Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is better overall?
Lebron or Durant

I say overall it is Lebron, but Durant is having a lot better season.
LeBron
Lebron
One thing that sets them apart is Defense. Lebron is a lockdown defender when he has to be. Why is Lebron 13-3 against Durant? Because Lebron guards him!

I'm not taking anything away from Durant. To me, this is a Larry or Magic debate. Both are GREAT - but both do different things for their teams, but both help their teams win! Lebron used to be the best scorer in the game, but when he went from 4 assists to 9 assists per game, he took the Cavs to one, and the Heat to 3 NBA finals! That is repeating what Jordan did by making his teammates better makes your team an NBA Champion! When Durant does that, then we is equal to Lebron!
Ill resolve this now. And I say neither. Theres only one true best.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--6bI_RaEN6RcZ9nEgH_...DcGvzrxdRw]

[Image: 220px-Scal_Media_Day.png]
Runit... Post of the year lol
Scal
Lebron most def tho
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ill resolve this now. And I say neither. Theres only one true best.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS--6bI_RaEN6RcZ9nEgH_...DcGvzrxdRw]

[Image: 220px-Scal_Media_Day.png]

The true GOAT
Stardust Wrote:One thing that sets them apart is Defense. Lebron is a lockdown defender when he has to be. Why is Lebron 13-3 against Durant? Because Lebron guards him!

I'm not taking anything away from Durant. To me, this is a Larry or Magic debate. Both are GREAT - but both do different things for their teams, but both help their teams win! Lebron used to be the best scorer in the game, but when he went from 4 assists to 9 assists per game, he took the Cavs to one, and the Heat to 3 NBA finals! That is repeating what Jordan did by making his teammates better makes your team an NBA Champion! When Durant does that, then we is equal to Lebron!

I read some of the things that your write on hear and I swear you must think everything you hear, read and see on ESPN comes out of the bible! Lebron James is not a Great defensive basketball player! The guy had a streak of over 250 minutes without being called for A FOUL! HOW is that possible??? They called like 3 fouls on the dude in 11 games! Lebron James is nothing but a FLOPPIER with the refs in his pocket! The next time you watch Sports-Center remember you are watching NIKE TV! Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso have deals with Nike about all the ESPN people do! A few weeks ago Demarcus Cousins had like 37 points 17 rebounds and 5 assists against Labron and the Kings beat the Heat and the whole darn Sports Center was nothing but Labron interviews an highlights :HitWall: It was the same crap with MJ and people to this day believe the BS. I don't know how many times I have heard how great of a defender MJ's was! Look at MJ's defensive stats and who he guarded and his actual defensive ranking and THAT Tells the real story! Show me a video of MJ making a defensive play that lead to the Bulls winning or icing a playoff game! YOU CAN'T cause it never happened! I can show 2 or 3 plays like that Larry Bird made. Kareem had 13000 more combined blocked shots and rebounds than MJ! Ask a UK fan what made Anthony Davis so great at UK and most will say "he could effect the outcome (WIN) games without the basketball" Stop watching so much sports center and ESPN programing! You got eyes man! Why doesn't the great Labron and his Super body average 10 rebounds a game?? Larry Bird did for his career! Oh I forgot the game has changed, YEP it has!! Everybody stands around behind the 3point line, or holds the BALL while fancy dribbling all while they change the rules to offset poor basketball skills like free throw shooting and passing and moving without the basketball!
Kareem and Anthony Davis are centers.
They should have more blocks and rebounds than Small Fowards and Shooting Guards
Warthog Wrote:Kareem and Anthony Davis are centers.
They should have more blocks and rebounds than Small Fowards and Shooting Guards

I agree with you 100% but 13000 is a whole heck of a lot! UK fans saw first hand in 2012 how Anthony Davis's rebounds and Blocked shots translated into team victories and a nation title for UK. Think of the number of games that Kareem's blocked shots and rebounds had a impact on! Anyone that knows basketballs knows that a Center and a Shooting guard have 2 different jobs. IMO Kareem was as good or better at his job on the basketball court as MJ was at his! Kareem came along before ESPN and never got the hype that MJ, Bryant and James get. Kareem dominated the game so much in College that the NCAA changed the rules because of him. IMO MJ is by far the greatest shooting guard to ever play the game but to say he is better than Kareem is stupid it's comparing apples to oranges. In a game of one on one both in there prime Kareem would beat MJ 7 or 8 times out of 10 MJ would have no defense for the SKY HOOK a shot that was blocked only a handful of times in 20 years of NBA play
Stardust may have already said it in different ways but... To clarify..
The difference between lebron and Durant is Durant cannot guard lebron. Lebron is a lockdown defender. He's explosive, he's a scorer, he gets steals, assist, and rebounds. Durant is an overall better scorer. Just his size and wing span lets him shoot over any defender. Durant is a great player, not taking anything away from him with my next comment.. But his 30 points a game is because there is no Westbrook. Westbrook shoots just as much as Durant. There is no James harden or Kevin Martin to go too. Durants only help is ibaka.
Ballers Wrote:Stardust may have already said it in different ways but... To clarify..
The difference between lebron and Durant is Durant cannot guard lebron. Lebron is a lockdown defender. He's explosive, he's a scorer, he gets steals, assist, and rebounds. Durant is an overall better scorer. Just his size and wing span lets him shoot over any defender. Durant is a great player, not taking anything away from him with my next comment.. But his 30 points a game is because there is no Westbrook. Westbrook shoots just as much as Durant. There is no James harden or Kevin Martin to go too. Durants only help is ibaka.

That is a fair assessment
No doubt Durant this season is the better player and is more important to his team. He's the MVP but Lebron is a better leader thus making him a champion. I say the next couple years tho, we will be seeing Paul George and Kevin Durant battle it out for the championship!
Overall it's LBJ. KD is the better scorer but that's his role. LBJ gets his 25-30 nightly while also being a defensive stopper, dishing out assists and grabbing 7-10 rebounds. LBJ is on another level to me. KD is the 2nd best no doubt right now but he isn't the defender, passer, and post player that LeBron is.
Durant...
LeBron James is better... and I'm a Cavs fan... a sour one at that.