Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 65 Hazard 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
A game of runs!

Hazard pulls away to 8-1 to start off.
Perry cuts it to 10-9 to end the quarter.
Back and forth until Perry pulled ahead and went up by double-digits.
Hazard chipped away at the end with some tough defense and stupid turnovers by Perry.

The freshman Austin Hill hit 2 HUGE free throws for Perry.
Matt Turner stripped Hollan to end the game.
Win, Lose, or Draw, I still love them Dawgs !!!
Tightly played game and I don't think anyone can really harp on the refs too much tonight.
I thought they did a great job of calling this one.
Johnson had 3 dunks... And a free throw or 2.
Hudson was giving Johnson fits.
Great run by the dawgs in the 4th.
Beverly had a big 2nd half until hazard started pressing him. Had 3 or 4 turnovers in the 4th.
Hazard shot 35 free throws I bet I would love to see the totals...Refs controlled the game but Perry overcome that and won Hazard has to play slow down ball to win, with that being said Al Holland likes the half court game great job by him. Perry like a little uptempo game. can anyone give us free throw totals on both sides.
ah boys...
Good win Commodores. Excellent game by Toomer. Played an excellent game with plenty of hustle. Tobler great game as usual this is what makes Perry tough they are not a one trick pony. Austin Hill and Matt Turner also had good games. Beverly well just what you usually expect out of him. Johnson learning to take what the defense allows without making stupid fouls. Perry a more well rounded team than last year. Had the feel of a tournament atmosphere. Hazard no quit in these Dawgs Josh Hollan and Chris Thompson kept them in the game just not enough help out of their supporting cast. Looks to be a great tournament season if this is any indication. Saw Coach Bobby Keith in the crowd he drove over for this one. Crowd well behaved just a good night of high school basketball well worth 5 bucks. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
ballboy Wrote:Hazard shot 35 free throws I bet I would love to see the totals...Refs controlled the game but Perry overcome that and won Hazard has to play slow down ball to win, with that being said Al Holland likes the half court game great job by him. Perry like a little uptempo game. can anyone give us free throw totals on both sides.

Sorry buddy but I'm looking at the official scorebook right now and Hazard shot 27 FT's and Perry shot 24 FT's..

Great game by to very good teams
they lived at the free throw line
Hazard went to the lockeroom 29-25. Bad 3rd quarter killed them.
Definitely intimidated by what I seen from Hazard tonight.
I am so proud of my Bulldogs! They never give up! Once a Bulldog...always a Bulldog!
ekff Wrote:Sorry buddy but I'm looking at the official scorebook right now and Hazard shot 27 FT's and Perry shot 24 FT's..

Great game by to very good teams

Game was called right down the middle.
50-50 balls didn't favor either team.

I only saw two calls I would consider "bad" calls tonight.
One against Hazard and one against Perry.
I agree.
For once, spuds called a good game.
He might've had one bad call one in favor of Hazard.
Another call I didn't agree with was the goal tending call.
Perry shot 61% FG and 47% 3FG

Hazard shot 37% FG and 25% 3FG

Perry made shots and Hazard didn't
ekff Wrote:Perry shot 61% FG and 47% 3FG

Hazard shot 37% FG and 25% 3FG

Perry made shots and Hazard didn't

Hazard win the battle on the boards or the turnover battle?

Surprising to see the shooting numbers that far off but the score be so close.
Perry shot 8 free throws at the end of the game when hazard was fouling on purpose. Hazard shot 15 in the first half and perry shot 5. The refs missed walking calls both ways. They called a foul on johnson when he was laying on the ground then hollan got 3 or 4 three point plays when he didn't get touched. One of them toomer had his back turned. Not to mention Beverly got hammered 3 or 4 times driving down the lane with no calls but hazard would do the same thing and it was a foul. I know refs are going to miss calls but they are just not consistent.
I give in...
this was a terribly called game.
Can't believe that Tobler fouled out and Johnson got a foul called on him.
^ lol this was a good called game, if the refs were for Hazard then Hazard would have won... Lol hazard went to the rim, Perry shot jumpers!
Johnson finished with 7 or 8 points I'm pretty sure.
Hudson had close to 20 or more.
If a coach from the losing team will say it was a fair called game then it was a fair called game.
I agree ekff..
Hollan and the guards kept driving.
Beverly hit some big 3s. That was the difference.
Winning team still says bad called game..
Smh
Ballers Wrote:Johnson finished with 7 or 8 points I'm pretty sure.
Hudson had close to 20 or more.

8 for JJ
20 for Hudson

27 for Beverly and a good floor-game minus a couple of turnovers at the end.
Perry Co. Central -- Turner 5, Beverly 27, Toomer 11, Johnson 8, Tobler 9, Hill 5.
Hazard -- Hollon 19, Wells 6, Thompson 6, Mobelini 3, Hudson 20, Hall 5, Hardy 3.

Damon Tobler was key for the Commodores tonight and Toomer knocked down his shots.
Perry didn't go as deep into the bench tonight.

I'm a Matt Turner fan right now and I liked Hunter Hardy tonight on D.
Everyone played hard.
Still like this Hazard team and Al when it really matters in the region
Win or lose if it's a bad called game, it's a bad called game. If I were coach holland I would think it was a really good called game too.
I thought the game was a good game. Refs didn't make a diff in this one IMO!! Johnson didn't have a good game but credit HHS defense. All the others stepped up and hit some big shots. HHS is gonna be a tuff out in the district and region this year. Hudson played really well tonight. PCC looked good at times but def need to block out. Gotta away w/ it this time but probably won't the next!
This was a great basketball game and to me these are the top two teams in the 14th. Beverly showed me again tonight why I believe he's the best pure player in the mountains. Hazard did a good job of cutting that lead late and getting back into the game. Tobler is the key for this Perry team with his rebounding, defense, and toughness. Hazard did a nice job on Johnson but it hurt them in terms of Perry's jump shooting. 14th region tournament should be a good one.
If Hazard plays the same game and Perry doesn't knock down the 3-ball we are talking about the Bulldogs winning this one right now.
Pages: 1 2