Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Indiana Wisconsin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody explain to me why Indiana fans storm the floor.
^
I don't even consider Indiana a powerhouse by any means.
Even there history isn't that great.

If mid majors do, I guess they can to.
Did they storm the court after there loss to Northwestern tonight?
They'll have new popcorn boxes printed up with pictures from todays classic.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Did they storm the court after there loss to Northwestern tonight?

:biglmao:
The same reason UK fans stormed the field after beating one of the worst Tennessee teams in their history. As for the remark about Indiana.....go back and check IU's history in basketball. Just start with Bob Knight's tenure alone. I know people in Kentucky think high school basketball is the greatest in the country but in Indiana it's just nuts.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:The same reason UK fans stormed the field after beating one of the worst Tennessee teams in their history. As for the remark about Indiana.....go back and check IU's history in basketball. Just start with Bob Knight's tenure alone. I know people in Kentucky think high school basketball is the greatest in the country but in Indiana it's just nuts.

When in the hell did Indiana end a 26 year losing streak to a team this year?

I didn't think so.

Not only are we talking different sports but were talking a completely different setting as well.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:The same reason UK fans stormed the field after beating one of the worst Tennessee teams in their history. As for the remark about Indiana.....go back and check IU's history in basketball. Just start with Bob Knight's tenure alone. I know people in Kentucky think high school basketball is the greatest in the country but in Indiana it's just nuts.

You comparing Kentucky football to Indiana basketball shows you are delusional. If your going to TROLL at least have a clue.
insideinfo Wrote:Can somebody explain to me why Indiana fans storm the floor.

Because they can and it's really easy to since there's no barrier between the student section and the court. At Rupp, there's a rail, stairs, some press tables, and tons of security. Most arenas that don't have multiple barriers separating the crowd and the floor will have students rush the court.

If UK students had the chance to storm the court after a big win, they would. Celebrate with players and stand on Rupp's floor, who'd pass that up?
toussaints Wrote:Because they can and it's really easy to since there's no barrier between the student section and the court. At Rupp, there's a rail, stairs, some press tables, and tons of security. Most arenas that don't have multiple barriers separating the crowd and the floor will have students rush the court.

If UK students had the chance to storm the court after a big win, they would. Celebrate with players and stand on Rupp's floor, who'd pass that up?]

Fans that have actually won big games before on a normal level. Hell we don't storm the court for the SEC championship. Only thing we storm for is a NCAA championship. Anything less is only a W.

Mix1...
And what the hell is the difference between storming the field or the basketball court?? None...it's pretty much the same thing. Mentioning the twenty six game losing streak....it wasn't that big..because you beat a terrible UT team. UT has been down for the last few years and that team was by far the worst. What the hell do UK fans care what IU does anyway? Still pissed about "the shot."?
Fromthebleachers Wrote:And what the hell is the difference between storming the field or the basketball court?? None...it's pretty much the same thing. Mentioning the twenty six game losing streak....it wasn't that big..because you beat a terrible UT team. UT has been down for the last few years and that team was by far the worst. What the hell do UK fans care what IU does anyway? Still pissed about "the shot."?

The difference is when you have a Football program with our tradition you storm the field after a big win. With a basketball tradition like ours why would you storm the court after a regular season game. If you don't think ending a 26 game losing streak is a big deal, so be it. I know this will be hard for you to grasp but we have not been playing little sisters of the poor all these years, unlike some of the other instate schools. So if you beat directional U and want to storm the field by all means go right ahead. I just thought Indiana had little more class than storm the court after a win against Wisconsin who has one what.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:And what the hell is the difference between storming the field or the basketball court?? None...it's pretty much the same thing. Mentioning the twenty six game losing streak....it wasn't that big..because you beat a terrible UT team. UT has been down for the last few years and that team was by far the worst. What the hell do UK fans care what IU does anyway? Still pissed about "the shot."?

:biglmao:

You are the first to leave me speechless. Your post is so dumb, im actually completely speechless. Congratulations.

Lol,, anymore what the hell do IU fans care about winning? They are no longer a member of the blue bloods. It must really suck the are irrelevant anymore. And having that creepy crean as coach. If I was a fan of them I'd storm out of the building. Love what's become of the hoosier,, lol. Cutting nets down and hanging rings out in the regular season. You can't make this shit up lol.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:Lol,, anymore what the hell do IU fans care about winning? They are no longer a member of the blue bloods. It must really suck the are irrelevant anymore. And having that creepy crean as coach. If I was a fan of them I'd storm out of the building. Love what's become of the hoosier,, lol. Cutting nets down and hanging rings out in the regular season. You can't make this shit up lol.

Mix1...

Are you serious...lol? Apparently you can. How ignorant do you have to be? How old are some of you? You have to be naive ignorant kids. There is no objectivity in your statements and nothing to back up your dumb comments. Back it up with some substantial evidence and not your blue biased opinion and juvenile comments.
Fromthebleachers Wrote:Are you serious...lol? Apparently you can. How ignorant do you have to be? How old are some of you? You have to be naive ignorant kids. There is no objectivity in your statements and nothing to back up your dumb comments. Back it up with some substantial evidence and not your blue biased opinion and juvenile comments.

I don't have to back it up. IU basketball speaks for itself. I hope clappy crean stays there for years. UI is irrelevant to college basketball as long as he's the coach. Nobody wants to play there,, teams don't want to play there because of the obnoxious fans. It's like Billy Clyde at UK. I assume you're a fan,, so enjoy the clappy ride,, lol.

Mix1...
Mix1 Wrote:I don't have to back it up. IU basketball speaks for itself. I hope clappy crean stays there for years. UI is irrelevant to college basketball as long as he's the coach. Nobody wants to play there,, teams don't want to play there because of the obnoxious fans. It's like Billy Clyde at UK. I assume you're a fan,, so enjoy the clappy ride,, lol.

Mix1...

Yea..UK don't want to play there. Wonder why? IU is relevent. Just because most college programs actually go the college route and don't load up with NBA ready players doesn't mean they aren't relevent. Take a look at IU basketball. Like UK...and that program was pretty clean until they hired that idiot from OU...Crean had to rebuild from a one scholarship player. UK has to hire a coach loaded with his NBA boys to instantly fix their program. Crean did it the right way. IU could have sold their souls...Cal was there for the taking. High school basketball...in Indiana also is second to none. Including this state. You make dumb comments....have some evidence to back it up. Last year...UK wasn't relevant. True statement. NIT and first round loss to Robert Morris?? How is that relevent?