Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Palmer's Game Against the Browns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
alfus21............ calling you out. Palmer sat in the pocket, took hits, had people rolling over his legs, tucked it and ran, stood tall in the pocket under pressure.

Wasn't preseason, nobody was taking it easy, Palmer took shots, stood tall, was the general, leading the Bengals to victory.

Were you wrong??
Somewhat wrong so far. Still got 14 games to go, so I wouldn't get comfortable yet. It was only the Browns also, so not much of a challenge.

I wonder if Johnson has stopped seeing spots and the ringing in his ear has stopped yet?
alfus21 Wrote:Somewhat wrong so far. Still got 14 games to go, so I wouldn't get comfortable yet. It was only the Browns also, so not much of a challenge.

I wonder if Johnson has stopped seeing spots and the ringing in his ear has stopped yet?

Browns may be horrible, but that's irrelevant in Palmer standing in and taking shots.

Chad may have stopped seeing spots, but I think he still thinks he's a unicorn
Bengals are a quality team this year no doubt. I see them winning 11 or 12 games.
alfus21 Wrote:Somewhat wrong so far. Still got 14 games to go, so I wouldn't get comfortable yet. It was only the Browns also, so not much of a challenge.

Wait a minute, I just found this:
alfus21 Wrote:Four of the most classless statements I've ever seen. The fact that some of you can sit and say that a hit on Palmer was classless and then brag about this hit is the most hypocritical thing I've ever seen.

Trent Green is one of the most classy QB's in football and was running to help his team and was hit while sliding. It wasn't a nasty hit, just a stupid one. That's nothing to be proud of and the fact that the guy got up bragging with Green laying there is the most idiotic thing I'd ever seen. Broadcasters, analysts, and any unbiased person has said all day how classless that was, and that it was an unnecessary hit.

Geathers may not have been able to stop but he could have softened the blow significantly. There was no need for what looked to be a helmet to helmet hit though, which is what it looked like.

Pathetic, seriously this time guys. That's nothing to be proud of. Karma is a bitch though, and you have a guy at QB with a leg that could go anytime.

Even if Chad comes off less-classy as Trent Green, it's the same principle..... And that, ladies and gentlemen, is hypocrisy in its purest form
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Bengals are a quality team this year no doubt. I see them winning 11 or 12 games.

I agree, even with their tough schedule
BFritz Wrote:Wait a minute, I just found this:

Even if Chad comes off less-classy as Trent Green, it's the same principle..... And that, ladies and gentlemen, is hypocrisy in its purest form

I was being facetious and somewhat sarcastic with that statement. Anybody with common sense would know I was just saying that because of your statements about Green.

Also consider the fact that Johnson does nothing but run his mouth, so it's good to finally see somebody stick it to him.

I read somewhere that he was asking people if they won after the game.
I hate then bengals and i hate Bfritz. BUT Chad Johnson can back up his smack talk most of the time
Meade Wrote:i hate Bfritz.
That's really uncalled for. Ease up a little on your statements.
alfus21 Wrote:I was being facetious and somewhat sarcastic with that statement. Anybody with common sense would know I was just saying that because of your statements about Green.

Also consider the fact that Johnson does nothing but run his mouth, so it's good to finally see somebody stick it to him.

I read somewhere that he was asking people if they won after the game.

So you were being facetious and somewhat sarcastic the first time, but obviously not that time. Anybody with common sense would know that's hypocrisy.

BCF4L Wrote:That's really uncalled for. Ease up a little on your statements.

Let him hate me and say all that, it doesn't bother me, only gives me more fuel
Palmer did look good.
BFritz Wrote:So you were being facetious and somewhat sarcastic the first time, but obviously not that time. Anybody with common sense would know that's hypocrisy.

No, because it was a clean hit on somebody who does nothing but talk trash to the Browns. If he didn't have it coming I don't know who did.
alfus21 Wrote:No, because it was a clean hit on somebody who does nothing but talk trash to the Browns. If he didn't have it coming I don't know who did.

Ever think that he does it to give himself an edge, as well as giving his teammates confidence that he believes in them as well as himself? Or to intimidate the Browns?

Throw all that out: You and a few other members on here continuously bad-mouth the Bengals, so I guess you deserve anything bad that happens to you? Any injury you suffer is ok? A Bengal can beat you til you don't know who you are and it's ok??
BFritz Wrote:Ever think that he does it to give himself an edge, as well as giving his teammates confidence that he believes in them as well as himself? Or to intimidate the Browns?

Throw all that out: You and a few other members on here continuously bad-mouth the Bengals, so I guess you deserve anything bad that happens to you? Any injury you suffer is ok? A Bengal can beat you til you don't know who you are and it's ok??

I don't think he intimidates the Browns at all. He has had more problems vs. them than any other team, and when he does do good like Sunday they still laid the hardest hit he's ever had on him.

As for the 2nd part of what you said. What in the world are you talking about?
alfus21 Wrote:I don't think he intimidates the Browns at all. He has had more problems vs. them than any other team, and when he does do good like Sunday they still laid the hardest hit he's ever had on him.

As for the 2nd part of what you said. What in the world are you talking about?

If he doesn't intimidate the Browns, he says it to make his teammates know that he plans on owning them, and to make them know that he believes in them.

As for the 2nd part, you said it was ok because he talks trash. So is it ok if anyone you ever bad-mouthed just did what they wanted to you?
u know i hope pittsburgh tears palmers knee up again so bfritz will shut his mouth...then i hope they lose every game.
BFritz Wrote:If he doesn't intimidate the Browns, he says it to make his teammates know that he plans on owning them, and to make them know that he believes in them.

As for the 2nd part, you said it was ok because he talks trash. So is it ok if anyone you ever bad-mouthed just did what they wanted to you?

Waiting on you, alfus..........

braves_fan_10 Wrote:u know i hope pittsburgh tears palmers knee up again so bfritz will shut his mouth...then i hope they lose every game.

You hope they tear his knee open again so I will shut my mouth. Tear his knee open so I shut my mouth about them tearing his knee open.... Somebody explain that logic to me, please. You also sound like a very good, caring, moral person.
BFritz Wrote:Waiting on you, alfus..........

Nothing more to discuss in my opinion. I didn't understand what you were saying so this so called "discussion" was going nowhere fast. Nothing left to be said that hasn't been said.
This one's over this week guys. The thread is going nowhere good. Palmer played well. Chad took a major hit. Hope he makes it back this week. I hate to see ANY player injured. Plus he's on my fantasy team. Save some arguing for the rest of the season and playoffs when it really counts.