Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering everyones thoughts? 5 horse race in my opinion but i see letcher on top then maybe breathit co. or pcc
In no paticular order; Powell, Letcher, Perry, Breathitt, Leslie Any one of those five is very capable of winning region.
I can see Leslie county winning the 14th region....beating perry county other night gives me hope....love Leslie county from 64SUR. :truestory:
I think it comes down to who is the hottest come tourney time.... so many teams can win this region
I like Jenkins
More teams will have a chance than in the past few years. Leslie Co playing on their home floor will have a slight advantage. Injuries and coaching will be two of the important variables in determining a champion.
Powell Co, Perry Co Central, Leslie Co, Letcher Co Central, Breathitt Co, and Jenkins all have characteristics that could enable them to come out on top. The draw may dictate an advantage as well.
I believe goes like this LCC, PCC, Breathitt. Then Leslie, and Powell. After that several trams Jenkins, Owsley, buckhorn, Knott. Anything is possible when tournament time roles around.
Warthog Wrote:I like Jenkins

Jenkins has no chance.....
Breathitt has beat Perry, Letcher, Leslie, and Jenkins. I think they are a contender for the regional title.
Perry overall has lost their spark. In the end Leslie will come out in top depending on if Powell or breathitt hit their peak early. They play each other Jan. 30 so that will show some early peak for one of the 2 teams.
Honorable mentions to LCC, PCC and Jenkins
Putting Leslie, Powell, and Breathitt as favorites over LCC as this point in the season is a little naive and foolish. LCC beat Leslie by 10+ earlier in the year on their home floor. Letcher Central is now starting to gel and play some of their best ball. They have since beaten Breathitt County after losing to them and have recently beaten Knott Central by 20+ and Scott County. Letcher Central had to replace four starters off of last years regional championship team and they have done so successfully. So to discount them as only being honorable mention and not a legitimate contender and or one of the favorites would be basketball blasphemy.
I agree Orange! They are gellin at the right time. They lost to a good Harlan Co team that will compete with Whitley for region. As long as they keep there momentum going and take no one lightly they should be the team to be.
I've scouted against all the teams and I have to say LCC and breathit are the two best I've seen... Breathits size will wear you down.... But I feel the region is wide open