Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co 61 Sheldon Clark 47
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Nice district win for LC.
Nice upset on the road
Up set. Hahahaha
Nice win dawgs keep it going you can control your own destiny with a win over JC Saturday that hard schedule is paying off.
Congrats Lawrence County. Thought they played extremely well as a team. I guess coachman and their clan are happy tonight and the coach had the "correct " game plan, let the 5' 6 shooting guard shoot every shot the second half and turn a 2 point game into a 14 pt loss. And that's right, I said shooting guard, not point guard. Point guards get everyone involved and make everyone better...like Chaffins...and pass the ball. Jealousy and selfishness are killing the cards right now. The cards looked good offensively in the 1st half moving the ball and finding the open guy, but its not about that...it's about points, not who wins the game.....Just like in the finals of the region last year, one player took the cards out of the game......that's not playing with "heart"...it's just plain selfishness.....the coach will have a hard time reeling him now after sitting him in the Shelby Valley game and turn around and let him go crazy this game....
:betterthanexpected: Team Ball (will win every time) Good to see in a time of most players are concerned with stats other than WINS!!!!!!
Hardly an upset... :eyeroll:
Nice win for Lawrence , Sheldon Clark will be fine.
Both teams played good and took care of the basketball. It was only a two point game at halftime 25-23. The bulldogs played at a higher level in the second half and the Cardinals didn't have enough fire power to keep up.
Congrats to LC. They are the better team. There seems to be a lot going on with the SC ball team right now. In my opinion, you can't blame a loss one player. Here of late, SC has been out coached. If a player gets out of control and selfish, that's the coaches fault for letting it happen. He has a bench full of players yet he let's the ones who shoot their arms off continue to do so. And yes I said "ones". It's more than just Parsley. James is just as bad.
SCHS Wrote:Congrats to LC. They are the better team. There seems to be a lot going on with the SC ball team right now. In my opinion, you can't blame a loss one player. Here of late, SC has been out coached. If a player gets out of control and selfish, that's the coaches fault for letting it happen. He has a bench full of players yet he let's the ones who shoot their arms off continue to do so. And yes I said "ones". It's more than just Parsley. James is just as bad.

sounds a lot like what is going on in lawrence. i mean some of our fans are saying our two best players are taking more shots than the others and that needs to stop. what is the game coming to? when better players take more shots....:biglmao: that should never happen. Confusednicker:
^ I think the point SCHS was trying to make is that one or two people can't win the game for you... a team effort is a much better approach. From a statistical prospective if you look at LC's wins vs. losses in most every case the games where the scoring is more evenly spread are the games they have won... the games they have lost you have one or sometimes two players who's shot attempts jump out at you a bit more.
Ok, if Parsley and James are the ones doing the shooting then the coach is doing the right thing. You take those 2 off that team and they are winless on the season. Not disrespecting the team concept at all but that's just way truth. I think that coach is doing a great job for what he has to work with, I would shake his hand and go about my way. It could be much worse.
Creeker, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Its a fact that a coach wants the best players taking the majority of the shots. If they don't then you don't have much chance to be successful.They cant take every shot so thats when the others get their chance to step up.
I agree. It could be worse. We will see at the end of this season, where the 'peoples' loyalties lie. It is all nice and sweet when teams/coaches are winning, but when a few losses appear on a schedule....They want to bash the one who is doing the coaching. If 'true' people knew what these coaches do to prepare for a game,...travel to watch other teams play, watch endless hrs of film, sacrifice time and their own money to make their team better....the fans would be more supportive and back their team/coach no matter what and at all costs!
I think SC Coach is a heck of a coach. Situational plays like in bound or drawing up a play off a timeout I think he does great. I see him making great in game adjustments. I mean sometimes he does things in question but I mean what coach don't? Yes he needs to fix the chemistry on his team and he can do that but his got to lay the law down. If they don't listen bench them. Idc if it's your best player or the worst player on the team. And another thing don't draw a play up and watch it get executed to perfection and turn around and look at one particular set of parents right behind you and point at them and celebrate with them. Turn around and point and your team and get your team pumped up on the bench.
I would do thAt, for seventy or eighty thousand a year. Hahahahaha
Most of the important things in the world (especially sports) have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

:Cheerlead
^^ Agree 100%
You people need to stop dogging these kids and get the facts before you post things that are not true. These boys have worked hard and love playing the game. And for you Earl if you don't like the way The Cards are playing....stay home... You don't have one playing this year anyway. I think you meant Coachfan... their clan has nothing to be jealous of.