Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Charleston WV 75 Knott County Central 71
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
???
75-71 South Charleston.
Dont remember final score but just left gym and Knott lost by 5. Good game. Both teams played well and Justice finished with 38. I think he actually had 39 but weird thing happened. Knott came out early and went up 5-3 on a Justice 3 and then a few minutes later they changed the score to 4-3. The ref clearly held up his arms and called 3 and never went to score table to change it. Man in charge of clock and scoreboard had a rough night to say the least.
These WV refs suck
CardinalAlum Wrote:These WV refs suck
I would agree. I guess Im biass because Im a Knott fan but I thought we got horrible calls all night. Not taking anything away from South cause they are tough and can shoot the rock. It was just frustrating with the score never right all night and Im still trying to figure out what happened to that point they took away. Lol
Knott didn't get flat out hosed and I say that only because I don't wanna take anything away from SC, but Knott sure as heck didn't get a call.

In fact, the bad calls made against them were at crucial points and really hurt the Patriots.
Buc Wild Wrote:Knott didn't get flat out hosed and I say that only because I don't wanna take anything away from SC, but Knott sure as heck didn't get a call.

In fact, the bad calls made against them were at crucial points and really hurt the Patriots.
I agree that South team is tough and im not saying Knott lost because of refs. Im just so tired of seeing games officiated so poorly. I think anyone in the gym tonight would agree the officiating was horrid.
What is the world coming to when the 14th regions finest cant even handle a WV team?!?!?!
Gut no one really cares what you have to say. These were 2 good teams and they had a great game. Knott has played some great teams this year and I would say this may be the best team they have played all year.
KY Headhunter Wrote:Gut no one really cares what you have to say. These were 2 good teams and they had a great game. Knott has played some great teams this year and I would say this may be the best team they have played all year.

Sure they do :biglmao:

You make it easy.
I'll tell you, I consider MCMiner247 on here one of my best friends (i don't know that he likes me, but I think he's a hell of a guy) and I'm a KY guy, he's a Wv guy, and he tells me what he feels and even he said he felt like Knott for shafted. Which is weird because I thought the Belfry/Mingo officiating was solid.
Im sure there was calls bad both ways. Like I said earlier Im biass because im a Knott fan but there were some crucial calls that went against Knott in crucial parts of the game and it seemed to me that you had one ref in particular making those calls. Im not saying it was the reason Knott lost but it leaves you wondering what if. There was a charging call on Cornett, a walking call on Justice and a layup by Justice that no foul was called. These 3 calls all went against Knott and really hurt. There were several drives Knott made to the basket and it looked like obvious fouls and nothing was called. Im still wondering how we went from being up 5-3 to only being up 4-3 and the refs did not change anything.
If I were Knott, I wouldn't ever go back
Warthog Wrote:If I were Knott, I wouldn't ever go back

yeah because i'm sure when teams go to knott those teams receive the finest officiated game in the history of basketball. Confusednicker: bad calls happen. it has been part of the game since the inception. if every team that got "shafted" suddenly said "we aren't coming back", nobody would be on anyone's schedule. my best advice would be to GET OVER IT. you lost to another good team. what is wrong with that? oh that team is from west virginia, so they must not be any good.
And if you don't believe that, you, should have been at J. C last night.
I agree I am a KCC fan, we lost no matter how or why we lost. Let's put it behind us, learn from it and get ready to play the next game.
You gotta be ready to play from behind when you go outside of the Region, let alone another state.

Watch how Clay County gets treated at Punkin Palace this week Wink
Some of the most one sided officiated games I've ever witnessed were 15th region teams playing in the 14th region. One in particular was in 2000 when Shelby Valley went to Whitesburg and lost by 1. Later in the season Whitesburg came to Shelby Valley and lost 90-47. You better be significantly better than a 14th region team if you expect to beat them on their home floor... and sometimes that doesn't even help.
As I said earlier this was the best team Knott has played all year and Knott has played great competition.
The King Wrote:Some of the most one sided officiated games I've ever witnessed were 15th region teams playing in the 14th region. One in particular was in 2000 when Shelby Valley went to Whitesburg and lost by 1. Later in the season Whitesburg came to Shelby Valley and lost 90-47. You better be significantly better than a 14th region team if you expect to beat them on their home floor... and sometimes that doesn't even help.

No disrespect but it's not any better when 14th goes to 15th/13th. I don't ever get on hear and cry about it because I always say it is what it is. I truly think home court advantage should be only because the kids shoot better in their own gym and feel more comfortable w/ their surrounding, not because the officials want them to win! This isn't always the case but it should be!
Anytime "princess" Napier is on the floor in the 14th it's gonna be a one sided affair.
Watched this game from start to finish. Two very good high school teams. South Charleston was the better team Saturday night.
You got to overcome bad calls they better get used to it because the regions at Perry Central