Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buckhorn getting a transfer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumor that 6'10" Jordan Akers, former Paintsville & Perry Central player, is or has transferred to Buckhorn to play basketball. Any truth to this? Kid may not be able to play dead in a western, I don't know. BUT, according to a quick google search, he was once ranked #6 in the 14th region when at Perry. Again, this is all speculation, but a quick Twitter check backs all this up. Can anyone confirm it?
Why would anyone wanna go to Buckhorn over in BFE?
I seriously doubt the kid is serious enough about the game and his studies to play ball at Buckhorn. Hope he does well and proves me wrong but the work ethic just isn't there from what I saw.
Per Twitter he's enrolling at The Horn
I hope Big Jordan does well!!! He isn't a bad kid just needs a little guidance! He has the ability to help The Horn if he will listen to Noble. That's the biggest problem w/ him! He will also need to focus in the classroom as well! Hopefully he does cause I think it would help him!
Seen him play some at paintsville, kid looked really skilled and with his size I don't see anyone in the 14th being able to stop him. This could put buckhorn in the mix for a regional title
Per parents: Jordan will be transferring to Buckhorn.
Seen the kid play some at paintsville. This puts buckhorn in the regional title hunt. I don't see anyone in the 14th being able to stop him
ballstar Wrote:I hope Big Jordan does well!!! He isn't a bad kid just needs a little guidance! He has the ability to help The Horn if he will listen to Noble. That's the biggest problem w/ him! He will also need to focus in the classroom as well! Hopefully he does cause I think it would help him!

If anyone can get it out of him will be Coach Noble. He seems to get the maximium effort out of all his kids. This could be a good fit for him and the Horn. Time will tell. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Lcdawgman Wrote:Seen the kid play some at paintsville. This puts buckhorn in the regional title hunt. I don't see anyone in the 14th being able to stop him

Lets not get carried away here!! He will help them a little bit! He came from Johnson County and for some reason no one ever took him under their wing to work w/ him. He can b a good player and in a coupe years a VERY GOOD player. He will NOT make that big of a diff for the Horn or anyone else for that matter! I hope he does well though! This kid needs some positive things in his life!
Schools in the 14 Region are forced to "recruit" if they are going to compete with the teams that have been doing it for years (PCC, KCC, Hazard and Cordia cough cough). What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It's sad that it has come to this.
Lcdawgman Wrote:Seen the kid play some at paintsville. This puts buckhorn in the regional title hunt. I don't see anyone in the 14th being able to stop him

Hooray the more the merrier. 14th already very tough this even complicates the 54th district if he is immediately eligible. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Kid will be eligible immediately!! He is a foster kid!!! I wouldn't get my hopes to high just yet though! He will not make that much diff!! Trust me on this one. He will help a little bit, by next year maybe more!
Will he be able to play this year?
inyourface Wrote:Schools in the 14 Region are forced to "recruit" if they are going to compete with the teams that have been doing it for years (PCC, KCC, Hazard and Cordia cough cough). What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It's sad that it has come to this.

No one is forced to do anything. But I agree seems like the gander category is constantly expanding. The truth stands when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Rumor that 6'10" Jordan Akers, former Paintsville & Perry Central player, is or has transferred to Buckhorn to play basketball. Any truth to this? Kid may not be able to play dead in a western, I don't know. BUT, according to a quick google search, he was once ranked #6 in the 14th region when at Perry. Again, this is all speculation, but a quick Twitter check backs all this up. Can anyone confirm it?

Ranked #6 in what?? He hasn't played a game in the 14th region!!
Strikeout King Wrote:Will he be able to play this year?

Yes, he will be eligible right away! He is a foster kid!! Done deal.

Who did he play against while at Paintsville??? How many did he have?
ballstar Wrote:Ranked #6 in what?? He hasn't played a game in the 14th region!!

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...ck_check=1
Who ranked him? He is a monster though. I do think he would of helped Perry Central if he could of stayed. He is a good kid and I hope nothing but the best for him. Being 6'10, he is already been blessed. Now he just has to the work. Im sure John Noble will get him some PED's and he will be huge and strong in no time.
What grade is this kid? Is he original from Perry?
Huggy_Bear Wrote:http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...ck_check=1

I will say this and I'm trying to be nice here. I want that kid to do well but he would have been lucky to get any mins at all at PCC. He has great size and runs ok. He will help the Horn a little bit but that's about it. He doesn't understand the game at all when it comes to playing. Trust me on this! He will help more next year if he works hard and stays there. Not sure that will happen.
He is a 16 yr old Jr.
Did this guy just say PEDs? Wow..
I have no idea who he is but 6"10 is pretty big.
What grade is he in?
Perry will have a new one next year also I was told could really play 6'9 from out of state a Junior.
Ballers Wrote:Did this guy just say PEDs? Wow..

Lol, my man Rock truly doesn't care at all.