Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oneida Baptist Institute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does Oneida Baptist still have dormitories? If so with the right coach at the helm could and the support from the organization they could start the recruiting process and dominate the 13th region. Just a thought??Confusedhh:
I heard Rhodes was taking the job there next season! Says he is gonna move the transfers/recruits from Codia to OBI.
The new president is Larry Allen Gritton, the son of the former coach at O.B.I. If they're going to make a move sports wise now will be the time. I have heard that he would like to improve all of the sports programs.
And yes, they still have dorms.
It's only a matter of time.
I want to see the looks on your faces when Riverside becomes the next 14th region powerhouse.
Oneida has some good players this season.
I've had this conversation for years. O.B.I. is a sleeping giant that just needs the right people involved to wake up and set the 13th region on its ear. Or rear!
If I remember correct OBI had a couple of really good talented teams in the late 80's. During that time Clay Co. was king of the mountains and a state power.
The new president played on some of those teams.
Big Ben Franklin was a heck of a player in the 70's.
I played and Coached at Oneida Baptist. I was Larry Gritton's Asst. Coach for a couple years. Larry was at Oneida for 20+ years winning 400+ games. The team With Roger Caldwell, Don Grey, David Mills and Ben Franklin beat Clay Co. in Dist. Tourney. I think it was the first Dist. Tourney loss in 25 years for Clay Co. That same year they beat Louisville Valley in the Snow Ball Classic and Valley went on and won the State Championship that year. I know that Larry Allen Gritton ( the new president of Oneida Baptist) will want a strong sports program. Oneida Could be the Oak Hill of Kentucky. JMO
Trust Me Wrote:I want to see the looks on your faces when Riverside becomes the next 14th region powerhouse.

Haha shit.
I might add, Oneida has nice Dorms, 2 Gyms and a indoor Swimming Pool, a Student Center and much more. A Great place to get an education.
There are a lot of kids that don't have homes that Oneida takes in.
Not sure if a lot of you actually know, but I actually had the pleasure of meeting some great great athletes and great people. Some of the kids are local but most of them I met back then where from different states. They have a great place, it's a drive.. But, the people I met there as a highschool and grade school athlete where awesome. Now, one thing about Oneida... If you are running cross country, it is the worst.. Lol.. You can barely walk up their hill. You will feel like death once you get to the top.
Oneida has been a great asset to the Commonwealth helping many young people for many, many years. Kentucky is fortunate to have institutions like Oneida- although they are far too few in numbers.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Oneida has been a great asset to the Commonwealth helping many young people for many, many years. Kentucky is fortunate to have institutions like Oneida- although they are far too few in numbers.

Agreed.
I know many fine folks that are graduates of O.B.I. Many great friends. It has been a true blessing to many kids and families around the world. In fact, I have family that were graduates of this school.
If I remember correctly, wasn't there a cemetery at the top of that hill? That just goes to show you tough it really was to run.