Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach French Looking to Leave Boyle County?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have a question for the Boyle county fans if Larry French indeed applied for the southwestern why would you want a coach to stay who evidently is not loyal to the program if his loyalty was at Boyle he wouldn't be looking to leave for a program that has never been a state title contender.I know Boyle is not where they once were and is somewhat rebuilding but if I'm the AD at Boyle I don't want a coach who is looking for another job to me that's kinda like cheating on your wife why would you want to keep him?
Jack Lambert Wrote:I have a question for the Boyle county fans if Larry French indeed applied for the southwestern why would you want a coach to stay who evidently is not loyal to the program if his loyalty was at Boyle he wouldn't be looking to leave for a program that has never been a state title contender.I know Boyle is not where they once were and is somewhat rebuilding but if I'm the AD at Boyle I don't want a coach who is looking for another job to me that's kinda like cheating on your wife why would you want to keep him?

And this sentiment right here, no matter how heart felt and potentially true it is, is why coaches with head coaching positions do not openly apply for any other positions and why message boards and the like have taken the local restraunt gossip to an entirely new level.
Tell me how many schools have recently let go of coaches after a couple subpar seasons. Perhaps because they "weren't where they once were."
I'm curious, let's just say you are an engineer at a factory, or a foreman some type of position where you have a team of people that you are responsible for, and because of reasons personal or otherwise you decide to take a look at a position in a factory in another town. Is that like cheating on your wife? Is it being disloyal?
If little Johnny isn't getting the playing time that daddy thinks he should be getting, in many cases daddy is running to every school within spitting distance and that isn't disloyal?
I understand completely the trust factor and all that goes with that in program building. But I'd also say, call and ask Ivan McGlone what loyalty will get you these days.
If I'm the AD at a school and the coach is looking to leave a school that has won 7 state championships and he has two of them his self for a school that has never been a contender and he's been given pretty much everything he's ever asked for staff wise at his current school then I give him his walking papers weather he gets the other job or not if he's not happy and not loyal to his program then you're not gonna get his best effort so why keep him.IMO
There is no such thing as loyalty in high school athletics anymore!!
I don't know for sure if French has applied for the SW job or not but if he has then evidently he is not happy at Boyle and doesn't need to be there.
If he has been given everything he wanted then why would he look elsewhere? Maybe there's something else? If you have 2 championships and getting everything you want why look some where else? Just saying???
Understand your point and honestly value it. I wish there were more loyalty on both sides of the coin. I'm just saying it's what happens more often than not and the coach is portrayed in bad light. Boyle is certainly a different situation than most at least from outside looking in. But same perceptions are true there as anywhere else. Chris Pardue was very loyal to Boyle. Didn't end quite so well for him.
Coach Pardue got his revenge this year! He's doing quit well at Mercer! It's hard to be the man that follows the MAN!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:If I'm the AD at a school and the coach is looking to leave a school that has won 7 state championships and he has two of them his self for a school that has never been a contender and he's been given pretty much everything he's ever asked for staff wise at his current school then I give him his walking papers weather he gets the other job or not if he's not happy and not loyal to his program then you're not gonna get his best effort so why keep him.IMO

Problem is, that whole "Loyalty" thing is often a 1 way street in the eyes of the school districts and powers to be.

If a coach is doing well at school A, yet is looking for a new challenge/better opportunity for himself/family, then the "loyalty" card gets brought up.

…however, let this same coach not do so well at School A for a couple years (up to their standards anyway), and that loyalty sh!t gets thrown out the door on their end.

Take Urban Meyer for example, I know some FLA fans who despise him now…… they scream that "loyalty" stuff; that he didn't show any. Well, had he followed up with two 6-8 win seasons…tell ya how "loyal" they'd had been to him, and that's none.

Coaching is no different than any other position in the fact that when it gets down to you, you look out for you and yours, b/c I can guarantee those above you are doing the same (whether they want to admit it or not).
Lone Ranger Wrote:Understand your point and honestly value it. I wish there were more loyalty on both sides of the coin. I'm just saying it's what happens more often than not and the coach is portrayed in bad light. Boyle is certainly a different situation than most at least from outside looking in. But same perceptions are true there as anywhere else. Chris Pardue was very loyal to Boyle. Didn't end quite so well for him.

Exactly.

This loyalty crap is a Disney Land thought. Like you, I'd like to see it more on both sides, but that's why it falls into the category of fairy tales.
The definition of "loyalty" tends to be very flexible when it pertains to employment in the coaching field. From experience, coaches tend to be much more loyal than school administration.
I agree with Walter white there's no such thing as loyalty amongst administrators!!
walterwhite Wrote:The definition of "loyalty" tends to be very flexible when it pertains to employment in the coaching field. From experience, coaches tend to be much more loyal than school administration.

Got that right.
walterwhite Wrote:The definition of "loyalty" tends to be very flexible when it pertains to employment in the coaching field. From experience, coaches tend to be much more loyal than school administration.

Ha Ha Ask my friend Jerry Perry where loyalty gets you.
jlow Wrote:Ha Ha Ask my friend Jerry Perry where loyalty gets you.

:truestory:
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Problem is, that whole "Loyalty" thing is often a 1 way street in the eyes of the school districts and powers to be.

If a coach is doing well at school A, yet is looking for a new challenge/better opportunity for himself/family, then the "loyalty" card gets brought up.

…however, let this same coach not do so well at School A for a couple years (up to their standards anyway), and that loyalty sh!t gets thrown out the door on their end.

Take Urban Meyer for example, I know some FLA fans who despise him now…… they scream that "loyalty" stuff; that he didn't show any. Well, had he followed up with two 6-8 win seasons…tell ya how "loyal" they'd had been to him, and that's none.

Coaching is no different than any other position in the fact that when it gets down to you, you look out for you and yours, b/c I can guarantee those above you are doing the same (whether they want to admit it or not).

That's the way its always been with loyalty its always been a 1 way street at any level of sports.
Lone Ranger Wrote:Understand your point and honestly value it. I wish there were more loyalty on both sides of the coin. I'm just saying it's what happens more often than not and the coach is portrayed in bad light. Boyle is certainly a different situation than most at least from outside looking in. But same perceptions are true there as anywhere else. Chris Pardue was very loyal to Boyle. Didn't end quite so well for him.

Chris Pardue was a great offensive cord but IMO not a very good head coach many of us at Boyle thought he was destroying what Chuck Smith built that's why he was released.
Yet we only question it from the coached. I dont, but most do..makes a lot of sense.

HS/Colleges..you look out for you, but coaches, you cant.

Sorry, I don't and never will buy that Disney Land chite.
Any updates on when southwestern is announcing the new head coach?
Just a unbiased view here. Any team in the state would be lucky to have coach French at the helm. If I'm a Whitley fan I would be excited about the chances of French coaching my team. If any Boyle fans or personnel want French gone based off of on field results then you're spoiled and forgot what it's like to be mediocre.

You don't take chances on coaches when you have a established coach capable of winning you a state championship on any given year. That's just my take. Good luck regardless to Boyle County.
Any updates on when Southwestern is announcing the new head coach?
I Agree
Jack Lambert Wrote:I don't know for sure if French has applied for the SW job or not but if he has then evidently he is not happy at Boyle and doesn't need to be there.
If a head coach from any high school has applied for another job; Would the school where he coached still want him. What is everybody thoughts on this?
WildDawg Wrote:Just a unbiased view here. Any team in the state would be lucky to have coach French at the helm. If I'm a Whitley fan I would be excited about the chances of French coaching my team. If any Boyle fans or personnel want French gone based off of on field results then you're spoiled and forgot what it's like to be mediocre.

You don't take chances on coaches when you have a established coach capable of winning you a state championship on any given year. That's just my take. Good luck regardless to Boyle County.

I'm sure there are a few spoiled fans. But I believe Jack doesn't necessarily have a problem with his results, it's the fact that Coach French is contemplating leaving Boyle. The spoiled comments are being over used. See what you did Jack!
I Agree
BoyleCounty Wrote:I'm sure there are a few spoiled fans. But I believe Jack doesn't necessarily have a problem with his results, it's the fact that Coach French is contemplating leaving Boyle. The spoiled comments are being over used. See what you did Jack!
I'm not spoiled I just want to win I don't care who the head coach is but I think we have 2 coaches who need to go and French is one of them I see things going south for Boyle if there is not a change in the near future.
WildDawg Wrote:Just a unbiased view here. Any team in the state would be lucky to have coach French at the helm. If I'm a Whitley fan I would be excited about the chances of French coaching my team. If any Boyle fans or personnel want French gone based off of on field results then you're spoiled and forgot what it's like to be mediocre.

I wanted French and Mason gone before the season was half over French applying for the SW job for me was just adding insult to injury.
If French does leave before the 2014 season, would Boyle fans consider/support Jerry Perry for the HC position?
Gitback Coach Wrote:If French does leave before the 2014 season, would Boyle fans consider/support Jerry Perry for the HC position?

Absolutely not!!!
If French leaves, who would BC go after?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5