Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel vs. Whitley County 01/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Big matchup in the 50th District tonight. The winner of this game will be in the driver's seat for the top seed.

South Laurel beat the Colonels earlier in the year, but I have the teams ranked closely together. Check it out here -

13th Region Power Rankings

We will be at this game tonight. Follow us on Twitter to keep up with live updates.
Whitley needs this game.
I don't know if they "need" the game. I think they can lose the game and still be fine. But, they definitely don't need to follow up a win over Corbin by laying an egg at South Laurel. It happens a lot, but I don't think Overbey will allow it.
TriCountySports Wrote:I don't know if they "need" the game. I think they can lose the game and still be fine. But, they definitely don't need to follow up a win over Corbin by laying an egg at South Laurel. It happens a lot, but I don't think Overbey will allow it.

Game moved to Friday Jan24th. 6 JV, 730 Varsity
footballfever Wrote:Game moved to Friday Jan24th. 6 JV, 730 Varsity

SORRY wrong on TIME: Boys varsity 6:00 Girls varsity 7:30
Yep! Just drove out to South Laurel and the lights were out. Ha!
TriCountySports Wrote:I don't know if they "need" the game. I think they can lose the game and still be fine. But, they definitely don't need to follow up a win over Corbin by laying an egg at South Laurel. It happens a lot, but I don't think Overbey will allow it.

I think they need it.
A win over South and another win over Corbin gives them the one seed.

You do not want to be stuck playing against Corbin or South in the first round of district.
I understand that. I think it'll be a close game tonight.
Colonels by 12. Colonels finally win a district championship.
both teams are playing well right now. south 62 whitley 50. south pulls away on free throws late.
I will haveto go with one of my local teams in this game.

South laurel 64
whitley county 60 Confusedinglepar
TriCountySports Wrote:Big matchup in the 50th District tonight. The winner of this game will be in the driver's seat for the top seed.

South Laurel beat the Colonels earlier in the year, but I have the teams ranked closely together. Check it out here -

13th Region Power Rankings

We will be at this game tonight. Follow us on Twitter to keep up with live updates.

Why would the winner be in the driver's seat over Corbin?
Corbin beat South, lost to Whitley. Whitley beat Corbin, lost to South. South beat Whitley, lost to Corbin.

The winner of this game will be one game up on the other two. It'll be temporary, but it's a big game, nonetheless.