDaniel. I got a little irritated with the "hands down" best stuff last year, but he's very good.

I'd go:
McDaniel
Barger
Fox
Baxter
Potter

Poindexter
Foister
Marsee
Broughton
Collier or Robinson or Caldwell
HDE Wrote:If I was coaching a team in the 13th Region, I know the guy I'd least like to see on the other side, and that's McDaniel. I got a little irritated with the "hands down" best stuff last year, but he's very good.

I'd go:
McDaniel
Barger
Fox
Baxter
Potter

Poindexter
Foister
Marsee
Broughton

At least you're man enough to admit it. Good list though. Don't think there's any debating that top 5.
outsidelookin Wrote:Are you BAXTERS dad or brother? your joking right..all the double doubles chad marssee has had you cant give him player of the week..

64SUR Wrote:Over all talent I agree with TriCountySports.....But I do agree with outsidelookin......marssee should be player of the week....if you have a player of the week..hes my player of the month right now...Go big guy. :worthy:

This is weekly rankings, not player of the week.

But, I guarantee that Baxter is posting close to a double-double each night, and has been scoring around 25 points per game for the last two weeks. I don't have rebound totals for him, but he is playing in the middle of their defense and has rebounded the ball really well in the games I've covered.

The rankings change each week. They're based on weekly performances and overall talent levels. I like Marsee and have him ranked 6th on the list, but I don't think anyone would take him over Baxter. Baxter has been playing better than anyone in the past two weeks.

I have no affiliations with any team in the region. So, the rankings are unbiased.
HDE Wrote:If I was coaching a team in the 13th Region, I know the guy I'd least like to see on the other side, and that's McDaniel. I got a little irritated with the "hands down" best stuff last year, but he's very good.

I'd go:
McDaniel
Barger
Fox
Baxter
Potter

Poindexter
Foister
Marsee
Broughton

I can't disagree with that. As UKCC said, McDaniel had a couple of down weeks, but he seems to be back. I even stated in my rankings that I hope to see him get a little more selfish as tournament time gets here.

I would switch Potter and Broughton. Broughton hasn't gotten a lot of respect, and I think it's because he's a freshman, but the kid can flat out play. He's averaging around 21 points and 8 rebounds a game.

If I'm going with a starting five, it would probably look more like this:

McDaniel
Fox
Broughton
Baxter
Marsee

That's leaving out Barger, who I think is a top 3-4 player, but I'd take Broughton's and Baxter's size at the three and four spots.
TriCountySports Wrote:I can't disagree with that. As UKCC said, McDaniel had a couple of down weeks, but he seems to be back. I even stated in my rankings that I hope to see him get a little more selfish as tournament time gets here.

I would switch Potter and Broughton. Broughton hasn't gotten a lot of respect, and I think it's because he's a freshman, but the kid can flat out play. He's averaging around 21 points and 8 rebounds a game.

If I'm going with a starting five, it would probably look more like this:

McDaniel
Fox
Broughton
Baxter
Marsee

That's leaving out Barger, who I think is a top 3-4 player, but I'd take Broughton's and Baxter's size at the three and four spots.

Broughton had a bad showing in Manchester but I would bet playing all those games in so many days had something to do with it. He really struggles to shoot however, I've watched him 3-4 times this year and every game he has missed several free throws. He has tremendous upside though, he is "built" like a basketball player.
UKCC Wrote:Broughton had a bad showing in Manchester but I would bet playing all those games in so many days had something to do with it. He really struggles to shoot however, I've watched him 3-4 times this year and every game he has missed several free throws. He has tremendous upside though, he is "built" like a basketball player.

I was told he is fighting strep throat right now. His shooting has been good in the games I've covered him. He has a real nice pull up jumper from about 15 feet.
TriCountySports Wrote:I was told he is fighting strep throat right now. His shooting has been good in the games I've covered him. He has a real nice pull up jumper from about 15 feet.

That would be awful if he is but would make some sense.
Starting 5
PG- Fox
PG/SG- McDaniel
SG- Barger
SF- Baxter
C- Marsee or Allen.

If I were to rank the players
McDaniel
Fox
Barger
Baxter
Potter
Broughton
Marsee
Allen
Poindexter
B. Smith
EKYBubba - I think that looks good - the starting five and the top 10 ranked players. I think Isaiah Collier is a top 10 player, though.
Had him at 11 Tri County. I'm a big believer that CC has underachieved and I think both Wolfe and Farmer are in top 15. With that talent, Clay has about 4-5 too many losses, but that doesn't mean anything if Marcum can get them clicking on all cylinders when it counts.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Had him at 11 Tri County. I'm a big believer that CC has underachieved and I think both Wolfe and Farmer are in top 15. With that talent, Clay has about 4-5 too many losses, but that doesn't mean anything if Marcum can get them clicking on all cylinders when it counts.

I've had all five Clay County starters in the top 15 at different times throughout the year, and I think, based on talent, they all five could easily be there.

Farmer is underrated because he is a fantastic rebounder, probably a little better than Allen, for his size. I think Wolfe and Smith are still finding their ways on offense, but are great defensive players because of their athleticism. As they become better shooters, they'll become much better players.

I agree that Clay County has some losses that they should not have. I think Wayne Co, Knox, Henderson Co, and Lexington Catholic are justifiable.