Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #18 Kentucky 80 Mississippi 64 final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WCS played a good game for the first time in a very long time! The guard play for the Cats seemed steady and the effort on the defensive end was respectable. Is this young UK team slowly improving? Coach Cal's comments on the post game show sounded as if he is suffering from UK media burnout. What do you guys think about this game and Cal's comments?
Cal made some comments towards the media for dropping them so much in their crappy poll.

Mix1...
The poll is crap!
i know, right? Wrote:The poll is crap!
The poll is probably accurate IMO. This team isnt going anywhere! A couple spoiled brats (Harrison twins) for guards aint gonna take this team anywhere.... Cal probably getting weary of coaching baby's with poopy diapers I would guess.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:The poll is probably accurate IMO. This team isnt going anywhere! A couple spoiled brats (Harrison twins) for guards aint gonna take this team anywhere.... Cal probably getting weary of coaching baby's with poopy diapers I would guess.

Could not have said it better. Be lucky to see he second weekend of the tournament. About tired of hearing there freshmen. If he does not want freshmen mistakes he should quit recruiting the so called one and done players, or quit crying about them being freshmen.
insideinfo Wrote:Could not have said it better. Be lucky to see he second weekend of the tournament. About tired of hearing there freshmen. If he does not want freshmen mistakes he should quit recruiting the so called one and done players, or quit crying about them being freshmen.

Why are you guys acting like they lost this game? I thought they played a pretty good game and showed improvement. I like the twins! I think they are going to be great players for UK! I don't think either one is a one and done player. James Young and Randle have been solid players all season long and Johnson is improving each game. I can understand some fans being somewhat upset with Coach Cal this season but not for what you guys are talking about! My problem with Cal started last season after NN went down with the Knee injury and UK needed to play Zone defense to protect a couple of slower players, he either doesn't know how to coach zone or has too big of a ego too! I don't have a problem with the so called "one and done" players but I do have a problem with a coach that fails to recruits players that fit the system he plans on running! This is a great group of players but Cal failed to sign a true PG that can guard the ball! This teams needs to play more zone because they lack a great on the ball defender! Plus the twins are not quick enough to be great "Drivers" in the dribble drive system, so again Cal failed to recruit for his system! Cal needs to junk the dribble drive and play zone VS teams with super quick guards. I don't have a problem with people complaining about Cal's coaching but at least complain about the things that need fixing! No way either of these twins can guard John Wall or Brandon Knight! Compare Andrew's stats to Marcus Teague's and you will see there is not a big difference on offense but on D Teague was a MONSTER that could stay in front of anybody!
Let em whine n gripe,, Tardville needs something to complain about. UK is the most talented team in the nation,, followed by Kansas. They are gelling about the right time. If they show the same consistency at mths end as they've shown from xmas to now,, I'll put money on a final 4.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Let em whine n gripe,, Tardville needs something to complain about. UK is the most talented team in the nation,, followed by Kansas. They are gelling about the right time. If they show the same consistency at mths end as they've shown from xmas to now,, I'll put money on a final 4.

Mix1...

You need to get off the blue koolaid, this team can't guard me and I'm a 5'13"slow fat boy.
insideinfo Wrote:You need to get off the blue koolaid, this team can't guard me and I'm a 5'13"slow fat boy.

5'13 =6'1:biglmao: