Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 65 Whitley Co. 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final at Corbin.

Big Win for the Lady Redhounds! Corbin got the lead in the 3rd and Whitley couldn't overcome it.... I won't start about the refs....but the game was called like most are when you play at Corbin. Whitley did not play well and did not utilize the inside game advantage. Congrats to the Lady Redhounds for playing a very good game!:Thumbs: The 13th Region is up for grabs!!! Who wants it the most will get it!
Good win for the Redhounds. I didn't go to this one so I don't know the details. I hope it continues though. I haven't been impressed the last few games though.
Olred Wrote:Good win for the Redhounds. I didn't go to this one so I don't know the details. I hope it continues though. I haven't been impressed the last few games though.

Corbin made some defensive adjustments, which really bothered the Colonels and also prevented them from getting the ball deep into the post.

Corbin took control of the game by outscoring Whitley 14-3 in the 3rd qtr. and never could get all the way back. Whitley started intentionally fouling with a couple of minutes left hoping to get back in it, but Corbin hit their first 14 FT's, which by the way I believe were their first FT's of the game. The last couple of minutes almost took longer to play than the rest of the game, don't really understand why teams continue to foul down to the final seconds when their is no chance to win.

Corbin gets the #1 seed with the win.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin gets the #1 seed with the win.
If this is true......( I heard there will be a coin toss) then Corbin will face off with South Laurel and Whitley will get Williamsburg......I think Whitley will get the better end of this stick for game #1!:eyeroll: I think a coin toss is stupid....Whitley has won 2 out of 3 and the game on a neutral court should be the tiebreaker!
I had a feeling Whitley would foul this one up.
The last few years they've had trouble sweeping Corbin.

According to the KHSAA rule book, Corbin will get the one seed.
I don't think it matters, these two will be playing at Corbin again in about 2 weeks.
I just thought of something.....3 out of 5 Whitley losses this season have been played at Corbin.......wonder why this is? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.............
99% sure it is a coin flip in this district if you split. No matter who wins first or second or point spread or early season tournament non "official" district games. Unless they changed it this year. Whitley and Corbin flip for 1 seed and South and Williamsburg flip for 3 seed...
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I just thought of something.....3 out of 5 Whitley losses this season have been played at Corbin.......wonder why this is? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.............

Karma........
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I had a feeling Whitley would foul this one up.
The last few years they've had trouble sweeping Corbin.

According to the KHSAA rule book, Corbin will get the one seed.
I don't think it matters, these two will be playing at Corbin again in about 2 weeks.

Corbin has to be upset this game was as close as it was
skyhawk14 Wrote:99% sure it is a coin flip in this district if you split. No matter who wins first or second or point spread or early season tournament non "official" district games. Unless they changed it this year. Whitley and Corbin flip for 1 seed and South and Williamsburg flip for 3 seed...

100% sure I posted the rules in another thread.
Unless they've changed it, which I know they haven't, in a seeded district, when two teams tie for first place, the winner of the second game gets the one seed.

I believe district have the option to flip, but from what ive been told the 50th uses the rules.
Warthog Wrote:Corbin has to be upset this game was as close as it was

:biglmao:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Karma........
:lame: I can think of many other words that are way more suiting.....and so can many other teams who have been mugged.....I mean played there....:popcorn:

Confusednicker:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote::lame: I can think of many other words that are way more suiting.....and so can many other teams who have been mugged.....I mean played there....:popcorn:

Confusednicker:

You have absolutely no class Whizzard. If Corbin won by 30 you would still whine about the referees and conspiracy theories. Whitley was just not ready to play and that's all. This will make them much stronger in the tournament. They also got outcoached really bad in the second half. The game I saw was a very fair called game. Just like any 13 region game....the refs sucked on both ends. Brandi Smith kept Whitley in the game and really played with class. I'm impressed with that kid. Too bad a lot of fans don't have her class. Especially you.:lame:
It doesn't matter who the 1 seed is. Williamsburg and South can not play within 20 points of Corbin or Whitley.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:I just thought of something.....3 out of 5 Whitley losses this season have been played at Corbin.......wonder why this is? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.............

Looks to me like Corbin is better than Whitley by those numbers. So I guess a Basketball Wizzard like yourself would figure Corbin would beat Whitley 6 out of 10 times. lol:biglmao:
Basketball Wizzard Wrote::lame: I can think of many other words that are way more suiting.....and so can many other teams who have been mugged.....I mean played there....:popcorn:

Confusednicker:

