Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If you could only pick one...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you could only pick one of these players to build your team around.

You get to have them from their seventh grade year all the way to their senior year.

Who do you pick?

Daniel Combs (Perry Central)
Camron Justice (East Ridge/Knott Central)
Braxton Beverly (Perry Central)
Tate Cox (JBS/Knott Central)
Zack Davis (JBS/Knott Central)
Josh Whitaker (Bell County/Hazard High School)
Justin Hicks (Hazard High School)
Justin Johnson (Sheldon Clark/Perry Central)
Matt Day (Buckhorn)
Marquis nowell from cordia
Lebron James....Confusednicker:
Sorry didn't see the poll at the top I thought you were talking about people that were in grade school now. Marquis is in 8th grade now at cordia and was there as a 7th grader. Also omur keta would be a good one in 8 th grade also.
Dan Combs for sure.
Buford T Justice Wrote:Sorry didn't see the poll at the top I thought you were talking about people that were in grade school now. Marquis is in 8th grade now at cordia and was there as a 7th grader. Also omur keta would be a good one in 8 th grade also.

I didn't see the poll either.I Agree right now with Buford T Justice..on keta....now on the poll....Johnson from perry. :pondering:
I added the names to the bottom of my post!

Sorry for the confusion Wink

My thoughts were to just pick a few of the best players over the past few years that played around here for a while.
Elisha Justice
Warthog Wrote:Elisha Justice

I would've put him on here...
but I figured I'd stick with 14th Region guys since just about everyone else I was thinking of was 14th.

But Elisha Justice and Hobo McCoy were a couple more that crossed my mind.
Elisha more than Hobo.
If going with 14th, then I would have to take Camron Justice
Warthog Wrote:Elisha Justice

Will be hard to vote for Elisha Justice outside knott and perry county border.Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
I'd go with Justice. I think he's the best player on that list.

Honestly, it's ridiculous that only three players on that list were at the same school for their career. Can't blame Whitaker, though, since his dad was fired at Bell Co.
TriCountySports Wrote:I'd go with Justice. I think he's the best player on that list.

Honestly, it's ridiculous that only three players on that list were at the same school for their career. Can't blame Whitaker, though, since his dad was fired at Bell Co.

I think East Ridge fired Raymond Justice too, if I'm not mistaken.
I know we raise a big stink about the mass exodus of ball players from JBS...
but I think there was some kind of scandal between an employee and student(s) that might have driven some of them away.
I'd take Cam, Johnson, Daniel, Braxton, Whitaker or Cox.

Either one of em you've got a player that can do a little bit of everything and do something special.
Cam and Tate can fill it up, Johnson can anchor your frontline on both sides of the ball, Daniel was just a straight gamer and Braxton and Whitaker are proven floor generals.
Out of this list Beverly or Justice, if you are going to go back that many years, I would take Elisha Justice over all of them.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think East Ridge fired Raymond Justice too, if I'm not mistaken.
I know we raise a big stink about the mass exodus of ball players from JBS...
but I think there was some kind of scandal between an employee and student(s) that might have driven some of them away.

You would be correct on the JBS thing. What I was alluding to the other day in a thread. Just didn't want to get into details.
Man I'd like to build a team with all these guys, wow talking about an all star team.
Hicks or Whitaker..... LOL Homer!
ekff Wrote:Hicks or Whitaker..... LOL Homer!

You would say that lol
zaga_fan Wrote:You would say that lol

One was my teammate and coached the other one!

I know Johnson, Beverly, and Justice ain't had a college career yet but Hicks and Whitker both got it done at the next level!
ekff Wrote:One was my teammate and coached the other one!

I know Johnson, Beverly, and Justice ain't had a college career yet but Hicks and Whitker both got it done at the next level!

No doubt. They made my list!
Daniel Combs no question for me. Couldnt go wrong with any of those tho.
Daniel Combs (Perry Central)- gives 110% all the time,, had a bit of an attitude problem but a perfect player to let have the ball in crunch time

Camron Justice (East Ridge/Knott Central)- going to be a solid D-1 player, excellent sure and a kid you want to have the ball when it matters,, but if things aren't going his or the teams way he claims a bit too much

Braxton Beverly (Perry Central)-great floor general great hands and with talent around him shines much better... Sometimes I think he trys to do a little too much and shoots a bit too much for a point guard.( Note he still has two more years)

Tate Cox (JBS/Knott Central) One of my least players on the list.. Its nothing agains the young man but I always thought he was overrated... I mean anyone decent enough who shoots the ball as much as he did could put the numbers up he has..But he does have an excellent jump shot and always plays hard.
Zack Davis (JBS/Knott Central) Solid players and plays hard and a excellent defender and hard nose player.. Very good players to build a team around..
Josh Whitaker (Bell County/Hazard High School) excellent all around players, great ball handler took shots when needed and played hard and a kid you want to have the ball in the closing seconds not because hes the type of players to beat you off the dribble or pull and drain one from deep but a player who expose the weakness in the defense when it matter... another perfect kid to build a team around

Justin Hicks (Hazard High School)- Excellent shooter when hot and doesn't miss if he is on.. but not my type of player to build a team around
Justin Johnson (Sheldon Clark/Perry Central) Great big man in highschool but going to play the forward position at the next level and I believe he is a lot better than most games he has played in because I think hes a bit on the lazy side in the games. I just cant understand why a kid of his caliber goes to western Kentucky when hes able to just about play anywhere... heck it may be playing time or just wants to be close to home.. but he is an excellent player to build around..

Matt Day (Buckhorn) Kid just needed more talent around him to help the team.. Its no knock on the buckhorn and there kids but 1 kid just cant do it all.. Excellent players shoots the 3 well and good inside game. Good players to build around..

Clark Stepp (JBS) Hes a solid players whether you like him or not... Him and Tate Cox are in the same category according to me... But When these kids played for JBS they were a very solid force because the ball was moved around equally and open shots where taken but being the main players on the teams these players got there points because they shot the ball a lot..

I know you really want to pick a kid off the list but there are several good choice to build a team around and I am not knocking either kid but just giving my opinion.. But I will list a player I would build a team around and they would be the Mikey Slone kid who played at knott county... The kid would of been a superstar if given the opportunity too be on any other team in the region.. Just wasn't enough shot to be passed around... Kid can shoot the three, he can dunk at will if he wanted but was a bit on the lazy side because he wasn't given the freedom..

Another solid players would be Tewayne Willis- hes an overall great athlete, great floor general,, shot the ball well when he found an open look... He also made the team play to another level when on the floor....
Wes Noble PG
Cam Justice SG
Hudson C
Johnson F
Day F
I'd take these 5 and never lose a game.
PS Zach Davis didn't play for JBS...
He started at KCC as a freshmen, and I don't remember him playing for JBS as an 8th grader.

Anyway, I voted for Camron, but it wasn't an easy choice..I kept having flash backs of the regional championship Tate's senior year.
I'd take Combs. Watched him grow as a player into a stud. Seen him hit many clutch shots and torch defenses on a nightly basis.
Tough choice for sure. With the PG position I'd take Whitaker. As for the scoring guard is go with Combs. I like Day as the post player. The reason for Whitkaer at the point is they way he really controls the offense. Really made positive things happen and still does at UPike. Combs was someone who could really put points up in a hurry. The reason I chose Day at the post is his ability to step out and shoot. Of course I don't think there is a wrong answer here, all great players.
Justin Johnson. Nuff said!
Daniel Combs hands down. Not the best attitude, but the toughest player to ever come from the 14th. Since 2000 anyway.
Pages: 1 2