Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Team To Come From Your School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What was the best overall team to come from your school ?
Shelby Valley - 2000 - Beat Pikeville twice(1st two times ever) and won district.
Shelby Valley - 2001 - Beat Pikeville as 4 seed in district tournament, and won close to 20 games.
Impressive
The '03 Allen Central team won the Region Crown, but overall the best team might have been this past year's team which won something like 23-24 games, and took the region champs 10 innings before falling.
77 AND 2006 Powell Pirates..Region Champs!!!
Paintsville's 1990 State Champs!!!
Yeah, I was gonna say...the 1990 Paintsville team smoked anybody and everybody all the way thru...well, i guess that 5-2 win over Boyd County in the sectional final was kinda close, but not really anything else.
1998,1999 Pikeville Panthers! Final Eight both years!
Oh yeah, our '89 Paintsville team that took a 2-0 lead into the top of the 5th against Lafayette before we got hammered in the state finals wasn't too shabby either.
I will have to agree with Pacman about Allen Central. The 2003 team won the school's only region championship to date, but last season's team set numerous school records, and even earned a few spots in the KHSAA Baseball Record Book as well (Total Runs Scored, Runs per Game, Runs in One Inning). I think they had about as much talent on that team as any team in the region, they just fell short in the region semis to eventual champion Sheldon Clark. But I think the 2006 Rebel team is arguably the best team in Allen Central history, going 23-11, and certainly leaving their mark in AC's area of Floyd County.
Pikeville -06
Big Jim Wrote:Oh yeah, our '89 Paintsville team that took a 2-0 lead into the top of the 5th against Lafayette before we got hammered in the state finals wasn't too shabby either.
Paintsville's '78 team was pretty good, 34-1 losing in the state semis.
thepharmacist Wrote:Pikeville -06

Hmmm....a team that didn't win the region. That is interesting.
thepharmacist Wrote:Pikeville -06
a team that was beat out in the first round of the region?
'49 Prestonsburg Baseball team

I don't keep up with our baseball team but thats the only team in the school thats won state. Thats actually the only team in school history to win state besides wrestling.
The 1999 Pikeville team gets my vote as the top team ever at Pikeville or atleast the top team in the past 20 years.

[url=http://www.pikevillesports.com/baseball/records.php][/url]
1999 Pikeville Panthers also get my vote.
alfus21 Wrote:Shelby Valley - 2000 - Beat Pikeville twice(1st two times ever) and won district.
Shelby Valley - 2001 - Beat Pikeville as 4 seed in district tournament, and won close to 20 games.
If i"m not mistaken I remember a double header at SV in 2000 in which each team won 1 game. What is the other time they beat Pikeville that year.
bigpun Wrote:If i"m not mistaken I remember a double header at SV in 2000 in which each team won 1 game. What is the other time they beat Pikeville that year.

District Championship.
I remember that game. Valley sang their school song on the field afterwards.