Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 64 Pike Central 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cats get back in the region and back on the winning track. Good job boys.
Congrats to my Blackcats.

Good luck against South Floyd. We need this district win.
Big Win for the Cats! Should be a good strecth for P-burg the next several games.
Pike Central would be better if they could score more.
Cougar Connection Wrote:Big Win for the Cats! Should be a good strecth for P-burg the next several games.

With the exception of Lawrence County I agree. That will be a tough one to win.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:With the exception of Lawrence County I agree. That will be a tough one to win.
Any stats from this game #1? Sure would like to see them.
sprucepinetiger Wrote:Any stats from this game #1? Sure would like to see them.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to this one. I have spoken with a couple of people who attended the game. FYI, one from Pike Central the other from Prestonsburg. Both said Dalton Frasure had his way inside (29pts 12rebs). They also thought Prestonsburg's press was the difference in the game.

Hopefully someone else can provide you with more stats, but this is all I have brother.
Well that was my first trip there in a long time and all I can say is that nothing has changed you can't beat P-Burg on their home floor too much home cooking then and still now, see what happens when they play on a neutral floor later in the year was told it was the same against Magoffin co. too...
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:Well that was my first trip there in a long time and all I can say is that nothing has changed you can't beat P-Burg on their home floor too much home cooking then and still now, see what happens when they play on a neutral floor later in the year was told it was the same against Magoffin co. too...
Hey Bluegrasshoops1972, What type of home cookin' did the Blackcats receive? Now mind you I'm not a Pburg guy, I'm just asking. When do these two teams play on a neutral floor? Are you talking about meeting in the regional tournament? The talent pool for most teams in the 15th region is very, very close. There are one or two teams who may be a little further ahead than some. However, you could just about see any team beat someone or get beat on any given night.
Ok let's start with their best and only player frasure he should have fouled out and had a technical for putting a PCC player in a headlock and throwing him to the ground, then on a lose ball in which no one had possession P-burg calls aTO and gets it doesn't someone have to have the ball to even call time out or what and buddy I think I know how things work in the 58th everyone gets home cooking esp. Prestonsburg.....
BluegrassHoops1972 Wrote:Ok let's start with their best and only player frasure he should have fouled out and had a technical for putting a PCC player in a headlock and throwing him to the ground, then on a lose ball in which no one had possession P-burg calls aTO and gets it doesn't someone have to have the ball to even call time out or what and buddy I think I know how things work in the 58th everyone gets home cooking esp. Prestonsburg.....

That is not the truth.. If you're going to get on here and cry about a game be honest..It was a jump ball, there was not even a foul. They both had their hands on the ball, he's just bigger and stronger, it was in in clear view by everyone. I agree we shouldn't have got the time out at the end, but in the least it would have been a foul on your player for knocking #33 out of bounds. By the way your players got warned several times for the cheap shots on their screens.
Bluegrass Hoops 1972 Post from the Magoffin County/Pike Central thread.....................I know enough about their kind of basketball they couldn't win on the road and was it was almost impossible to win there, bad shooting, great shooting by them, or a lil bit of home cooking is pretty much Magoffin Co basketball as rumored esp at there place...

Come up with a new excuse. Pike Central has a good team. Prestonsburg executed their press and played a good ball game.
Nice win for the Blackcats!