Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Teams in the 13th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new team leads our rankings this week -

13th Region Power Rankings (Week Six)
Good matchup tonight in the 13th - Corbin vs. Whitley Co.

Whitley's loss to Leslie Co was surprising and is a blemish on their record. A win tonight versus Corbin would be huge for the Colonels.
Also, North Laurel vs. Jackson Co has been canceled for tonight. There has been no word as to when it will be made up.

Jackson Co now has to make up games with North Laurel and Clay Co.
word I am hearing most is make it up tom
Jackson County vs North Laurel make up games are January 27 and Feb 8th. I think the 27th is at Jackson and the 8th at North. Not 100% on the home and away sites but I am 100% these are the make up dates....... Both teams tried to make tonight's game up tommorow at North but they was some kinda cheer leading event tommorow at North........Still no word when the Clay at Jackson game will be made up.
Like the switch up as far as having something to talk about! Don't think the one loss Clay had was enough to drop them considering everyone in the region has at least one. Clay has loss 3 games in 2 years the next closest is double with 6! I know your basing it on weekly play and the loss shows that Clay is very beatable by a lot of team in the region, however if you were placing odds on who wins the region who would you give the better odds to Jackson or Clay!
The drop to three was more Clay on a three-game losing skid, than just the loss to Knox Central.

I think the region is a three-horse race between Clay, Jackson and Knox. There isn't a lot of difference in them as far as talent is concerned.

Clay's downfall is that they have players who disappear at times, but I won't name names, I'm not sure if I'm going to see a complete team effort from them.

Jackson Co has a great starting five, but they could very well get put out of the postseason if just one starter gets in foul trouble. I'm not sold on their bench.

Knox Central has been inconsistent. I think they play to the level of their competition, and that could bite them in the early rounds of the region.
TriCountySports Wrote:The drop to three was more Clay on a three-game losing skid, than just the loss to Knox Central.

I think the region is a three-horse race between Clay, Jackson and Knox. There isn't a lot of difference in them as far as talent is concerned.

Clay's downfall is that they have players who disappear at times, but I won't name names, I'm not sure if I'm going to see a complete team effort from them.

Jackson Co has a great starting five, but they could very well get put out of the postseason if just one starter gets in foul trouble. I'm not sold on their bench.

Knox Central has been inconsistent. I think they play to the level of their competition, and that could bite them in the early rounds of the region.

We Clay fans know who the players are and that statement is very true. Clay could easily be undefeated.
IDK you could see some team get hot and run the table come tourney time. That's why we play the games
This is the best post I've read couldn't be more true. The team that hits the peak of their potential at tournament time has the best odds. That's what I love bout tournament time in KY, when the district tournaments start every team in KY has the same record 0-0 lol. You could be a very good team that had an injury to a player or maybe just not played to expectations and have a losing record at tournament time and still make it to Rupp!!
Im just throwing this out there, and I know Whitley has a couple of bad losses, but they have beaten Corbin, Bell, and Bville. All of which are ranked ahead of them. These come out before the Corbin game, but I would think they get a major bump this week.