Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region District Tournaments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
53rd:
1. Letcher County Central (6-0) (@ Jenkins 1/31)
2. Jenkins (4-3) (vs. Letcher County Central 1/31)
3. Knott County Central (3-3) (@ June Buchanan 2/3, @ Cordia 2/6)
4. June Buchanan (2-4)(vs. Knott County Central 2/3)
5. Cordia (0-5) (vs. Knott County Central 2/6, @ June Buchanan 2/10)

District Blind Draw for GIRLS ONLY.

54th:
1. Leslie County (3-0)
2. Perry County Central (1-1)
3. Hazard (0-1)
4. Buckhorn (0-2)

District is a blind draw

55th:
1. Breathitt County (1-0)
2. Wolfe County (1-1)
3. Jackson City (0-1)
4. Riverside Christian (0-0)

District is a blind draw

56th District:
1. Powell County (5-0)*** (@ Estill County TBD)
2. Owsley County (2-2) (@ Estill County 1/31, @ Lee County 2/6)
3. Lee County (1-3) (vs. Owsley County 2/6, vs. Estill County 2/10)
4. Estill County (0-3) (vs. Powell County TBD, vs. Owsley County 1/31, @ Lee County 2/10)

*** has #1 seed locked down

Owsley beat Estill by 3 in double OT in Booneville, Estill must win by 4+ tomorrow night (1/31), if Estill beats Owsley by 4+ and beats Lee then I think Estill will get the 3 seed, as they would have 2 wins and Lee 1, unless Lee beats Owsley...Lee must beat Owsley by 13+ (Owsley won 50-38 earlier in the year). If Lee wins one more game then It's almost certain that Estill will be the 4th seed.
I have heard that the Estill/Powell game in Irvine may not get rescheduled.
I believe the 54th actually seed in the girls. They use the Cantrell rankings. At least that is the way they used to do it.
Should be some great games
Bluecat Wrote:I believe the 54th actually seed in the girls. They use the Cantrell rankings. At least that is the way they used to do it.

KHSAA lists it as blind draw for both girls and boys
53rd seeds
Strikeout King Wrote:KHSAA lists it as blind draw for both girls and boys

Ok, I know they seeded in the past. Wasn't sure if they still did. Thanks!
53rd. Seeds both Girls and Boys.
This shows that only the boys seed and the girls blind draw for the 53rd. Could be a mishap on KHSAA's part, who knows.
Must have made a typo on that. Girls have seeded for years. They have it right on this link. Probably just a mistake http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/basketball/dis...t%2053.pdf
I thought they seeded due to how many district games each team is playing but got confused when KHSAA listed it as no seeding for the girls.

Thanks.
Anyone know when the 53rd, 54th, and 55th will draw?
Breathitt County v.s Riverside Christian
Wolfe County v.s Jackson City
I heard...
Leslie vs Buckhorn
PCC vs Hazard

Can someone confirm.
The 53rd definitely seeds both boys and girls.
Powell VS Estill is now tomorrow. 2-18-14.
PC Sports Wrote:I heard...
Leslie vs Buckhorn
PCC vs Hazard

Can someone confirm.

yea, it is true. Leslie Co. got the 1 seed, and PCC got the 2 seed. hazard the 3 seed and buckhorn the 4 seed.
Those cantrell rating are a little misleading, buckhorn has record that's like 11an 12 while hazard is like 5 an 15,yet the rating put hazard a higher seed,yes Leslie county has beat Perry central, they have only lost six games an I think Leslie has lost 10,at least they should be Leslie 1 perry count central 2 ,an buckhorn 3 an.hazard 4