Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 65 Corbin 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

South Laurel has back-to-back district wins and now control the first seed.

With Williamsburg beating Whitley County tonight, the 50th District just got interesting.
Just when you think you've got things figured out...........
South is on the rise folks. :welcome:
walterwhite Wrote:Just when you think you've got things figured out...........

That's the truth! It'll be interesting down the stretch!
I didn't understand South's strategy at the end of regulation, they were leading by 3 with 14 seconds or so to go and had 2 fouls to give before Corbin got into the bonus. They don't foul and instead allow Goins to shoot and hit a 3 to send it to OT.

They won anyway, but things like that will cost you games.
I think South gets the one seed.
Corbin gets the two
Wburg gets the three
Whitley gets the four.

If I were Whitley, id want South instead of Corbin in the first round.
Its at Corbin.
I think Williamsburg is still the fourth seed.
I still can't figure Corbin out. I still believe they'll be a contender come 13th tourney but right now they just aren't getting it done.
HDE Wrote:I think Williamsburg is still the fourth seed.

If Corbin were to lose their remaining two district games to Wburg and WC, could they drop to the 4 seed? I could see them losing both, or winning both, because the teams are very close in talent this year, although I believe that SL has the most talent with Williamsburg maybe next.
Why aint nobody mentioning not seeing the big 8th grader for corbin at the game. He has enrolled at north
ky playmaker Wrote:Why aint nobody mentioning not seeing the big 8th grader for corbin at the game. He has enrolled at north

What happened? Did he not get to play on the varsity early enough?
Nobody cares. He wasn't playing well.
He been on varsity all year
Is he the one who played at Bell County earlier?
I guess the cat is out of the bag. I didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed.

It appears Bayley Rice will be at North Laurel. That gives them Peyton Broughton and Bryson Asher in the freshman class, and Rice in the 8th grade class. That sets them up for a bright future.
TriCountySports Wrote:I guess the cat is out of the bag. I didn't want to say anything until it was confirmed.

It appears Bayley Rice will be at North Laurel. That gives them Peyton Broughton and Bryson Asher in the freshman class, and Rice in the 8th grade class. That sets them up for a bright future.

:Wave::Wave:
and adam sizemore that is the only true pt guard at north that will play varsity next year as an 8th grader
not to mention weston griebel that very few talk about but can play. freshman
ky playmaker Wrote:and adam sizemore that is the only true pt guard at north that will play varsity next year as an 8th grader

ky playmaker Wrote:not to mention weston griebel that very few talk about but can play. freshman

Both of these players make North Laurel dangerous in just two years. I actually played ball with Adam yesterday and you could never tell he was in 7th grade and he was playing with grown men. His intelligence sets him apart.
ky playmaker Wrote:He been on varsity all year

I'm sorry, I was being sarcastic. Sometimes I just can't help but be a smart aleck.

It appears that kids seem to be congregating at North Laurel that play boys and girls basketball.
IDK, north lost 4 kids in boys basketball, 2 before the year and 2 a few weeks ago. one was a good athlete but a jr and other was a freshman and they picked up rice. 4 for 1.
they are loaded in those grades though.
Big win for South
Corbin kids play really hard and so do South kids. I wish I could of watched this one.
The regions in southeast Ky are loaded with good young talent it will be interesting how the coaches use them
ky playmaker Wrote:Why aint nobody mentioning not seeing the big 8th grader for corbin at the game. He has enrolled at north

Corbin missed Browning in this game as well, especially his rebounding.
We have South in the top five this week (tonight) and Corbin near the bottom. South has won five straight games, while the Redhounds have dropped four in a row.
I was wondering where that big kid went.
I seen several articles about him and the 8th grader in the preseason.

I believe North finished runner up in the 8th grade region tourney by losing to Whitley in the championship. This may have put them back in front.

I understand he left because they did not think he was getting enough varsity playing time. The other side of that is that a senior left earlier in the season because he thought that the 8th grader was getting his playing time.:HitWall: