Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Girls Freshman Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations to the Harlan Co. Lady Bears for winning the 2013/2014 13th Region freshman championship today at Bell Co.

1st game Corbin def. Pineville
2nd game Whitley Co. def. Bell Co.
3rd game Harlan Co. def. Corbin
4th game Whitley Co. def. South Laurel
Championship game-- Harlan Co. def. Whitley Co.
I expected WC and HC to be in the championship. They have the best frosh.

Just curious, but did all of Whitley frosh play in this one?
RIUTG, To be honest I'm not positive, but I think they all played today.
I don't think Estes played. I couldn't read the names real well from the e-mail, so I could have missed one of Whitley's names.

Harlan County (38) — Rebecca Middleton 14, Kaitlin Evans 10, Breann Turner 7, Noah Canady 6, Hannah Gaw 1.
Whitley County (35) — Sherry Johnson 11, Gracie Nichols 10, Karlie Frazier 2, Sierra Feltner 9, Hannah Clear 3.
Harlan Co has a great freshman team
HDE Wrote:I don't think Estes played. I couldn't read the names real well from the e-mail, so I could have missed one of Whitley's names.

Harlan County (38) — Rebecca Middleton 14, Kaitlin Evans 10, Breann Turner 7, Noah Canady 6, Hannah Gaw 1.
Whitley County (35) — Sherry Johnson 11, Gracie Nichols 10, Karlie Frazier 2, Sierra Feltner 9, Hannah Clear 3.

Fairly sure that Estes did not play, in fact they have brought in several 8th graders onto the freshmen team.
From what I have on my rosters, both Whitley and HCHS have just two freshmen. The majority of the teams are middle school players. Harlan County has 10 8th graders.
HDE Wrote:I don't think Estes played. I couldn't read the names real well from the e-mail, so I could have missed one of Whitley's names.

That's about what I expected.
As you also said, the frosh are rare between these two. Both are stacked with 8th graders though.
How did the middle school regional go?
Whitley may have had a middle school tournament in the fall, but Harlan County wasn't in it. Those girls are divided among eight K-8 schools here. Whitley and Harlan County probably have the best eighth grade classes. Knox isn't bad either. Harlan may have the best freshman class overall this year when you just count 9th graders.
^
I forgot HC was divided like that. To be honest, im not even sure if they still have the region tourney for girls anymore with every team in it.
If North would have put a team in...could have won