Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Team Rankings (Week Five)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are our latest team rankings -

13th Region Team Rankings
Let us know how you would rank these teams?

Or, just tell us what we did wrong! Smile
Bell Co lost to Perry Central tonight, but that won't affect their ranking. PC is a really good team, coming out of the 14th Region.
The rankings look pretty accurate for the most part, I agree about the Bell loss to PC. The 14th Region this year is just considerably stronger than the 13th. The winner of the 14th will have a real shot at making the final 4 or better at Rupp this year.
Bell Co was 7th last week, but they beat Harlan Co 63-35, so I moved them past Whitley Co and North Laurel.

The 14th Region is good and has been for a few years now. It will be all about the draw at the Sweet 16. Last year the 13th and 14th played each other (Clay vs. Knott), but Knott had to play Ballard (7th Region) in the second round, and Ballard was the favorite.

According to the Litkenhous Ratings, there is only one region worse than the 13th - that is the 16th Region. The 13th will have to get a really good draw to make any noise.
I'm just bumping this to the top for activity, because I like the guy at Tri-County Sports Smile

Guessing lack of activity means everyone agrees. I don't have any changes to offer, other than Harlan got to 7-2 last week (win over Wise Central), if that and the two close losses against Bell (who could be a contender) makes you feel any better about leaving them at 10 for now.
I think harlan ind should be move up maybe one spot...other than that 100% :rockon:
Based on records, Harlan probably should be ahead of South Laurel. I could probably put Harlan, Barbourville, Whitley, North, and South in a cup and pull out names for teams 6-10 and make a case for all of them. I don't see too much of a difference, which should make for an interesting post season.
After Hazard beat Knott Central tonight, the Jackson County loss to Hazard is looking even better. Of course, there are never moral victories, but the Generals are legit.