Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 55 South Laurel 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does South score 85 against Breathitt and only 45 against Middlesboro
^
Its what they've done all year.
I tried to tell those 14th guys on that other thread that South is bottom tier in the 13th.

When I made those rankings of the 13th last week and left south out of the top ten and slid mboro in, this is why.
Yeah, as usual, you knew this was going to happen.

South and North had kind of earned their way back into the top 10, but Middlesboro had a big win over South and Pineville played GREAT in the All A last week, so now I don't know.

I think the top six are clear with Bell, Whitley, HCHS, Corbin, Clay and Harlan. Lynn Camp and Barbourville have been pretty consistent for seven and eight. After that, you have Middlesboro, Pineville, South and North for 9-12, but the order is kind of jumbled.
The bottom five are clear with Knox, Jackson, Williamsburg, OBI and Red Bird.
I hear there is a change coming at Knox, but I have heard this before. So we will wait and see.
only teams in the 13th that south has beat is north and pineville and its like a roller coaster ride with them. you go thru the really fun part and then you go thru the part that makes you puke. lol I cant figure them out. We aint very good as many have said but they do just enough sometimes to show that they are capable. We had 3 girls foul out last nite that didnt help and 2 starters went out with 2 fouls with in a min and half into the game and sit basically the whole first half. one was our only consistent scorer. wasnt a terrible called game either for being on the road. We just fouled to much. I dont know the stats havent looked yet but I would guess 20 or more of the 55 came from the line
^
Yup, and Pineville just beat Lynn Camp.
I'm a Letcher Central Lady Cougar fan and probably have seen more girls basketball games then most of the posters combined as I have watched them consistently since 1981. I will have to agree with RIUTG as the 14th appears to be weaker this year. The Harlan Co/LCC was pretty even most of the game with Harlan Co pulling it out at the end. This is a game the home team usually wins. I feel LCC would play Bell County closer now but I still consider Bell the better team. Last year, I felt like, night in and night out, Letcher was better than any 13th, 14th, and 15th region team. After losing four starter, they are still in a rebuilding process. Mountain girls basketball is not like it use to be as mountain teams were in contention for a state title from the modern day inception of girls basketball in the seventies to 1997. There is some occasional teams that do well state wide but nothing like the teams during that period of time.
South is like us... Up and down.... Best days are ahead for both of us... Our strength is our young players. give us both 2 years and we'll be competing at top of the region.