Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Groundhog Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phil did indeed see his shadow
Oh, I don't believe that!! The sun wasn't even up when you posted!!!
Confusednicker:

So far so good here in Harlan County.....no shadows anywhere!!

Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday folks!
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh, I don't believe that!! The sun wasn't even up when you posted!!!
Confusednicker:

So far so good here in Harlan County.....no shadows anywhere!!

Enjoy Super Bowl Sunday folks!

The times on this sight are off. LOL
I posted this right here at 9:53
2hrs off
2 hrs and 10 min!! LOL

So your original post was around 8? You know, it still isn't sunny here. Heavy overcast, and it looks like the bottom is going to drop out of the sky any second.
I agree with that GB
Phil saw his shadow at around 7:25 a.m. this morning in the small town of Punxsutawney, Pa., Sunday, amidst mostly overcast skies and temperatures in the mid-30s. Thousands of revelers showed up for the folksy celebration.

How Phil Came to his Decision

According to legend, if it's cloudy when the groundhog emerges, Phil will leave his burrow, signifying that winter will end soon. If it's sunny out, the groundhog will supposedly see his shadow and, frightened, retreat back into his burrow while winter drags on for six more weeks.
Who new carrots, onions, and potatoes would compliment crockpot groundhog, as well as, it did!
^^
Confusednicker:

Punxsutawney Phil is a dirty little liar!!
Oh, and BTW, this is decided before the groundhog is ever brought out into the public.
They know long before they make a spectacle of it.
Remember Bill Murray's take on the groundhog BEFORE he had a change of heart???

Confusednicker:

"They bring the little rat out......"