He's baaaaack.:please:
Lilly Wrote:Looks to me like Corbin is better than Whitley by those numbers. So I guess a Basketball Wizzard like yourself would figure Corbin would beat Whitley 6 out of 10 times. lol:biglmao:
Your just STUPID!!! Enough Said......STALKER!!!:drooling:
SEKYFAN Wrote:He's baaaaack.:please:
I tried to be diplomatic.....but your "Karma" comment put me over the edge. So your RIGHT.....I'M BACK......Corbin jerks like you tend to bring out the worst in people....don't they?:biglmao:
oldhound70s Wrote:You have absolutely no class Whizzard. If Corbin won by 30 you would still whine about the referees and conspiracy theories. Whitley was just not ready to play and that's all. This will make them much stronger in the tournament. They also got outcoached really bad in the second half. The game I saw was a very fair called game. Just like any 13 region game....the refs sucked on both ends. Brandi Smith kept Whitley in the game and really played with class. I'm impressed with that kid. Too bad a lot of fans don't have her class. Especially you.:lame:

Getting on here and saying I have no class too try and sugarcoat what goes on at Corbin isn't going to change the TRUTH! Everybody in the STATE knows the TRUTH! Why do you think your system is hated by most.....oh, I know, we are all jealous of you...You people are LEGENDS IN YOUR OWN MINDS.....Confusednicker: I can't wait for the District Tournament, so you can really show how classy YOU ARE!!!:Thumbs:
Now Wizzard even you can count and do simple math. It appears Corbin has Whitleys number. This was a very hurtful loss for you I know. And I mean HURTFUL.
Lilly Wrote:Now Wizzard even you can count and do simple math. It appears Corbin has Whitleys number. This was a very hurtful loss for you I know. And I mean HURTFUL.
You must be talking FROM EXPERIENCE since your team Southwestern LOST to Corbin at Corbin this year!! Seems like they have your number......DO THE MATH.... 0-1 :biglmao: I think you big dogs need to try and get KHSAA to put you in the 50th so you can get some every year!:Thumbs:
Well Wizzard how did your team fare this year against us?
Lilly Wrote:Well Wizzard how did your team fare this year against us?
Why are you suddenly changing the subject? Does the memory HURT REALLY BAD? :biglmao: As far as the lost to you goes.....like I said earlier.....3 of Whitley's losses were played AT CORBIN!!! Even someone like you can get the DRIFT!!!!! DUH!!!:insane:
Wizzard why all the hatred? I mean you guys are just not as good as Corbin. I mean sure we lost to them, but they beat us fair and square. Just like they beat you the last 3/5 times. I mean just admit it, you guys suck and choke when you play them.
Lilly Wrote:Wizzard why all the hatred? I mean you guys are just not as good as Corbin. I mean sure we lost to them, but they beat us fair and square. Just like they beat you the last 3/5 times. I mean just admit it, you guys suck and choke when you play them.

Are you really this STUPID??? I never said we lost to Corbin 3 out 5 losses....I said 3 of our 5 losses this season were played at CORBIN!!! Not to Corbin.....in their GYM, on their FLOOR, you get it now that I have broken it down for you in detail. You lost to them.....so I guess you suck and choke when you play them! How many times have you beat them this year.....oh, that's right NONE!!! Whitley beat them twice! I have spelled it out for you the very best I can so your little flower mind can comprehend it.:HitWall:
Lilly Wrote:Wizzard why all the hatred? I mean you guys are just not as good as Corbin. I mean sure we lost to them, but they beat us fair and square. Just like they beat you the last 3/5 times. I mean just admit it, you guys suck and choke when you play them.

:biglmao:
You suck at trolling. You can pull the easy ones in (wizard) but that post it so ridiculous I literally took time out of my day and scheduled that time just for laughing.
Had Whitley beat them for the third time this year, like they'll do in district and maybe region if Corbin can get that far, you would still be putting rankings on here with corbin ahead of them.
Basketball Wizzard Wrote:Getting on here and saying I have no class too try and sugarcoat what goes on at Corbin isn't going to change the TRUTH! Everybody in the STATE knows the TRUTH! Why do you think your system is hated by most.....oh, I know, we are all jealous of you...You people are LEGENDS IN YOUR OWN MINDS.....Confusednicker: I can't wait for the District Tournament, so you can really show how classy YOU ARE!!!:Thumbs:

Absolutely NO CLASS! You are an embarrassment to Whitley County. Read the Times Trubune, your coach is dead on correct with what happened. I still think Whitley has more talent but Corbin just wanted it more. This should help Whitley come tournament time. :hilarious:
Hmmm....things that make you sound stupid!:lmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote::biglmao:
You suck at trolling. You can pull the easy ones in (wizard) but that post it so ridiculous I literally took time out of my day and scheduled that time just for laughing.
Had Whitley beat them for the third time this year, like they'll do in district and maybe region if Corbin can get that far, you would still be putting rankings on here with corbin ahead of them.

Glad I made you laugh. When Corbin beats Whitley in district you and Whizzard can cry together.:Thumbs:
The game at Whitley Corbin refused to guard the pick and roll and Craig scored at will. This game Corbin guarded the pick and roll and forced Smith to shoot outside. Whitley made no adjustments.
Pages: 1 2