Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: rank the 12th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the season winding down what's everyones thoughts on the top teams in the 12th region. Mine are #1 Wayne #2 south western #3 Lincoln #4 west jess. #5 Boyle #6 mercer #7 Somerset #8 east jess. #9 Pulaski #10 Danville
Looks good to me.
I think
#1 Wayne
#2 Southwestern, Lincoln, West Jessamine
#5 Boyle

Boyle is the sleeper. I think they are dangerous and they are better than their record shows. They have some impressive wins and some close losses to good teams.
jim rome Wrote:With the season winding down what's everyones thoughts on the top teams in the 12th region. Mine are #1 Wayne #2 south western #3 Lincoln #4 west jess. #5 Boyle #6 mercer #7 Somerset #8 east jess. #9 Pulaski #10 Danville

Looks pretty good
My Top 3
#1 Wayne
#2 South Western
#3 Lincoln
heck of a game last night between sw and wayne. final score was 77-62 but was 58-57 with 6 min to go and 64-57 with 2 min to go. sw just didnt close well last night. They played extremly hard and seemed to me to just run out of gas and wayne didnt. everything sw shot was short and didnt get to loose balls like they had earlier in the game
shadowlyfe Wrote:My Top 3
#1 Wayne
#2 South Western
#3 Lincoln

Agree! I think Wayne is 10pts better than anyone in this region
I think South Western is the only team that can challenge Wayne for the region. If they go to the post a little more and take a little better care of the basketball they can beat Wayne. On another note how did PC only bear Rock by 8.
Wayne had a nice road win at Southwestern last night with a score of 77-62. It was a much closer game than that though.
Wayne
Lincoln
Southwest
Boyle/West Jessamine
Mercer/Pulaski
East Jessamine

Lincoln is definitely the strong #2. Likely the only team that can challenge Wayne. Don't take my word for it. Look at their results for the year. They won at West Jessamine in mid December and have played excellent ball since. Also rated top 15.
ballstar Wrote:Agree! I think Wayne is 10pts better than anyone in this region

Totally agree with this analysis
1.Wayne
2-Lincoln
3-Southwestern
4-West Jessamine
5-Boyle Co
^^nope. If they overlook Lincoln, they could be in trouble. Lincoln plays with and/or beats everyone they play. Doss was #8 when they beat them easily. Lost at then #9 Montgomery by 2. And on and on. Not saying they will beat Wayne but there's not much separation between 1 & 2. The separation would come between 2 & 3.
Southwestern plays Lincoln tonight - 02-03-14 - at Lincoln, weather permitting. That will answer a lot of questions concerning who is #2 and who is #3.

Pulaski had some football players decide not to play basketball and their sophmore guard was on crutches last week with a sprained ankle. Pulaski got up big on Rockcastle, then held onto win.
Who is Pulaski's sophomore guard and how long is he out? I haven't seen them yet this year. Who are their top players?

Looks like they have Mercer tomorrow, Somerset Friday and Danville Saturday. Those are all teams rated in the same ballpark as Pulaski. Mercer is a little higher and the other two a little lower. How do they match up with each of those teams and how many of those wil they win this week?
big53 Wrote:Wayne
Lincoln
Southwest
Boyle/West Jessamine
Mercer/Pulaski
East Jessamine

Lincoln is definitely the strong #2. Likely the only team that can challenge Wayne. Don't take my word for it. Look at their results for the year. They won at West Jessamine in mid December and have played excellent ball since. Also rated top 15.

Pulaski, in my opinion drops out of the region top 10 after home loss to Casey County on Monday night. 2 years from now we will be talking about Casey being regional contenders, they have a good young bunch and a coach that coaches his butt off.
1. Lincoln
2. Wayne
3.West Jess
4. Southwestern
5. Boyle
Upset in the 12th during regional play.