Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 78 - Harlan County 71 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bears played their hearts out!!
This cant be possible.
The 14th is to good for a 13th region team to take one of theres to overtime.
What a game what a game what a game!!!!

I LOVE the way we're playing right now, and getting that "chemistry". I'm about as happy as I can be considering my Bears just got beat!

So, congratulations Commodores!! Hope you guys make it home safely.
Heard Caldwell for Harlan Co had 26 on Johnson tonight. Kid can play. He's a little underrated. Cody Bumgardner can get to the hole anytime he wants. No one in the 13th could stop him from getting where he wants. Big S/O to the Commadores for a heck of a game as well. Johnson' is a monster.
Johnson IS a beast!!! I'm not sure how many times Caldwell and Bumgardner got to rest, but it was very very little! Baby Zak was exhausted!! LOL Took $50 to feed him after the game!!!

Wink
Closer than expected but a win is a win. PCC must have really overlooked this HC team. Congrats on HC for playing well and congrats to PCC on the win.
Good showing by Da bears! PCC is missing Beverly.
Well said TopCat Beverly makes that team.
Beverly play?

How many dunks did Johnson get?
He got one. It was a cheap one... At the end of the game while no one was guarding game was over.
The experience this team is getting without Beverly will really help them in the long run. Impressive that their finding ways to win without their most important player.
I agree! Beverly was there, on the bench. I asked him when he was planning to return, and he told me next week. LOL He's supposed to be out another 2 weeks, but sitting that bench is killing him.

Johnson missed 2 dunks, and made that one at the end of the game. I don't think PC overlooked us, but I do think they underestimated our defense. We've been very good on defense in the last two games.
So close! Good job by Harlan Co in this one. Even with Beverly out, Perry is a good team. Johnson and Tobler are both tough to handle. Johnson may be the best athlete in the mountains.

Looks like the Black Bears have turned it around since the Bell Co debacle. I know these kids want to do what it takes to win, and Coach Jones will put them in a position to do that.

BTW, Granny, Zak is anything but a baby! Ha!
with Beverly this game is not close Perry wins by 20+ He could have played bit will not ntil after next week. Hes shooting jump shoots in the gym a few days ago.
PC made it to the finals of the WYMT classic and lost only by 2 points in the finals so they are a very good team without Beverly and HC outplayed them last night and should have won the game! Zach Caldwell and Cody Bumgardner played like men and the supporting cast played with a lot of heart and passion! We had several opportunities to snatch control of the game, but we just got a little too anxious with the ball and made some critical turnovers. When I got to the gym I told a friend I was with that we can beat this team and we almost pulled it off! I was real proud of the team last night....
^^
I was proud of them too, BBC....sooo proud of them. I sure hope we can continue to play with this passion and determination. Cody would NOT be stopped. Those critical turn overs may have made a difference in the game, but I'm glad that the kids who made those turn overs APPEARED to understand that's it's part of the game, and didn't allow those errors to take their heads out of the play! Maturity; I saw a lot of that last night.

And by the way, TriCountySports, Baby Zak wears that name proudly...just check out is face book!!!

Wink
Harlan County is back in my opinion.To make a run in the 13th...Granny Bear. :Cheerlead
bear claw Wrote:Bears played their hearts out!!
Come on Bear Claw, I gave a guy from Clay Co a hard time for not posting the score correctly so I can't let you slide either! Lol, you're supposed to always post the winning teams score first? You don't post the losing team first? Don't you watch ESPN? Lol....... Please don't come back with the same reason the guy from Clay Co gave that his interest was in Clay Co and that's why he posted them first no matter who won?
Really??? I didn't know that either. I always posted the hosting school first.
I am not very smart!!!
I don't know if they are back yet. The last time everyone was bragging on them they lost nine of 10.
As Granny Bear said, it's all about consistency. I'm curious to see how ready they are to play against Bell after the previous loss at Log Mountain. That was the ugliest performance I've ever seen by a Harlan County team.
It's good to see Caldwell have a big game against a good team. He should do that every night with his size, strength and skills. If he could play with the intensity of his brother Aaron every night he may be an all stater in two sports.
I agree HDE, we have a long way to go to be back but the last couple of games have been in the right directions. This inexperienced team is starting to get that experience that is needed. I mean, not one of the 5 starters started last year AND we have 2 freshmen guards that are growing as we speak. As far as Zak goes, well first off I want to congratulate him and Carson for being the first Harlan County High School football players to make 1st team All-State. Zak amazes me with his size and the way he can shoot from the outside and handle the ball. You are right, he could be a two sport All-State player. I am just glad he is just a junior. I would love for Fred to get mean. Cody is the fastest guard that HC has had. He would make a heck of a DB in football.
Safety!!!! I see cody as safety!!

Confusednicker:

I was anxious to see if we could continue our level of intensity and defense in the Perry County game. I was very pleasantly surprised. NOW, if we can continue and mature in those two areas, Bell County will be a different game.

HDE is correct when he analyzed that as the ugliest game he's ever seen us play. I never want to see that again.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Come on Bear Claw, I gave a guy from Clay Co a hard time for not posting the score correctly so I can't let you slide either! Lol, you're supposed to always post the winning teams score first? You don't post the losing team first? Don't you watch ESPN? Lol....... Please don't come back with the same reason the guy from Clay Co gave that his interest was in Clay Co and that's why he posted them first no matter who won?

Posted correctly in your honor this time.
UKCC Wrote:Posted correctly in your honor this time.
TYVM! HaHaHaHaHaHa
Along with the fact that HC played hard and played well in this game I was happy to see the kids look confident shooting the 3 point shot. We made 3 or 4 in the first half, not sure if we made any the second half, but we looked like we had the freedom and the confidence to put them up. Caldwell looked very confident shooting the 3 and that is important to this team, we need that from him! Also, the 2 youngsters (Carmical and Spurlock) put a couple up with confidence late but didnt get em to fall, I really believe they will fall for these guys if they just keep believing in themselves! This team can be a solid team I believe if they bring the same passion and confidence to the gym with em every night like they did last night!
What's the latest on Beverley? Kind of an important game coming up.
He is walking around without a limp but he isn't game ready yet
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:TYVM! HaHaHaHaHaHa

zaga_fan Wrote:He is walking around without a limp but he isn't game ready yet

Gotcha, still should be a game to watch. Great player. Hope for a full recovery. Plus he's in a different region. Haha
Beverly told me that he had started shooting some jump shots just this week in the gym, and his ankle felt fine. LOL (don't know if I believe him or not) But, anyway was hoping to be back to playing next Friday.

Good luck to him!! He's an amazing player, and such a sweet kid.
Pages: 1 2